• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My GODLESS life is very HAPPY, WEALTHY and SUCCESSFUL. WHY????

tr3

I would like to share my GODLESS life story with you folks here, so here I go...

God didn't give me happiness, great health and wealth. I did it all myself at 27 years old. I don't believe in god, all because I'm a LEADER and I hate following others (like God's teachings). I'm NOT A FOLLOWER and that is the key. I believe I got here this far because I did it all myself. I'm a lot more happier, healthier and wealthier than many Christians, and that makes no sense. I'm 27 years old with a computer science degree. I own 3 independent online businesses, yet I only have to work about 5 hours a day less. I pay enough income taxes to buy a brand new BMW every year. I'm now engaged with a gorgeous, lovely & smart 27 year old woman with a PHD in children psychology who is also an atheist. I'm extremely healthy in all respects physically and mentally. I'm a law abiding, voting and taxpaying US citizen who used to serve in the Army for 6 years. I own my own home and cars. I paid off my parents' house mortgage and they are very very proud of me. I'm a volunteer at the Humane Society all for the joy of caring for homeless pets. My life is simply PERFECT. If I FOLLOWED GOD, I probably would have been just another Joe working for somebody, following someone's orders and teachings, and I wouldn't have gotten this far this early. I want opinions from Christians and whoever on why my life is so WONDERFUL without GOD?

Rex

Founder
Hmm interesting first post. Some people may need God and others not. This doesn't make either one better than the other.

But let us take for example someone more successful than you are that does believe in God. Would that make you convert?

Master Vigil

I'm very excited for you. I hope your future is as or more happier than it is now. I am not sure if belief in god had anything to do with it. But of course, that doesn't matter to me. I just wish you a great future!!

SoulTYPE

tr3 said:
all because I'm a LEADER and I hate following others (like God's teachings). I'm NOT A FOLLOWER and that is the key.
The best belief one can have is not in any god, but in themself.

tr3 said:
I believe I got here this far because I did it all myself. I'm a lot more happier, healthier and wealthier than many Christians,
Don't let them hear you say that hehe. Questions may involve "Are you really happy?" or "Money does not equal happiness".

Hope

Princesinha
NetDoc said:
You obviously have no room or need for God. Go in peace.
I second that.....;)

I actually feel a little sorry for those who have so-called 'perfect' lives. Trials and disappointments and hardships are what build character and help one understand where true happiness and contentment come from...... ( and it certainly ain't from material possessions....)

But my best wishes to you....:162:

Melody

tr3 said:
I would like to share my GODLESS life story with you folks here, so here I go...

God didn't give me happiness, great health and wealth. I did it all myself at 27 years old. I don't believe in god, all because I'm a LEADER and I hate following others (like God's teachings). I'm NOT A FOLLOWER and that is the key. I believe I got here this far because I did it all myself. I'm a lot more happier, healthier and wealthier than many Christians, and that makes no sense. I'm 27 years old with a computer science degree. I own 3 independent online businesses, yet I only have to work about 5 hours a day less. I pay enough income taxes to buy a brand new BMW every year. I'm now engaged with a gorgeous, lovely & smart 27 year old woman with a PHD in children psychology who is also an atheist. I'm extremely healthy in all respects physically and mentally. I'm a law abiding, voting and taxpaying US citizen who used to serve in the Army for 6 years. I own my own home and cars. I paid off my parents' house mortgage and they are very very proud of me. I'm a volunteer at the Humane Society all for the joy of caring for homeless pets. My life is simply PERFECT. If I FOLLOWED GOD, I probably would have been just another Joe working for somebody, following someone's orders and teachings, and I wouldn't have gotten this far this early. I want opinions from Christians and whoever on why my life is so WONDERFUL without GOD?
Well, there is a school of thought that says Satan loves a happy camper because most people only look to God when they're in trouble and need Him. :)

SoulTYPE

Melody said:
Well, there is a school of thought that says Satan loves a happy camper because most people only look to God when they're in trouble and need Him. :)
I was like that. I just gave up cos He wasn't helping.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
An interesting post.

I would dare say that many who believe in a god, goddess or dieties do not consider themselves followers, either. And many of them are not. If the religious path I was on required that I follow blindly- well, I would switch paths.

Although my life is generally happy, I am not wealthy or successful, at least in the monetary terms. I try to consider my friends my greatest asset, and am working toward being able to be able to eventually start my own massage therapy practice. I also volunteer several hours a week.

I believe in several gods and goddesses, yet I see no reason why that should or should not have any effect on my worldly success. I have learned to thrive during poverty, and I appreciate that I would not have that knowledge if I had not struggled through it. If I am ever rich, I am sure I will lessons from that, too.

If you are happy without a diety, why am I to say you would be any happier with one? I am no judge, as I'm sure you would not infer I would be happier without those that I worship. My blessings to you. Namaste.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Tr3, it's impossible for Life to be perfect, for life is a mere test for human beings. The perfect life is that of the hereafter, the perfect life is in Paradise.
You said you are happy, but I am sure you can't be happy 100%. Whatever success you attain you must feel from time to time that there is something missing in your life. You know what's missing? It's the spiritual side, the absence of God, the absence of your Creator from your life. To whom you can resort in time of hardships? to a human being? What can the human being, who is like you, do to you? You must resort to a Great Power, that Great Power is my and your and everybody's God, He is your Creator whom you deny His existance. He is the One who helped you, though you deny, to reach success you have attained so far. It is God who keeps you in good health. If He wants to do otherwise He could do it in less than a second.
Don't be too sure that what you have attained so far will last forever, it could last but by His own desire and command. It is God who has given you whatever you have, and He could take it whenever He wants.
The successful is the one who thanks God for what He has provided for Him.
God is your Creator and you must obey Him. If somebody creates a machine, so the creator of the machine who knows the way the machine operates, and what's good for it and what's bad for it. The same thing for us human beings, our Creator is God, the one and only God who knows what is best for us and what is bad for us and WE MUST obey Him in order to attain the true and perfect happiness in this life and the hereafter!
Life is truly meaningless without the presence of the Almighty and Merciful God. We all belong to God and to Him we shall return.

Peace

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
God is your Creator and you must obey Him.
God has given us an incredible choice! We can accept him or reject him. He does not demand blind obedience from anyone. He would rather us choose life over death, but leaves the decision totally in our hands.

Ronald

Melody said:
There is no thirst like the thirst, when the well goes dry! There is no need until we have need.

Welcome, tr3, here are more accolades on your accomplishments. May you continue to be happy, healthy, wealthy and wise. Baruch Hashem.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
First, congratulations on your successes. Following Christ means that I do not 'covet' what you have achieved, nor do I wish you ill-will on you in any way. Also, thank you for serving our country in the Army.
tr3 said:
If I FOLLOWED GOD, I probably would have been just another Joe working for somebody, following someone's orders and teachings, and I wouldn't have gotten this far this early.
There are plenty of people who believe in God who are self-employed and just as successful as you are. Think for a second who gives all that money to the churches.:D

I'm curious...why do you think following God would have kept you from being successful? If all your success if attributtal to your habits, wouldn't those habits have been the same whether or not you believed in God? To answer your question, 'why my life is so WONDERFUL without GOD?', it sounds like you are doing something you enjoy and not harming other people to achieve your success. Maybe one day you will come to God, maybe you won't. Isn't it nice to know the door is always open?

Linus

tr3 said:
I want opinions from Christians and whoever on why my life is so WONDERFUL without GOD?
Jesus says in the book of Matthew chapter 5 - 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Im not saying that you are persecuting me (or any christian for that matter), but the point still stands. Good things happen to both the godly and the ungodly. Bad things do too. Just because you know God doesn't mean that your life will be perfect. The book of Job demonstrates this perfectly. Proverbs and other books of the Bible that contain sayings about the success of godly people are indeed general statements that have numerous excpetions. If you are genuinley interested in this subject (rather than posting this just to try and shake our faith or something) then I suggest you read the books of Job and Ecclesiastes. They deal heavily with this subject.

Paraprakrti

Custom User
tr3 said:

A Christian would bring up the Biblical verse where it asks, "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his eternal soul?"

Well, I would also have to agree with the Christians on this. Furthermore, I would tell you that for God to take your success away would be a great blessing to you. It would provide you with just enough to sustain yet not too much to be under the spell of Maya (the illusion of material form as well as having the sense of proprietorship and desire for sense enjoyment from these things.)