• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims do not worship the same god as the Christians

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
As an aside you shouldn't add PBUH after the word Allah. PBUH means "peace be upon him" and is usually added after mentioning the names of God's messengers (and can also be used after saints).
Why is PBUH added after the names of God's messengers?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
does that include the God of thunder who carries the hammer Mjollnir ? arnt our concepts guided by revelation?
Our concepts may be guided by God's revelation(s) or our insights, intuitions or simply artistic creativity.

Justin Thyme

Child of God
Whoa, back the truck up! Why are we commanded to have no other gods if there where no other god's?

This was a time of conversion from polytheism to monotheism, from many local gods to one universal God. In these commandments God was acknowledging the reality that man had made other gods to worship in their search for Him.

kai

ragamuffin
This was a time of conversion from polytheism to monotheism, from many local gods to one universal God. In these commandments
God was acknowledging the reality that man had made other gods to worship in their search for Him.

So in their search for him they conceived gods that were different than "him" so different that it wasn't him, they didn't actually exist they were all in their mind. thats exactly my question,

How different do they have to be before he makes an edict not to do it?

Christian denominations that venerate Jesus as God the Son incarnated is totally incompatible with God the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone.

Last edited:

Justin Thyme

Child of God
So in their search for him they conceived gods that were different than "him" so different that it wasn't him, they didn't actually exist they were all in their mind. thats exactly my question,

How different do they have to be before he makes an edict not to do it?

You would have to ask Him. I'm just looking at it from the way God evolves throughout the Old Testament and how the Jewish beliefs matured from a polytheistic society to a monotheistic society.

Christian denominations that venerate Jesus as God the Son incarnated is totally incompatible with God the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone.

I've heard some very convincing explanations as to how there is no inconsistencies in the belief of the Trinity and a belief in one universal God. Personally the theology of the Trinity isn't a make or break deal in my personal belief system. The idea of one god in three personas shows up in both Celtic and Germanic religions. I've long since given up believing the concept of the Trinity to be anything worth arguing over. Everyone is going to wrap their brain around it in their own personal way or just reject it.

Justin Thyme

Child of God
How does G-d evolve in the OT exactly?

I said that wrong. God didn't evolve but the Hebrew's understanding of God evolved. Compare the way God is portrayed in the first four chapters of the OT, the way He is portrayed in books of Kings and the Chronicles and then the way he is portrayed in the prophets, especially the minor prophets.

mailcooker

I'm a muslim. Is it really one God in both religions? I heard that Christian believe that God father,jesus and mary are one. Or god father, the jesus christ and holly ghost are one. Can you describe God in a simpler form? In islam Allah is only One. but He has many names. We can directly ask Him for forgiveness because He can hear every creatures though we cannot see Him.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I'm a muslim. Is it really one God in both religions? I heard that Christian believe that God father,jesus and mary are one. Or god father, the jesus christ and holly ghost are one. Can you describe God in a simpler form? In islam Allah is only One. but He has many names. We can directly ask Him for forgiveness because He can hear every creatures though we cannot see Him.

Not all Christians believe in the trinity, as it was an idea invented a while after Jesus had died. Also, it is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I have not heard Mary being a part of it, but if it is, that must be a Catholic thing, and I was not raised Catholic.

Anyway, its a fact that they are the same God, there is a reason why they are called "Abrahamic" religions; they all worship the god of Abraham. They all just happen to have a different take on Him.

Also, though im way late to answer the OP, the idea that we need an intercessor in Christianity does not apply to all branches. I was raised Christian and was never taught that I needed an intermediary to talk to God, that was the Jewish idea that the priests were the only ones who could talk to God. Jesus taught that we could all pray to God, because the Kingdom of God is within us all, God is a part of us.

Bob Dixon

>implying
Not all Christians believe in the trinity, as it was an idea invented a while after Jesus had died. Also, it is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I have not heard Mary being a part of it, but if it is, that must be a Catholic thing, and I was not raised Catholic.

Definitely not.

Why does everyone think that Roman Catholicism is some sort of pagan Mary-worshipping cult? It isn't!

Protester

Almost all Christians believe in the Trinity.

Originally Posted by mailcooker

The Trinity and complexity. Many Muslims complain that the Christian concept of the Trinity is too complex. They forget, however, that truth is not always simple. As C. S. Lewis aptly puts it, "If Christianity was something we were making up, of course we could make it easier. But it is not. We cannot compete, in simplicity, with people who are inventing religions. How could we? We are dealing with fact. Of course anyone can be simple if he has no facts to bother about" (Lewis, 145).
---Norman Geisler from, Ankerberg Theological Research Institute - The John Ankerberg Show

The above rather short article, though not so short if you read all five of the articles on trinity :eek:may help you understand the Christian concept of Trinity. To make those files either to find:

The Trinity part 1 of 5
The Trinity part 2 of 5
The Trinity part 3 of 5
The Trinity part 4 of 5
and
The Trinity part 5 of 5

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Definitely not.

Why does everyone think that Roman Catholicism is some sort of pagan Mary-worshipping cult? It isn't!

Be cause catholics have huge pagan influences and traits choirs of angels and an army of saints demi gods in their own right. Etc

kaknelson

Also to add Muslims and Jews believe in one God, obviously considering Jesus to be God like the Christians do is not very monothiesitic in my humble opinion.