• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

cardero

Citizen Mod
Baise Moi
DVD/ Color/ 77 Mins./ UR/ 2000
Manu, a hardened young waif is violently raped by a group of savage young thugs. Nadine, a tough-skinned prostitute, sells her body but refuses to give up her soul to the world's oldest profession. Angry at the world, they embark on a twisted rage-filled road trip.

Soundtrack was interesting as well.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
This past weekend, I saw 30 Days of Night. It's a pretty decent survival horror flick.

The weekend before that, I saw the Heartbreak Kid. I didn't like it.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
The Host - an awesome South Korean monster/comedy/political thriller movie.

Dan In Real Life - the latest Steve Carrell vehicle is terribly scripted and plotted but contains a lot of wasted acting talent. Too bad.

cardero

Citizen Mod
doppelgänger;979416 said:
The Host - an awesome South Korean monster/comedy/political thriller movie.
mrscardero was searching Netflix for foreign films from her Phillippine homeland and I manage to do a more extensive search after her and this title came up. Would this be a good recommendation Doppelganger?

doppelganger

mrscardero was searching Netflix for foreign films from her Phillippine homeland and I manage to do a more extensive search after her and this title came up. Would this be a good recommendation Doppelganger?

Definitely. BTW, I got my special edition Brazil. :D It is well worth adding to any collection.

cardero

Citizen Mod
28 Days Later
DVD/ Color/ 113 Mins./ R/ 2002
A killer virus (it turns those it infects into homicidal maniacs) is accidentally released from a British research facility. Carried by animals and humans, the virus is impossible to contain and spreads across the entire planet. Twenty-eight days later, a small group of London survivors are caught in a desperate struggle to protect themselves from the infected.

Saw it before but as I watch it again, I realize that it doesn’t warrant a sequel.

For tomorrow…

28 Weeks Later
DVD/ Color/ 113 Mins./ R/ 2007
In this chilling drama starring Robert Carlyle, the inhabitants of the British Isles appear to have lost their battle against the onslaught of disease, as the deadly rage virus has killed every citizen there. Six months later, a group of Americans dare to set foot on the isles, convinced the danger has come and gone. But it soon becomes clear that the fight is far from over and the scourge continues to live, waiting to pounce on its next victims.

For Sunday evening….

30 Days Of Night

For Monday

Around The World In 80 Days

Yerda

Veteran Member
I saw Run Fatboy Run a couple of weeks back. It was pretty dreadful.

Black Sheep was entertaining though.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Death Proof
DVD/ Color/ 113 Mins./ UR/ 2007
Popular cult filmmaker Quentin Tarantino wrote and directed this high-octane thriller that stars Kurt Russell as a serial murderer who uses his revved-up car as a killing machine. After transforming his Dodge Charger into an indestructible weapon, Stuntman Mike climbs behind the wheel to terrorize a group of women on the road. Rose McGowan, Rosario Dawson, Jordan Ladd and Vanessa Ferlito also star in the ultimate road rage film.

This was a tough film to get through. A lot of banal dialogue kept my mind constantly wandering. A little exposition on Kurt Russel’s character would have helped (I was practically on the floor begging for flashbacks). Contrived plot points took me out of moment and disjointed storylines (it is actually 2 different movies) makes me believe that Tarantino didn’t know which way to go with it (is it a horror film or a nod to Russ Meyer's films?). Nice touches simulating old grainy film stock and I had to laugh everytime the film jumped even though both of these characteristics are difficult to recreate. The movie also had a great soundtrack.

Here’s thinking that Rodriguez’s “Planet Terror” fare’s better than this.

cardero

Citizen Mod
EXODUS; TALES OF THE ENCHANTED KINGDOM
DVD/ Color/ 106 Mins./ NR/ 2005
Mercenary Exodus (Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr.) leads a ragtag group of humans in a fight against evil in this fantasy-thriller set in a war-ravaged world. When the underground city of Bantayan is threatened by nasty creatures, it's up to Exodus to lead his people to the Enchanted Kingdom on a quest to harness the powers of Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Spirit in order to defeat the enemy. Aubrey Miles, Iya Villania and Benjie Paras co-star.

Mrscardero is starting to pick the Netflix pix and she has a stream of Philppine movies coming in. This was the first of several and even thought it wasn’t too bad, mrscardero is just having to much fun listening to movies spoken in her native language.

PureX

Veteran Member
Wached "Rabbit Proof Fence" the other day. It's a good story, true story, and a good film.

Watched "Noted From The Underground", too. It's not very good. The book is fantastic (by Dostoyevsky), but the filmakers just weren't able to capture it.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Saw 30 Days of NIght last weekend. I thought it was a pretty descent surviaval horror flick (take some notes from this movie Paul W.S. Anderson).

Saw a advance screening of American Gangster. I'm not a fan of mob movies, but I thought this was good all around.

This weekend I also watched Saw 4. I only saw bits and pices of the first one and I've never watched the previous two. Not really scary at all, just a lot of gore. It was...ok. I probably wouldn't watch it again.

doppelganger

Bourne Ultimatum

One of the most boring movies, ever, plus the shaking cinematography I didn't like.

That drives me crazy. It's like someone filmed it with a camcorder strapped to a jackhammer. A little bit of it is okay (to mask Matt's inability to do a convincing fight scene). But two straight hours of it . . . :cover:

cardero

Citizen Mod
WHITE LADY
DVD/’ Color/ 105 Mins./ NR/ 2006
This Filipino thriller has a college girl, Pearl (Pauleen Luna), delving into the horrific history of her school when a female spirit clad all in white starts following her. Who is she, and why is she so tormented? Soon, the torturous events surrounding the incessant bullying of a young girl named Christina (Angelica Panganiban) begin to surface, and the details show Pearl may be implicated in the mystery far more than she'd care to be.