• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Vestigial Mote

When times come when atheists will be allowed to catch a Christian and inflict
the tremendous pain on him and crucify him, but he refuses to blaspheme Jesus
Christ (God of Christian), will it be proof for Jesus?
If I have any sway or say in the matter (if it ever came to this and I was a witness present) I sincerely hope and believe I'd do my best to stop anything like this. No one should have physical harm inflicted upon them based on any words they have to say - no matter how foolish another finds them. I don't want you to suffer physically... I want to you recognize that you have very little to share with anyone to convince them of your claims, and I want you to go look for better, and come back to [me] when you have found that which will do the convincing. And if you never find it, I'd find it encouraging if you were able to acknowledge what that could very possibly mean - even if you don't believe it to mean that definitively.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Spirit of something is not this particular something, but the notion, definition, idea what makes this something.
To speak in the Spirit of Love is to say ``I love you, my wife.'' And in spirit of satan: ``be damned forever, my wife''.
And in spirit of Atheism: ``we have no King, but Cesar!''.

Negates any sort of evidence to support your circular argument for the proof of self defined truth.

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God is not material thing, but Spirit, according to the Holy Bible. But what is spirit? Spirit of something is not this particular something, but the notion, definition, idea what makes this something.

This is an equivocation error. You are confusing two different words that are pronounced the same, but only one is capitalized.

It is your fantasy only. Prove it.

Don't you think that I've helped you enough already by alerting you to the fact that you're conflating two different words here? If you had any interest, you would have proved it to yourself already. I generally agree with the spoon feeding comment about five posts above this one, but I'm in a charitable mood, so say aaaah. Here it comes. Try this: OED. You've conflated 15 and 18 there.

If you have any problems there, bring them back here and I'll be glad to help you sort it out.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Wikipedia 2022 AD says: "Holy Spirit, a divine force, manifestation of God in the Holy Trinity, or agent of divine action, according to Abrahamic Religions". It does not contradict my thought, that it is Love itself.

Wikipedia is the worst source to cite for 'objective unbiased evidence' for religious beliefs which there is none. The source simply describes a subjective religious belief. There is no evidence here for your argument, just a statement of subjective belief,

questfortruth

Try this: OED. You've conflated 15 and 18 there.

If you have any problems there, bring them back here and I'll be glad to help you sort it out.

Let me bring forth the definition of the word Spirit. Please open Oxford English Dictionary [www.oed.com]
The line nr. 15 says ``it is God'', the line nr. 18 states, ``it is an essential character''.
I see no conflict in these two lines: God is an essential character. All essentiality
that comes from God is the essence of God. The notion of Love originates from God; hence God is Love, and the Spirit (essence) of Love is God himself.

What is harder to do? Save satan from hellish
torment, or prove to the modern atheist that God exists? To prove with
words only, not ``to show God.''

Why are you attacking people just because they sre atheists?

i am sorry, but I am not a Putin or something evil here.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Try this: OED. You've conflated 15 and 18 there.

Let me bring forth the definition of the word Spirit. Please open Oxford English Dictionary [www.oed.com]
The line nr. 15 says ``it is God'', the line nr. 18 states, ``it is an essential character''.

Good. You did it. Now you've proved for yourself that these are different words. (The Holy) Spirit and the spirit (of the times) are different words written differently and with distinctly different meanings. Equivocation fallacies occur when two such words are used interchangeably, such as, "banks are a good place to keep money, rivers have banks, therefore ..."

I can no longer say that not one theist has ever asked me for information and then looked at it and (I hope) learned. Now I can say that it happened once. Kudos to you for that.