• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mosquitoes Love Me

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you considered changing places with your partner and sleeping on his side of the bed? Maybe that will confuse the little buggers and they'll go after him instead of you.

I like where your head is at, but I was informed by him from night #1 sleeping in the same bed together that our sides of the bed are non-negotiable. :shrug:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Over the past few months, I have been getting routinely bitten by mosquitoes at night. My partner never gets bitten at all, they only go for me for some reason. I just got bitten again three times last night. It's gotten to the point where I have literally bought a big citronella candle and I light it and put it in our bedroom burning for most of the night (I don't do this all the time because it seems like such ridiculous overkill). I have also tried applying tea tree oil to myself before bed; I'm not sure if that's been effective or not.

Any helpful tips on how not to be mosquito food?

Most likely cause: your body Ph is acidic rather than slightly alkaline. Something that can be validated with a blood or urine test. This causes you to produce more lactic acid in your body and summons the little buggers to you. Luckily, the problem is easy to fix with minor dietary changes (need to eat more green things, fruits, etc) or simply slamming a small glass of water with a small amount of baking soda (just a teaspoon) one a day until it's corrected.

Certain health conditions also increase the likelihood: diabetes, kidney dysfunction, etc...It can be related. You still might get bit once in awhile, but you shouldn't feel like you're getting mauled, lol.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Get a peppermint plant, crush the fresh leaves, and rub them onto your skin.

Also, during the day, wear light-colored clothing.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I've heard that taking Vitamin B-1 can help. (I don't know if it works.)