• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mor tolerance on RF

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The tension appears to be representative of tension in other places. I think the most you can expect is to diffuse rumors.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
So... no desire to understand or respect others' religions?

I don't know about that with respect to other's religions but I think he meant
no compromise regards HIS religion.
Correct me if wrong please.
If that is what he meant then I understand that.
I'd not compromise my religion, the values of it, unless I were shown
(taught) that something(s) were wrong or I was misinformed somehow.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Guys i cant and wont compromise in matters of religion.
I dont want to become apostate, losing the here after.

If u want a huggable muslim/hippiemuslim/yes-man then u are talking to wrong person.

But other than that, we can work against extremism(christian terrorism, muslim terrorism, and all forms of terrorism).

Thats my point.

So, your expectation is that others should feel duty-bound to pay the price for your beliefs, basically because they are broken to the point that you need to be rescued by everyone else.

I hope that you at least show some gratitude when that happens.

Personaly i believe the western occupation of muslim lands is extension of crusade(in this case Neo-Crusade).

"Muslim lands"? "Western occupation"?

Oh, I think I understand it now. Islaam is not supposed to help in solving real life problems (which is yet another indication that it is not really a religion, despite its own claims). Instead, it expects other people to feel indebted to it, perhaps for no reason at all, and to protect its pride.

Were Islaam to behave as a true religion is supposed to, it would instead actually seek solutions instead of seeking self-centered privilege.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
No, they're corrupt.
Largely because westerners have overthrown the honest governments and propped up governments like Saddam Hussein, the Taliban, and the Saudis.
Tom

That's bull on so many levels. Which of the previous governments in the Middle East were "honest"?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know about that with respect to other's religions but I think he meant
no compromise regards HIS religion.
Correct me if wrong please.
If that is what he meant then I understand that.
I'd not compromise my religion, the values of it, unless I were shown
(taught) that something(s) were wrong or I was misinformed somehow.

If that's what he meant, then I agree. It goes without saying for any religion. Or it should.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
So many conversations here, but I would like to clear up a bit about the crusades from 1000 years ago: The Crusades were a tiny, tiny counter offensive that came after hundreds of years of Islamic conquest. The Crusaders regained a tiny fraction of the land that Muslim invaders took, they were not the horrible, Christian-initiated wars they are typically painted to be.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram and happy new year to all

There is some uneasy tensions between muslims and non-muslims on RF.
We need to chill out and let not escalate things.

I dont see what is wrong in a plea for tollerance our beleifs may differ but that shouldnt prevent us from treating eachother as human beings .

it is sad to see so many here aiming criticism at muslims on line as if all muslims are responcible for terorist actions

if we continue to behave like this wont it just sreve to isolate and potentialy radicalise more muslims ???

perhaps we could make 2017 a year of compassion and respect , ..may I quote some famous words , ....''let us be the change we want to see''

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Expecting tolerance or love or acceptance from others without acknowledging that you should be following your own words of wisdom is just a double standard. Not sure if that's what's going on here, because of ESL barriers its hard to tell.

jeager106

Premium Member
R E S P E C T

Respect for one another's religions and views.
NON-VIOLENT behavior is paramount in this ol' guy's opinion.
Frankly I love learning about Islam as well as other religions.
I HATE, with a passion, violence in the name of a "god or gods".
Didn't we learn anything from the ancient Crusades?
Haven't we learned from recent decades of bombings, burning's
and murders in the name of some "God" or religious views?
Haven't we learned from Ireland where Catholics and Protestants
murdered one another?
Why can't we embrace, respect each others religions without
violence.
Check this foolishness out:
What The Westboro Baptist Church Did To Pokemon Will Make You Cringe [Opinion]

Pokeman? Really? That is preaching love and tolerance?

upload_2017-1-1_19-32-3.png

That is almost embarrassing to this Christian.
No IT IS embarrassing to this Christian.
Please read the article on poor li'l Pokeman.
Sometimes I wish there were NO religion anywhere.

jeager106

Premium Member
Expecting tolerance or love or acceptance from others without acknowledging that you should be following your own words of wisdom is just a double standard. Not sure if that's what's going on here, because of ESL barriers its hard to tell.

I can try. Recognize that I am a mere mortal and prone to fail.
Keeping an open mind is paramount to me but like all of us I can
fall short of my own goals.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That's bull on so many levels. Which of the previous governments in the Middle East were "honest"?
Back in the 50s Iran had a government that was elected. It didn't suit the Yanks or the Brits so they overthrew it and installed a puppet Shah Pahlavi.
As soon as Saddam Hussein executed his way to power we started supporting him. We armed and financed him while he killed gazillions of Iranians and Iraqis.

The Saudi monarchy would be long gone if the USA had decided to "democratize" the kingdom the way we did Iraq.

Israel wouldn't still be there if we imposed the same sanctions on them for starting a nuclear deterrent (like Iran wants).

Really, the list of USA meddling, in a violent way, in the Muslim world is very long.
Tom

icehorse

Premium Member
it is sad to see so many here aiming criticism at muslims on line as if all muslims are responcible for terorist actions

I can speak only for myself, but I'm concerned mostly about universal human rights, not terrorism.

Last edited:

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7
It'll be nice if one day the moderate muslims got up and protest outrage over islamic terrorism as passionately as they did over cartoons.

Personally, I don't think moderate muslims care all that much about the mass murders. If they did they'd be at the forefront with non-muslims to call it out and help to shut it down.

jeager106

Premium Member
The U.S. has a terrible track record of meddling called
"looking out for U.S. interests."
I think that is a blanket statement for meddling where we shouldn't be.
We are not and should not be the world's police force.
We can be ASKED to HELP if help is really what it is.
I do think we, as a powerful and wealthy nation, should step in
and stop atrocities like genocide.
But haven't we as a powerful nation ignored such when there was
nothing in interfering for us?
Isn't that what the useless U.N is for?

jeager106

Premium Member
It'll be nice if one day the moderate muslims got up and protest outrage over islamic terrorism as passionately as they did over cartoons.

Personally, I don't think moderate muslims care all that much about the mass murders. If they did they'd be at the forefront with non-muslims to call it out and help to shut it down.

They do but such doesn't get much press. Not near what it should.
The "protests" against violence is pretty mild to downright weak.
Muslims in Europe rally against extremist violence

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram ji

I can speak only for myself, but I'm concerned mostly about universal human rights, not terrorism.

Certainly , .....but in this instance also surely more can be accheived by non agressive reasoning ?
what will be accheived by taking an agressive stance with all muslims because we do not like the behavior of some ?

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram ji

please what are ESL barriers ? ....English as a second language ? .....yes agreed this can sometimes create problems , surely this must make tollerance all the more nececary .

there is also the issue of different cultural conditionings and behaviors , it is a sad habit of the west to behave in a superior manner beliving themselves to be eternaly right and imposing their values upon others . so basicaly shouldnt we put our own house in order before we criticise others ?

I can only assume that when a person asks for tollerance it is because he has witnessed intollerance , ...asking for tollerance can allso be the white flag which is saying please lets start afresh ...you be tollerant of me and I will also be tollerant of you , ...after all are we not all in the same boat , are we not all trying to practice the widom revealed through our own scriptures ?

having an attitude of tollerance makes it easier to actualy hear what another is saying and to lern about the goodness in other religions rather than addopting the attitude of fear and assuming as we frequently do that all muslims are wife beaters or terrorists....it makes me cringe every time I hear a westerner go into one about human rights and terrorism when we are also so guilty of abuse within our own societies and globaly , ...

Well all I can say is heres to a better less fearfull year , .....

jeager106

Premium Member
namaskaram ji

Certainly , .....but in this instance also surely more can be accheived by non agressive reasoning ?
what will be accheived by taking an agressive stance with all muslims because we do not like the behavior of some ?

I am NOT in favor or discriminating against any group for the actions
of some.

icehorse

Premium Member
namaskaram ji

Your perspective has a lot of merit, but let me ask you, how much intolerance is wise to tolerate? At what point does tolerating intolerance force you to abandon your own values?