• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mor tolerance on RF

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There is some uneasy tensions between muslims and non-muslims on RF.
We need to chill out and let not escalate things.
It's religion. There's always going to be some kind of disagreement and dissention with opposing views and perspectives.

Terrorism and human rights issues hasn't helped smooth the view that Muslims are peaceful and tolarent towards others not having those same qualities and perspectives. Need to talk more with brothers and sisters.

One thing though. Having a good cup of coffee or tea among conversation is good for mellowing out. ....

It's really sad and troubling, but also was expected. I was born with the Bible, and at some point ridiculed it and every religion. But now I see us Christians and Muslims are best buds, except the ones that werent supposed to get it yet. I dont comprehend how some over here in america dont notice the Hanging Gardens, still there for evidence, or the amazing plumbing and ventilation systrms. Enormous works. Then understand the natives here in the americas, and the various religions.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
No compromise in matters of religion

There's a problem that has led to many large wars starting with the
Crusades. Or culminating in the Crusades.
We Are Right = W.A.R. = WAR.
I can have my religion or lack of religion and so can you.
We need not murder one another because of the differences.
It is unthinkable to me that people would actually KILL another
because of religious differences.
What "God" would promote or approve of such?
Yet some religions follow bibles with over 100 verses on KILLING
the "non-believer".
Incredible.
Perhaps mankind just isn't ready for "religion" or some "god".
Man hasn't matured enough yet to tolerate religious differences.

Jihad Report
Dec 24, 2016 -
Dec 30, 2016

Attacks41
Killed185
Injured234
Suicide Blasts7
Countries18

In the last 30 days.
See below.

This is part of the list of Islamic terror attacks maintained by TheReligionofPeace.com.

During this time period, there were 157 Islamic attacks in 25 countries, in which 1202 people were killed and 1509 injured.
All other religions COMBINED.
ZERO.

In the name of "God"?
Really?
Explanation or rebuttal most welcome.

From what study of various religions I've done as a hobby ONLY
Islam kills innocents and kills a lot of them.
From what I've read of Islam the religion does not promote violence
on such a world wide scale.
Please spare me the statistic on the now ancient Crusades which was
a religious war inspired by Christians.
Christians no longer do such acts of violence on a world wide scale.
This does NOT mean Christianity is better or worse than Islam.
Christianity has an UGLY, MURDEROUS past.
We can only hope and pray Christianity had matured past acts of violence.
But then in Ireland Catholics and Protestants murdered on another with
reckless abandon.
Methinks that has largely stopped now.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Will there be any discussion of compromising on the ideas that Muhammad was perfect or that the Quran is perfect? If those ideas are not up for discussion, tension is bound to happen.

Especially if these religious beliefs are exclusionary in nature. If your beliefs are absolutely correct and everyone else's are absolutely incorrect, what do you expect?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I'm a fan of human rights. I will not "chill out" with people who aren't, regardless of their choice of religion.

I'm a fan of reality. I'm not going to compromise against those who wouldn't know reality if it bit them.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Then you are asking for unwarranted concessions and offering nothing in return.

Why would anyone ever oblige?
I am going to have to say something here...

First, non-religious and secular people have a tendency to say, "Why won't you compromise on religion? Why can't gay people marry? it's 2017 already."

But when we do make those concessions, they say,

"Oh, so you only cherry pick the parts of your religion that you like? You're a hypocrite. You're not doing what your book/prophet/whatever tells you to do."

So we can't win.

Last edited:

Laika

Premium Member
There is some uneasy tensions between muslims and non-muslims on RF.
We need to chill out and let not escalate things.

It will escalate when Trump gets into the White House and starts rolling out the Muslim registry and Mosque Surveillence. people will be emboldened to criticise and abuse Muslims as it acts as a social proof of "everyone's doing it". It doesn't matter if it's rational or if it's true- it will just become acceptable as its reached "a tipping point". It will be on the news non-stop and everyone will talk about it. Not joining in will be treated as a sign of weakness or disloyalty. It's not fair but If Plan A is asking people to "play nice" You're going to need a plan B.

There's a problem that has led to many large wars starting with the
Crusades. Or culminating in the Crusades.
We Are Right = W.A.R. = WAR.
I can have my religion or lack of religion and so can you.
We need not murder one another because of the differences.
It is unthinkable to me that people would actually KILL another
because of religious differences.
What "God" would promote or approve of such?
Yet some religions follow bibles with over 100 verses on KILLING
the "non-believer".
Incredible.
Perhaps mankind just isn't ready for "religion" or some "god".
Man hasn't matured enough yet to tolerate religious differences.

Jihad Report
Dec 24, 2016 -
Dec 30, 2016

Attacks41
Killed185
Injured234
Suicide Blasts7
Countries18

In the last 30 days.
See below.

This is part of the list of Islamic terror attacks maintained by TheReligionofPeace.com.

During this time period, there were 157 Islamic attacks in 25 countries, in which 1202 people were killed and 1509 injured.
All other religions COMBINED.
ZERO.

In the name of "God"?
Really?
Explanation or rebuttal most welcome.

From what study of various religions I've done as a hobby ONLY
Islam kills innocents and kills a lot of them.
From what I've read of Islam the religion does not promote violence
on such a world wide scale.
Please spare me the statistic on the now ancient Crusades which was
a religious war inspired by Christians.
Christians no longer do such acts of violence on a world wide scale.
This does NOT mean Christianity is better or worse than Islam.
Christianity has an UGLY, MURDEROUS past.
We can only hope and pray Christianity had matured past acts of violence.
But then in Ireland Catholics and Protestants murdered on another with
reckless abandon.
Methinks that has largely stopped now.

Islam is being oppressed and ridiculed in the worst ways, constantly for generations. Instead of pointing most of the blame to the direct accuserd. But yet the beast and dragon get ignored for now? The big arm of the lord is with Islam. The good path they leave will be accepted one day, and the wrongdoings wil be tested and purified and bad wont stick to them. Bad will be the heat and the condition of the Earth. The Sun changes cycle and gets hotter and burns out.. And thr earth stops bearing fruit. However many billions of years these things take, they happen, but life can move on if equipped, and God wills.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No compromise in matters of religion
Let me try to explain something.
I fully expect you to criticize nontheists, westerners, Christians, homosexuals, whatever. I don't have a problem with that, I do it myself. But I, personally, was more annoyed by you describing Shia as polytheists than any of that. Because I know how offensive it is to Muslims.
Does that make sense to you?
Tom

It will escalate when Trump gets into the White House and starts rolling out the Muslim registry and Mosque Surveillence. people will be emboldened to criticise and abuse Muslims as it acts as a social proof of "everyone's doing it". It doesn't matter if it's rational or if it's true- it will just become acceptable as its reached "a tipping point". It will be on the news non-stop and everyone will talk about it. Not joining in will be treated as a sign of weakness or disloyalty. It's not fair but If Plan A is asking people to "play nice" You're going to need a plan B.

That will be Trumps biggest area of error I think. He's often fairly acurate about the problems growing in Asia, but he wont be able to do what he plans without India amd Muslims help. The US is completely unguarded and open to attack by anything that sees the system, and has stronger math and planning skills Historically, and scientifically people with indian, asian descent have better math and a few other skills better. Christians and muslims are one small time apart from each other, close and forgable. China produces all the crap for cheap price and poor quality to poison us and break us down. and the millions of uncared for and neglected in their own country. Albeit some US elect in the 60's started noticing the opportunity to exploit. It's chinese fault for letting their people be slaves in factories, but there was an american agenda too. So we made a great seal for the american dollar and made it get very heavy, of gold and prescious jewels and metals first, thrn to paper, then to electronics with a valur decided by thr west. All of the gold and metals and stones will be the leaves to heal the nations and complete setup of thr new place.