• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mixed Marriages

Aquitaine

How many of you would be willing to be part of an interracial marriage? What about an interfaith marriage?

LOL, it shouldn't even be a question.

Neither are an issue to me. Just as long as the person's religious beliefs are moderate, I wouldn't marry a fanatic.

Alceste

Vagabond
If I'm a Russian-Irish-Scottish-English Canadian cowgirl and Wampus is a half-Irish-tinker, half-posh English philosopher do we count as being from different cultures? :p

I nearly married a Guatemalan Canadian once, but I felt too awkward being twice as tall as his entire extended family. (Well, there was also the cheating and lying, that annoyed me.)

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
All I can say is this:

GetAttachment.aspx

Here's the product of two generations of mixed marriages (African American, Heinz 57 white person, Czech and Jewish). This is one of my adorable grandchildren!

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Africans...:drool:
I love me some African. Best looking race!!! I also think that African babies are gorgeous. I want one.
I have absolutely no problem with marrying someone of a different race. In fact, most races are better looking than white folk imo.

I also have no problem with inter-faith marriage as long as the two people are able to respect eachother's beliefs.

The only time i see trouble is with strong and conflicting cultural differences. So I might be hot for an African, but he might be from a country that disrespects women (for example, definitely not trying to steriotype). I might like a particular tribal man, but he may be into canibalism :p

Otherwise, sure sure sure!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I guess back in the day, my grandbabies would have been called quadroons. Weird, huh?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I have been in an interracial marriage. It didn't work but not because of race. It was because she was too immature. I was going to get into an interfaith religion, but as I researched to find out more about her, I found out that her religion was the way for me. However, while we are both Wiccan we do worship different Gods and Goddesses. This is not a problem though as we still respect each others' Deities.

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
I think people should marry if they love and respect each other on all levels. What else is there to it?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I wouldn't marry a non-white person or a religious person.

That's mainly because I'm already married to a white, non-religious person, so I'm not allowed. :D

Dena

My husband is an atheist. I don't particularly like it but obviously it didn't bother me so much that I wouldn't marry him.

AlsoAnima

Friend
How many of you would be willing to be part of an interracial marriage? What about an interfaith marriage?

Race is a sociological construct. In actuality, what we call race is a small series of unrelated genes.

Faith is more important. But I'm willing to make a leap of faith as long as I'm not sickened by the other person's views. (My love is an Atheist at the time I write this.)

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Well....only if the faith's weren't TOO far apart... because I imagine that would be a lot of heartache in the making. But I might give it a go if I loved the person enough. It just depends.