• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MIGRANTS-The True Cost!

leov

So he was a fan of integration.

I suppose ideally one could move to any country and find the same security and economic opportunity.
It is happening, mass influx into Europe and North America, Australia. Even into Japan

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I am thinking about it: It has merit, if everyone becomes of the same mix? There be no racial tensions, or not? Is it another Utopia that being promoted or not?
Honestly, I have a hard time even attempting to decide if you are kidding.

It should be clear enough that such a scenario is just not going to happen.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It is happening, mass influx into Europe and North America, Australia. Even into Japan

Right, imagine the economic cost to those countries with huge numbers of their population leaving. :eek:

That's no way to achieve the envisioned future of economic equality.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Cost is not of any concern...

So you'd be happy to exploit other countries to gain economic equality in your own? :confused:

Or, maybe I'm not sure what you are driving at. Every action costs something. If you aren't concerned with cost, does that include the cost of inequality?

leov

So you'd be happy to exploit other countries to gain economic equality in your own? :confused:

Or, maybe I'm not sure what you are driving at. Every action costs something. If you aren't concerned with cost, does that include the cost of inequality?
Ii think, imo, and so on, money look better than toilet paper but less useful. They print money: US trillions upon trillions in debt...
Money is real only for those who work for a paycheck.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Ii think, imo, and so on, money look better than toilet paper but less useful. They print money: US trillions upon trillions in debt...
Money is real only for those who work for a paycheck.

Money is just a tool, a means to standardize cost. However cost is real. Whatever we choose to do it is going to cost someone something.

leov

Money is just a tool, a means to standardize cost. However cost is real. Whatever we choose to do it is going to cost someone something.
If it was real to elites who own this Earth materially it would have never happened this way but it all is on the taxpayer. Money to them is like energy, never disappear just change colors as they want.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I guess the question I would ask is "What would Jesus, Moses, Mohammed, the Buddha, Brahma, a secular humanist, etc. have us do? Just sit back and say "Aw, too bad for them"?
I can only answer for the secular humanists (and not even all of them), but my take is that while the world needs to look hard at the problems that cause so much upheaval, so many people fleeing for their very lives, or for a chance at a future, until solutions are found, turning people away does not feel like the right thing to do.

And I think that's a question each person who tries to answer this question needs to ask: when a person or family is suffering, or is almost certain to suffer if returned to place of origin, what is the right thing to do?

Milton Platt

At least 40 percent of all welfare recipients in German are foreigners, costing German taxpayers more than 4 billion euros every month to pay for the food, education, medicine, and shelter of 2.7 non-contributing foreigners living in the country, new official reports have revealed.According to new figures released by Germany’s Federal Employment Agency, three out of four working-age Syrians living in Germany are supported entirely or partially by the country’s welfare system, Hartz IV, Die Welt reports.
WOW! Money that could be used to help poor Germans who have to deal with expensive public transportation, rent and food. Germany is not alone. France is also paying an enormous amount to migrants, refugees and any one else who claims be a stricken person. I surmise that billions are being paid by the US government to any person crossing the river. The free world simply cannot absorb the cost and reasonable efforts must be made to halt this unmitigated migration!

Not familiar with Germany's immigration and welfare policies, sorry. Why are the immigrants on welfare?