• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Malkin: Progressives and Hate Speech

Alceste

Vagabond
That's what I was thinking to...

I can't decide what is dumber, the blog or this thread.

The blog is definitely far dumber. We come and go. Sometimes we talk about other stuff. In fact, my attention span with respect to this thread is already starting to wander. Malkin, on the other hand, cranks out the same weary, boring tune on the same tarnished, battered trumpet paragraph after paragraph, day after day, year after year, with no end in sight.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The blog is definitely far dumber. We come and go. Sometimes we talk about other stuff. In fact, my attention span with respect to this thread is already starting to wander. Malkin, on the other hand, cranks out the same weary, boring tune on the same tarnished, battered trumpet paragraph after paragraph, day after day, year after year, with no end in sight.

My attention span is beginning to wander too. I'm probably going to drop this thread.

By the way, Malkin now lives in the same town as me. I doubt I ever run across her, though.

Alceste

Vagabond
My attention span is beginning to wander too. I'm probably going to drop this thread.

By the way, Malkin now lives in the same town as me. I doubt I ever run across her, though.

Then there's some good news to temper the bad news. :)

dust1n

Zindīq
Malkin, on the other hand, cranks out the same weary, boring tune on the same tarnished, battered trumpet paragraph after paragraph, day after day, year after year, with no end in sight.

This thread has similar potential.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Pathetic? I think it's pathetic no conservatives can cope with the fact it is conservatives, and not liberals, who are showing up at political rallies armed to the teeth with pistols and assault riffles.

What is the thing Liberals have done that is morally equivalent to the guy who set out with his guns to murder people at the Tide Foundation after listening to Glenn Beck? Please tell me. You who have such a fine moral sense that you think the two sides are equivalent.

Sunstone, as much as I enjoy a good discussion or debate, I decided several threads ago that as long as you insist on filling your posts with personal insults rather than sticking to the topic at hand, I won't debate or discuss topics with you.

Pity, really. You bring up some good points that I would normally enjoy discussing, but you simply cannot seem to keep from making snide, sarcastic, and intentionally personally insulting comments.

Not my style. Of course, carry on if that's how you like it. Just don't expect me to play along with you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Certain topics cannot be reasonably discussed with certain posters. You know who you are. There's only one person here who would have anything interesting to say about henching or superscience.

Kathryn

Certain topics cannot be reasonably discussed with certain posters. You know who you are. There's only one person here who would have anything interesting to say about henching or superscience.

"Boy, I don't understand a word you just said." - Chicken farmer, Napoleon Dynamite, when Napoleon asked him if the birds had large talons

gnomon

I've found that in certain topics many people refuse to actually researching any facts about. Namely, in the wake of all this supposed discourse regarding violent rhetoric creating physical violence many people shrug their shoulders, assume the worst and use it to play the political partisan game.

Oh yeah, and statements like conservatives do this and liberals do that without qualification are logical fallacies. People don't seem to care about that as well.

It's as if someone merely stated to people something like MMR vaccines cause autism and every ran wild with it. But in this debate, as opposed to that of vaccines/autism, the danger isn't in unvaccinated children dying but in people increasing the chance that they look stupid.

Perhaps we should call up Tipper Gore and the PMRC to start a political rhetoric is causing the moral decay of society campaign. Because they were so spot on about the dangers of rock n' roll. While we're at it let's go after music again. And role playing games. And violent video games. And satanic cults.

Nothing like some good ol', irrational, unfounded mass hysteria to distract the public. And isn't it great the WBC got in the action last week as well. Nothing like a bunch of inconsequential fools to get the people solidified into wanting to create unnecessary laws for a feel good reason. But their plan worked anyway and someone bribed them off with air time.

But this thread will not go anywhere. Might as well discuss cheese biscuits. Because once you start asking for proof let alone mere evidence, on any topic around here lately, you're not going to get it. So I say cheese biscuits are good.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The problem I have with this debate is, the Liberals are having a real problem separating the right from the mentally insane. It would seem they would love to lump us all together and promptly eliminate us. This would expedite their agenda and all would be right with the world.

What enhances the progressive movement is hanging out with people of like minds. It gives them a sense that they are in the majority.

When our conservative members speak their minds, it reminds them that there is more than one opinion on issues. I believe they resent us for grounding them to the reality that they hold the minority opinion.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Kathryn, perhaps you would do better to closely examine your behavior before saying others do something you do not claim to do yourself.

Oberon

The problem I have with this debate is

The problem I have is one of definitions. Terms like liberal, progressive, conservative, fascist, right & left (in terms of the political spectrum), etc., are notoriously difficult to define. As Revoltingest mentioned, historically liberal meant something much more like today's libertarian (see, e.g. Leftism: From de Sade and Marx to Hitler and Marcuse by Professor von Keuhnelt-Leddihn). Today, it is often used synonymously with progressive, leftist, or even democrat (the latter-most being the most incorrect and infrequent). Given the nebulous nature of these terms, it becomes all the easier to demonize one's opponents. For example, it is fairly common to place any oppressive regime on the right of the political spectrum. Properly speaking, though, many fascist regimes were born out of the foundation of much leftist thought (the french revolution), are (or were) collectivist systems, and are (or were) therefore more properly leftist institutions. Another common fallacy is to define various people who commit acts (usually violent) by who/what they are attacking, whether an institution, a person, a gathering, etc. A good example of this is recent attempts I have read by both the left and right to claim Jared Loughner as "a leftist" or "a conservative" given X or Y, rather than a more complete ideological system he adhered to.

Kathryn

Kathryn, perhaps you would do better to closely examine your behavior before saying others do something you do not claim to do yourself.

Sunstone, I don't resort to personal attacks in my discussions with people - on this forum or in real life.

I don't see the need for it in objective debate or discussions about topics that certainly can be kept out of the personal realm. I just wonder why, in even the most NON personal discussions, you inevitably (and also in quick order) make it a point to insult those who disagree with your point of view.

Why make it so personal, Sunstone? I just don't get it.

Kathryn

By the way, for the record, I don't much care for Michelle Malkin. She's unabashedly partisan (rather than objective), and along the lines of Ann Coulter and Keith Olbermann.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wow, Kathryn, you nailed Sunstone.....no, er.....you spanked Sunstone......uh......I'll just put myself on ignore.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sunstone, I don't resort to personal attacks in my discussions with people - on this forum or in real life.

I don't see the need for it in objective debate or discussions about topics that certainly can be kept out of the personal realm. I just wonder why, in even the most NON personal discussions, you inevitably (and also in quick order) make it a point to insult those who disagree with your point of view.

Why make it so personal, Sunstone? I just don't get it.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see. Look to yourself before you point at others. I know I insult people. I'm honest about doing it. Not everyone is.

dust1n

Zindīq
The problem I have with this debate is, the Liberals are having a real problem separating the right from the mentally insane. It would seem they would love to lump us all together and promptly eliminate us. This would expedite their agenda and all would be right with the world.

What enhances the progressive movement is hanging out with people of like minds. It gives them a sense that they are in the majority.

When our conservative members speak their minds, it reminds them that there is more than one opinion on issues. I believe they resent us for grounding them to the reality that they hold the minority opinion.

Kettle, meet pot.