• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men and women have different fates

vandervalley

Marriage and faithfulness, to me, are necessary for chastity. If I do not marry, I will never have the opportunity to raise up another human being to worship God after me.

So why does ur god make humans that worship other gods and reproduce to worship some other gods?

Popeyesays

vandervalley said:
So why does ur god make humans that worship other gods and reproduce to worship some other gods?
There is but One God. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Zoroastrians, Baha`i's, Noachides, all worship the same ONE God. Anyone who worships God worships the only God. They may have different notions, practices, languages, cultures, texts--doesn't matter.

Regards,
Scott

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Burchfam said:
Both men and women end up in the ground. Only a tiny minority of women will hear Frya's call.

I'm asking the following because I truly don't know- does your religion teach that the ones who hear Frya's call will be of all paths, or that those of other paths are hearing the call and following in other traditions?

I suppose what I'm struggling with, the most, is that the posts seem to come down to 'this is what my faith teaches', but not 'I believe this is true because...' I respect that not everyone believes or supports everything their faith teaches, but I'm uncertain as to what's happening here.

Burchfam

Feathers in Hair said:
I'm asking the following because I truly don't know- does your religion teach that the ones who hear Frya's call will be of all paths, or that those of other paths are hearing the call and following in other traditions?

I suppose what I'm struggling with, the most, is that the posts seem to come down to 'this is what my faith teaches', but not 'I believe this is true because...' I respect that not everyone believes or supports everything their faith teaches, but I'm uncertain as to what's happening here.

I think any woman can hear Frya's call, but once she chooses to follow she must do so in the ways that Frya laid down. As for those who don't hear her call (men and women) the fact is that I have no idea of their ultimate fate, because the Oera Linda Book is silent on the issue. It only tells us about those who dedicate themselves to Frya.

vandervalley

There is but One God. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Zoroastrians, Baha`i's, Noachides, all worship the same ONE God. Anyone who worships God worships the only God. They may have different notions, practices, languages, cultures, texts--doesn't matter.

But how come the teachings of the same God are so different? Buddhists believe in afterlifes and Karma while Muslims and Jew don't. So how can the same 'God' give out different teachings?

Burchfam

vandervalley said:
But how come the teachings of the same God are so different? Buddhists believe in afterlifes and Karma while Muslims and Jew don't. So how can the same 'God' give out different teachings?

And what about Goddesses?

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Burchfam said:
In Famism we are taught that only women have the inate ability to transend the physical realm if they so choose. I know this must be very controversial, but if the universe really is set up this way then there is nothing that can be done about it.

Hey! I'm an asexual virgin! But I guess I still don't qualify for transcending the physical form.:(

We have to make the most of what we've got.

What if we change or lose what we've got? In other words, what if I get a sex change?

Burchfam

zombieharlot said:
Hey! I'm an asexual virgin! But I guess I still don't qualify for transcending the physical form.:(

What if we change or lose what we've got? In other words, what if I get a sex change?

Famism is for women born.

Popeyesays

vandervalley said:

Jews and Muslims DO believe in an afterlife; but they believe everyone will rise at the same time on Judgement day, a belief held in common with many Christians. Karma is the same thing as living a righteous life, and being judged by that life when life is done.

I don't see the slightest difference.

Regards,
Scott