• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masturbation

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Kat Lennon said:
Would you mind if I asked you from what age you guys started mastubating?

Oh gosh, I was about 6 or 7. Although I didn't know there was a word for it and I was convinced that I was in the only one in the whole world who did something like that. For that reason, I felt I had to hide it. It just felt good and I wasn't thinking "sexual" thoughts that young, I wouldn't have even known what that was then. I didn't even hear the word masturbation spoken until I was in high school. Although I did read about it in a medical book of my mom's when I was about 11 or 12, and found out that most everyone else does it too and how it related to sexuality.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Maize said:
Kat Lennon said:

Oh gosh, I was about 6 or 7. Although I didn't know there was a word for it and I was convinced that I was in the only one in the whole world who did something like that. For that reason, I felt I had to hide it. It just felt good and I wasn't thinking "sexual" thoughts that young, I wouldn't have even known what that was then. I didn't even hear the word masturbation spoken until I was in high school. Although I did read about it in a medical book of my mom's when I was about 11 or 12, and found out that most everyone else does it too and how it related to sexuality.

/\
||
||
|| What she said. :lol: Saves me typing it out, I'll just say "Me too". I don't think I connected masturbation with sex until I was well into puberty...probably 14 or 15. But I'd been doing it since about age 6.

Pah

Uber all member
Kat Lennon said:

It was around 3 or 4. I was just "holding" myself for "comfort" in bed for a nap and my mother said not to touch myself. Masturbation to organism was near the beginings of puberty

I have one other memory from an earlier age but that (hehehe) was scieitific (I notiiced clouds moving and remarked to my Aunt)

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Since we're sharing memories...this is one that stuck in my mind and I can still picture it clearly, right down to the counting sheep p.j.s I had on. :lol: Before I found out that masturbation was something to be done in private, I remember laying on the couch one night in my p.j.s, with my hand between my legs "for comfort", as you put it, pah. Well, I guess I was moving the heel of my hand and enjoying it, as I did lol...next thing I know, my mother, stepfather, and sister are all standing there, mouths hanging open, and my mum squeals "What are you DOING??" :eek:mg: She scared the crap outta me...I must have been about 7. :lol: Never did it anywhere but behind closed doors after that.

Kat Lennon

Lol!I asked because i had the impression that when a girl (mainly)is masturbating is not a virgin,if by putting her fingers too deep breaks the hymen.I mean it's really how you do it.

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
I don't know exactly when I started doing it for pleasure like you guys are talking about, but the first time I did it to orgasm I must have been about 11 or 12.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Kat Lennon said:
Lol!I asked because i had the impression that when a girl (mainly)is masturbating is not a virgin,if by putting her fingers too deep breaks the hymen.I mean it's really how you do it.

I see where you're coming from, but that's only true if the masturbation involves penetration...many people leave penetration for sex lol.

Sam Bloom

Masturbation is fine It feels good, and helps release those natural sexual urges. And mutual masturbation, minus intercourse rarely results in STDs and pregnancy. However, I realize there are two distinct groups of people regarding masturbation-those who admit to masturbating, and those who lie.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Sam Bloom said:
However, I realize there are two distinct groups of people regarding masturbation-those who admit to masturbating, and those who lie.

Reminds me of a little ditty I heard in school once...I think it's in my memory banks for all time now....if you're easily offended, close your eyes now lol.

*clears throat*

"If you say you don't wank, you're a liar,
And a fool if you say that you do.
So next time you see
Prince Charles on T.V.
Remember he wanks himself too!"

:lol:

Kat Lennon

Bastet said:
Kat Lennon said:

I see where you're coming from, but that's only true if the masturbation involves penetration...many people leave penetration for sex lol.

Yes,actually I'm not coming from America,it was a mistake. :wink:

tave

iam the mother of 3 little girls a 6 year old and two 3 year olds, and all of them were playing with their 'bums' by 2 years old.seems to me it started in the tub. i just told them to be careful so they wouldn't get sour.......i don't feel they were doing anything impure :smile:

Pah

Uber all member
Masturbation in female mammals, as well as heterosexual and homosexual intercourse (especially in primates), often involves direct or indirect stimulation of the clitoris (as in the description at the beginning of this section of oral sex among Siamangs, a primate species). This organ is present in the females of all mammalian species and several other animal groups, yet it has generally elicited a uniform reaction throughout much of scIentific history: stunned (and embarrassed) silence.150 This is due not only to the general hush surrounding female sexuality, but because the clitoris poses serious challenges to conventional biological theories. Its only "function" appears to be sexual pleasure, and the notion of pleasure in animals, particularly as it relates to the phenomenon of female orgasm, is a difficult one for biologists to come to terms with. Scientists have been remarkably reticent on the subject, refusing even to believe that female animals can experience orgasm until the phenomenon was "proven" with detailed observations and experimental studies on monkeys.
Even after it was "verified," a debate about the "function" of the female orgasm erupted in the scientific community and continues nearly unabated to this day. When a male animal has an orgasm-i.e., ejaculates-this is typically explained as the "mechanism" that insures sperm is transferred to the female-not as the pursuit of sexual pleasure. But no such mechanistic "explanation" is available for the female orgasm or clitoris. Most current biological discussion of the female orgasmic response attempts to justify its existence in terms of how sexual pleasure might "encourage" or contribute to breeding or social bonding, rather than seeing it as something inherently valuable that requires no further "justification." As always, female sexuality-and sexual pleasure in general-is assumed not to exist until proven otherwise. Once "proven" it requires a "function" or "purpose" rather than having intrinsic worth-a striking echo of the presumption of heterosexuality in biology and the need to find an "explanation" for the occurrence of homosexuality.

Source: Biological Exuberance, Animal Homosexuality and natural Diversity by Bruce Bagemihl, Ph.D.,St. Martin's Press, New York 1999, page 210-211

As masturbation is prevalant throughout nature and is most certainly tied to pleasure and not procreation, it requires no justification for it's use. The idea of "stealing" pleasure from a mate fails before the fact that pleasure is indulged in all sorts of innocuous ways (the first cup of coffee before the mate awakes, the rich dessert after lunch at work, the drink with co-workers before heading home, one-on-one time with a child, etc.) The only thing, the only thing "sinful" is the abuse and devottion to the practise.

dan

You use the word "sinful" as if sin could be defined logically. IF you do not subscribe to the laws that God commands then just what philosophy is at the base of your system of ethics?

Pah

Uber all member
dan said:
You use the word "sinful" as if sin could be defined logically. IF you do not subscribe to the laws that God commands then just what philosophy is at the base of your system of ethics?

Sinful, in quotation marks, was used to show the Bible believer what some Christians will say is the essence of masturbation is not sin but that the excess is.

I need not be an adherent to use the Bible for those that should know the Bible and seem to forget some important points contain therein.

My ethics do not include sin.

Would you like to comment on the main topic of my post?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I read a medical study a while back that found an adult male can go about two and a half years without sex before the lack of it begins to mess with him emotionally -- provided he has a healthy fantasy life and masturbates.

Studies like that make me wonder what sort of sordid pathologies priests and monks harbor.