• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Massive star two and a half MILLION times as bright as sun...vanishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad

Undefeated
You've also spoken of how there is a different state in the far reaches of space. That's pretty much the same nonsense really.
No. In far space the issue I raised was whether we know that time itself and space are the same as the time we experience in the area of the solar system. Since you were told many times we can only assume a lack of honesty in the strawman spam you repeat.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
No. In far space the issue I raised was whether we know that time itself and space are the same as the time we experience in the area of the solar system. Since you were told many times we can only assume a lack of honesty in the strawman spam you repeat.

We simply go by the evidence, which has not determined that there has ever been a difference. Science works with 'positive objective verifiable evidence' and not 'arguing from ignorance' for conclusions for which there is no evidence.

Can you provide any 'positive objective verifiable evidence' that time and space has been significantly different than what we 'objectively observe?'

Last edited:

Tiberius

So how is your claim that we can't be sure of the state in distant space any different to your claims that we can't be sure of the state in distant space?

dad

Undefeated
We simply go by the evidence, which has not determined that there has ever been a difference. Science works with 'positive objective verifiable evidence' and not 'arguing from ignorance' for conclusions for which there is no evidence.

Can you provide any 'positive objective verifiable evidence' that time and space has been significantly different than what we 'objectively observe?'
You (science) has not 'determined nature was different OR THE SAME!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Not a coherent answer. It has been determined using triangulation beginning with planets and near stars using the speed of light as determined that distances and time and space is consistent and predictability, and than using triangulation with more distant stars and galaxies. These measurements simply use the Pythagorean theorem

Still waiting . . .

Last edited:

Tiberius

Yes it has.

You just lack the ability to comprehend how science works.

Either that or you're a troll.

I lean towards the latter explanation.

dad

Undefeated
Not a coherent answer. It has been determined using triangulation beginning with planets and near stars using the speed of light as determined that distances and time and space is consistent and predictability, and than using triangulation with more distant stars and galaxies. These measurements simply use the Pythagorean theorem
" "It" has been determined? What exactly is it you think was determined? The parallax measures simply operate under a belief that time and space exist the same in the unknown universe, and they assign years according. Meaningless religion. THAT is what has been determined, that you do not know what you are talking about. The only place you have EVER measured the speed of light is right here! The speed of light here is a result of the time that exists here.
You have NO observations anywhere else and no objectivity whatsoever..only religion!

dad

Undefeated
Yes it has.

You just lack the ability to comprehend how science works.

Either that or you're a troll.

I lean towards the latter explanation.
Denial is useless. Your religion remains undefended. Your blather and spam cannot change that one iota.

Tiberius

" "It" has been determined? What exactly is it you think was determined? The parallax measures simply operate under a belief that time and space exist the same in the unknown universe, and they assign years according. Meaningless religion. THAT is what has been determined, that you do not know what you are talking about. The only place you have EVER measured the speed of light is right here! The speed of light here is a result of the time that exists here.
You have NO observations anywhere else and no objectivity whatsoever..only religion!

Please describe how your different state idea changes the way parallax works.

Tiberius

Denial is useless. Your religion remains undefended. Your blather and spam cannot change that one iota.

Let me know when you have something more than just ranting and raving, okay?

For all the noise you make, you still haven't answered my question: So how is your claim that we can't be sure of the state in distant space any different to your claims that we can't be sure of the state in distant space?

And you still haven't provided a shred of support for your claims. All you ever do is ramble nonsense about how science doesn't work, without understanding that science does work. You're a one trick pony, and your act is old and boring.

dad

Undefeated
Please describe how your different state idea changes the way parallax works.
No connection that I can see. it was not I that brought up any connection whatsoever. As I said probably more than a dozen times, the issue in the unknown distant universe is time itself, and what it may or not be like. We do not know. Unless it were the same we could not say that what 'would' take a million years here would take a millions years there!

Tiberius

No connection that I can see. it was not I that brought up any connection whatsoever. As I said probably more than a dozen times, the issue in the unknown distant universe is time itself, and what it may or not be like. We do not know. Unless it were the same we could not say that what 'would' take a million years here would take a millions years there!

You have stated on multiple occasions that we can't trust parallax because the different state you allege is found in deep space changes the way it works, so parallax measurements would give unreliable results.

Explain how a different state would accomplish this or abandon that argument.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Arguing from 'vague supposed arguing from ignorance' does not address your problem if justifying your agenda without evidence.

Actually we are measuring the speed of light from outside our solar system using the voyager 1 and 2 and pioneer 10 and 11 probe. The navigation of these probes is dependent on triangulation, the consistent speed of light and predictable distances between stars

NASA - Relative Positions of Distant Spacecraft.

Voyager 1 is the most distant spacecraft, about 17.5 billion kilometers (10.9 billion miles) away from the sun at a northward angle. Pioneer 10, the next most distant, is about 15.4 billion kilometers (9.6 billion miles) away from the sun on the opposite side of the solar system. Voyager 2 is about 14.2 billion kilometers (8.8 billion miles) away from the sun on a southward trajectory, on the same side of the solar system as Voyager 1. Pioneer 11 is about 12.4 billion kilometers (7.8 billion miles) away from the sun. New Horizons is about 3 billion kilometers (2 billion miles) away from the sun,

I asked . . .

Still waiting . . .

Still waiting . . .

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
@dad

If science is “religion”, and should be rejected because it is “religion”, THEN we reject all religions, including your own?

Should we reject the everything in Bible, including Genesis and the gospels, because these religious beliefs of Christianity? Should we reject the belief in God, belief in Jesus, because they are spiritual entities of Christian religion?

I think it is rather hypocritical of you, to say that we should reject science because it is science, and not Genesis creation which is a religious story, and therefore part of religion.

If science is religion and therefore bad, then it is bad to believe in Adam, Noah, Moses, Jesus and god.

dad

Undefeated
You have stated on multiple occasions that we can't trust parallax because the different state you allege is found in deep space changes the way it works, so parallax measurements would give unreliable results.

Explain how a different state would accomplish this or abandon that argument.
False. Gong! The issue in deep space has nothing to do with the nature on earth in Noah's day that I have said or heard about.

dad

Undefeated
Arguing from 'vague supposed arguing from ignorance' does not address your problem if justifying your agenda without evidence.

Actually we are measuring the speed of light from outside our solar system using the voyager 1 and 2 and pioneer 10 and 11 probe. The navigation of these probes is dependent on triangulation, the consistent speed of light and predictable distances between stars

NASA - Relative Positions of Distant Spacecraft.

Voyager 1 is the most distant spacecraft, about 17.5 billion kilometers (10.9 billion miles) away from the sun at a northward angle. Pioneer 10, the next most distant, is about 15.4 billion kilometers (9.6 billion miles) away from the sun on the opposite side of the solar system. Voyager 2 is about 14.2 billion kilometers (8.8 billion miles) away from the sun on a southward trajectory, on the same side of the solar system as Voyager 1. Pioneer 11 is about 12.4 billion kilometers (7.8 billion miles) away from the sun. New Horizons is about 3 billion kilometers (2 billion miles) away from the sun,

I asked . . .

Still waiting . . .

Still waiting . . .
The only ignorance is yours that we see here. The probes have ZERO to do with deep space as they are not even a lousy light day away from the fishbowl!

dad

Undefeated
@dad

If science is “religion”, and should be rejected because it is “religion”, THEN we reject all religions, including your own?.
Get a grip man. Just because your religion has no validity, proofs, or merit, does not mean that all else in the universe also is worthless demon crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.