• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary(pbuh) was a Hermaphrodite!!!

Random

The closest stretch I would try scientifically is the idea of parthenogenesis. Virgin births aren't really as weird as we think. Komodo dragons do it, as well as some species of whip-tail lizards. In true parthenogenesis the female will always birth a male child. In Maryam's case she did in fact birth a male. If we want to go a science route that's the biggest stretch I could plausibly make.

Nailed it. Parthogenesis is the answer.

joeboonda

Hmm. The Old Testament has hundreds of verses of prophecy concerning the coming Messiah, including many concerning his birth and his death. Yet, people can't or won't put it together. Jesus Christ is the living Son of God, born of the Virgin Mary, crucified, buried and risen, and is coming again. Jesus said that he that believeth on me hath everlasting life and he that does not does not have life but the wrath of God abides on him. Someday soon he will return and all will see that they were wrong. Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord, we can do it now or do it then, only then it will be too late to trust him as Saviour and have remission of sins. That is what the Bible says. That is what I believe. It is worthy of intense examination, for as the Bible says, fear not him who can destroy the body, but him that can destroy both body and soul in Hell.

Anastasios

Well, I would say with no hesitation that Mary can be a kind of hermaphrodite or she had a baby through parthenogenesis. It can be, why not?
But still no problem its being a miracle! miracles are only event which couldn't be explained, but i don't know how to call after it is disclosed! ~)

Popeyesays

A "true hermaphrodite" is a HUMAN condition in which a person has BOTH testicular & ovarian tissue.

They r called male or female depending on appearence of genetalia.(Which can be very ambiguous at times.)

Most of times either testes or ovaries r NON-functional.
BUT sometimes both r functional. . . . SNIPPED . . . .

Even if the individual has one functional testes and one functional ovary pregnancy cannot occur UNLESS there is a functional womb. Which has never been the case with a human. If there is a scrotum to house a testicle, there is not a vagina to allow impregnation short of harvesting the eggs and providing a foster womb.

The scrotum and the vagina are the same tissue specialized for purpose.

Pseudo Hermaphrodites on the other hand DO have testicles but they are usually internal and undescended. The vagina forms, but there is no womb, nor ovaries, nor Fallopian tubes. The undescended testicles usually develop cancer and must be removed.

In pseudo hermaphrdites the body develops female characteristics because the body is unresponsive to the release of teststerone and androgyne chemicals.

If God had the power to Create life, He had the power to call Jesus into being, too. Much simpler explanation that Godly semen or functional true hermaphrodites.

Regards,
Scott

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Even if the individual has one functional testes and one functional ovary pregnancy cannot occur UNLESS there is a functional womb. Which has never been the case with a human. If there is a scrotum to house a testicle, there is not a vagina to allow impregnation short of harvesting the eggs and providing a foster womb.

The scrotum and the vagina are the same tissue specialized for purpose.

Pseudo Hermaphrodites on the other hand DO have testicles but they are usually internal and undescended. The vagina forms, but there is no womb, nor ovaries, nor Fallopian tubes. The undescended testicles usually develop cancer and must be removed.

In pseudo hermaphrdites the body develops female characteristics because the body is unresponsive to the release of teststerone and androgyne chemicals.

If God had the power to Create life, He had the power to call Jesus into being, too. Much simpler explanation that Godly semen or functional true hermaphrodites.

Regards,
Scott
I agree.

Popeyesays

Hmm. The Old Testament has hundreds of verses of prophecy concerning the coming Messiah, including many concerning his birth and his death. Yet, people can't or won't put it together. Jesus Christ is the living Son of God, born of the Virgin Mary, crucified, buried and risen, and is coming again. Jesus said that he that believeth on me hath everlasting life and he that does not does not have life but the wrath of God abides on him. Someday soon he will return and all will see that they were wrong. Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord, we can do it now or do it then, only then it will be too late to trust him as Saviour and have remission of sins. That is what the Bible says. That is what I believe. It is worthy of intense examination, for as the Bible says, fear not him who can destroy the body, but him that can destroy both body and soul in Hell.

If you are referring to Isaiah, the Hebrewword is 'alma" meaning: "young woman". The word is NOT "betulah" meaning "virgin girl" the "virgin thing is a result of a bad translation into Greek.

Now, that being said: God called Jesus into being, just like He called all Creation intobeing--no woman's body was required, but God chose to use Mary as His instrument.

No semen, no DNA, no ejaculation, no penis--just an act of will.

Regards,
Scott

joeboonda

If you are referring to Isaiah, the Hebrewword is 'alma" meaning: "young woman". The word is NOT "betulah" meaning "virgin girl" the "virgin thing is a result of a bad translation into Greek.

Now, that being said: God called Jesus into being, just like He called all Creation intobeing--no woman's body was required, but God chose to use Mary as His instrument.

No semen, no DNA, no ejaculation, no penis--just an act of will.

Regards,
Scott
I am well aware of the "controversy' in Isaiah. I was speaking more of the several other prophecies, from Genesis to Malachi refering to the Messiah. I do not want to argue the virgin/young woman deal, but will say, as we know it can mean either/or, as a young woman, unbetrothed, was normaly figured as a virgin in those times, the best context for the text would be virgin, to me, because, that is the sign given. A young woman becoming pregnant happens every day, no sign. But a virgin conceiving would be a definite sign to me. I do not want to hash that arguement out at the moment. I'm just sayin' Jesus is the risen Son of God.

Isabella Lecour

Or god is a rapist?

Yea, God is a rapist. Most virgin birth stories are based in rape. It's a mystery why the mother didn't dispose of the child after birth. The idea that she kept it and raised it is the real miracle. Not to mention she get's married latter. Just who would marry her after she's been defiled? And better yet, said child grew up to save the world. WOW. Just remember what the culture was of that time and what the Roman and Greek culture was as well. It's a great drama, very moving and easily understood by everyone.

If anything virgin birth stories are the first pro-life propaganda!!

A

angellous_evangellous

he would have said something if Jesus' mother had both sets of privates.

Paul would have never thought we'd have enough time on our hands to think up something like this... :slap: :faint:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Most probably Mary(peace be upon her) was also a hermaphrodite, by will of GOD.

I am sure that a few young ladies have told their parents this story to explain their predicament............:rolleyes:

Actually, you might be right - and that is God all over; a Miracle maker...........well, if he created heaven and Earth, what you mention above is hardly mindbendingly difficult.:p

Popeyesays

Then quit calling god the "father".

I have no difficulty referring to God as "The Father" and understanding there is no gender.

Hebrew, Greek, Arabic Persian and English --as well as most any other language you can think of DOES have gender. Language is for humans and humans have gender.

In reference to God there are lots of gender-free appelations: The Self-Subsisting, Abider, Tje Just, The Merciful, The Benevolent, . . . . .

"Praise be to God, the Eternal that perisheth not, the Everlasting that declineth not, the Self-Subsisting that altereth not. He it is Who is transcendent in His sovereignty, Who is manifest through His signs, and is hidden through His mysteries. He it is at Whose bidding the standard of the Most Exalted Word hath been lifted up in the world of creation, and the banner of "He doeth whatsoever He willeth" raised amidst all peoples. He it is Who hath revealed His Cause for the guidance of His creatures, and sent down His verses to demonstrate His Proof and His Testimony, and embellished the preface of the Book of Man with the ornament of utterance through His saying: "The God of Mercy hath taught the Qur'án, hath created man, and taught him articulate speech." No God is there but Him, the One, the Peerless, the Powerful, the Mighty, the Beneficent."
(Baha'u'llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 1)

Regards,
Scott