• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary(pbuh) was a Hermaphrodite!!!

logician

"I have no difficulty referring to God as "The Father" and understanding there is no gender."

Then this presents a great conflict in Xianity, as JEsus is considered the "son" of god, which certainly implies gender.

Popeyesays

"I have no difficulty referring to God as "The Father" and understanding there is no gender."

Then this presents a great conflict in Xianity, as JEsus is considered the "son" of god, which certainly implies gender.

Jesus was human--humans have gender--Jesus was male. He was not the 'daughter of God'.

I am my father's son, and I am my mother's son.

According to Hebrew thought at the time of Jesus all humans are the sons and daughters of God.

No conflict in any of that.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

Well cool! So likewise there shouldn't be a problem refering to God as the Mother? I kinda like the thought of Jesus being the son of a loving lesbian couple! :rainbow1:

You're still stuck thinking of the conception of Jesus as an exchange of genetic material.

If God willed all Creation into being without an ejaculation, what's so hard to consider that Jesus was simply willed into being?

No DNA, no sperm, no semen, no penis involved--just an act of will.

Regards,
Scott

logician

Jesus was human--humans have gender--Jesus was male. He was not the 'daughter of God'.

I am my father's son, and I am my mother's son.

According to Hebrew thought at the time of Jesus all humans are the sons and daughters of God.

No conflict in any of that.

Regards,
Scott

Actually, Jesus never existed, so the point is moot.

Popeyesays

Actually, Jesus never existed, so the point is moot.

Actually, that's a bald - faced assertion. You cannot prove your statement one way or the other.

Muhammad existed. He says Jesus existed.

The Bab existed, He says jesus existed.

Baha`u'llah existed, He says Jesus existed.

Mani existed, for that matter, and he claimed his authority came from Jesus.

I find it very difficult to believe--even sticking to the historical record--that there never was a living Christ for all the beliefs to center upon.

Judging strictly from the historical record and the weight of tradition, I find it as nonsensical to doubt the existenceof Christ as it is to doubt the existence of Julius Caesar, Menander, Socrates, Agamemnon, Alexander the Great, and Neanderthal Man.

Regards,
Scott

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" do they not?
Yes they do.
I wonder, how does one prove prove that someone dis not exist?
Can one claim that Santa does not exist?
There are all manner of stories about him.
Santa is mentioned and referred to in hundreds of thousands of texts.
Is this not enough to prove that he exists?
Does the number of people who believe Santa exists effect his existance?
I mean there are tons of children who believe he exists.

Popeyesays

Interestingly enough, neither can you.

Referring to my belief that Jesus existed.

-----------------

Gosh, I just said I was convinced there was an historical Jesus. I am not trying to prove His existence.

I believe Baha`u'llah WAS an Apostle of God. There is n0o doubt as to His historical existence. He says Jesus was an Apostle of God, too.

Therefore, I am convinced. Your mileage may vary.

Regards,
Scott

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Yes they do.
I wonder, how does one prove prove that someone dis not exist?
Can one claim that Santa does not exist?
Santa is mentioned and referred to in hundreds of thousands of texts.
Is this not enough to prove that he exists?
Does the number of people who believe Santa exists effect his existance?
I mean there are tons of children who believe he exists.
We've been to the North Pole, no toy shop in sight.
We can trace the evolution of the story to several historical (and dead) people.
Reindeer don't fly.
A fit grown man, to say nothing of a fat one, cannot physically pass through a modern chimney.

Mestemia, I respect you, I do, but that was pathetic.

logician

Actually, that's a bald - faced assertion. You cannot prove your statement one way or the other.

Muhammad existed. He says Jesus existed.

The Bab existed, He says jesus existed.

Baha`u'llah existed, He says Jesus existed.

Mani existed, for that matter, and he claimed his authority came from Jesus.

I find it very difficult to believe--even sticking to the historical record--that there never was a living Christ for all the beliefs to center upon.

Judging strictly from the historical record and the weight of tradition, I find it as nonsensical to doubt the existenceof Christ as it is to doubt the existence of Julius Caesar, Menander, Socrates, Agamemnon, Alexander the Great, and Neanderthal Man.

Regards,
Scott

Unfortunately for your side, no historian contemporay to the time of the supposed Christ ever wrote about such a man. Everything else is merely hearsay and worse.

Popeyesays

Unfortunately for your side, no historian contemporay to the time of the supposed Christ ever wrote about such a man. Everything else is merely hearsay and worse.

It's pretty good hearsay since it's been persisten for more than 2,000 years. I don't doubt there was a man named Homer, either, or Gautama Buddha, or Krshna, or moses or Abraham, or Lot, or David, or Agamemnon, or Pyrhhus, Alexander, Antigonus or all the other historical figures of tradition who cannot produce a birth certificate for your perusal..

Census data is a little limited from the period in question. Testimony is pretty dense.

If you're not convinced, fine. But don't think you're going to convince anyone of your point of view on this.

Regards,
Scott

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme

Yes there are, and those stories are called fiction by their authors.:rolleyes:

On a side note, is it possible that the OP saw the episode of South PArk where Cartman finds out his mother is his father too, and started to wonder if that could be somehow turned into a new RF thread? Just a thought, but my spidey sense is telling me something strange is going on here.

logician

It's pretty good hearsay since it's been persisten for more than 2,000 years. I don't doubt there was a man named Homer, either, or Gautama Buddha, or Krshna, or moses or Abraham, or Lot, or David, or Agamemnon, or Pyrhhus, Alexander, Antigonus or all the other historical figures of tradition who cannot produce a birth certificate for your perusal..

Census data is a little limited from the period in question. Testimony is pretty dense.

If you're not convinced, fine. But don't think you're going to convince anyone of your point of view on this.

Regards,
Scott

I can do nothing about closed minds to the subject. Closing people's minds is religion's main objective.