• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary(pbuh) was a Hermaphrodite!!!

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
We've been to the North Pole, no toy shop in sight.
We can trace the evolution of the story to several historical (and dead) people.
Reindeer don't fly.
A fit grown man, to say nothing of a fat one, cannot physically pass through a modern chimney.

Mestemia, I respect you, I do, but that was pathetic.
And yet all these concerns can be addressed with the same type nonsense used by theists everyday.
Which was the point.

The reason you cannot see the toyshop is because you do not believe.
And everyone knows that non-believers cannot understand or see the truth...

So what you can trace the story.
What does that prove?
Absolutely nothing, since it is all co-incidence that there are a few people who kinda sorta fit the bill.
Other than delivering presents to every single good boy and girl all in one night.
Of course you would understand and accept this if you had the Spirit of Christmas guiding you....

Reindeer only fly for Santa Claus.
Sheesh, even my 3 year old niece knows that...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Muhammad existed. He says Jesus existed.

The Bab existed, He says jesus existed.

Baha`u'llah existed, He says Jesus existed.

Regards,
Scott

I exist and I say that Jesus existed. Perhaps one day that might mean something too. :) Trust me friends, once you touch the reality of the inner self, the reality of the Joyous Nazarene becomes apparent. There is good reason why he said that he was the Light and no one could get to "heaven" without passing through the Light/Him. :D

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
And yet all these concerns can be addressed with the same type nonsense used by theists everyday.
Only if you sink to the level of Dr. Dino, and such arguments are a waste of speech.

My point was that it is hypocritical for atheists to pull the "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" and then proceed to claim that Christ never existed.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Only if you sink to the level of Dr. Dino, and such arguments are a waste of speech.
Yet those are the same arguments used to defend Christianity and Jesus Himself.

My point was that it is hypocritical for atheists to pull the "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" and then proceed to claim that Christ never existed.
And what evidence is there that he did exist?
Now what evidence is there of his existence OUTSIDE the scriptures?
There is none.
THAT is the point.

logician

As pointed out in Freke and Gandy's "The Jesus Mysteries", "The Laughing Jesus", and other sources, the similiarities between the Jesus story and pre-existent religious mytholoy is just too close to ignore, yet many Christians(who know about it, most don't ) do their best to suppress this knowledge. Why should numerous other stories virtually identlical to the Jesus story be just myth, yet the JEsus story somehow must be true? That is the important question Christians must answer.