• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marjorie Taylor Greene hit with third fine for not wearing mask on House floor

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yep, there are foolish Democrats too. That might be excusable if they made sure that everyone was vaccinated, but I doubt if they did that. Even so if there are results from this the odds are that fewer Democrats will die than Republicans. Not because they are tougher, but because they are far more likely to have had the vaccination. And that can easily make the difference between life and death.

Nope, that statistics for Red counties is far worse than statistics for Blue counties. Probably enough to throw a few close races over to the Democrats. Not that I mind that right now. But I would not wish it on anyone as you just did.
Talking about those in Congress so not sure why you keep changing the subject

Yep, there are foolish Democrats too. That might be excusable if they made sure that everyone was vaccinated, but I doubt if they did that. Even so if there are results from this the odds are that fewer Democrats will die than Republicans. Not because they are tougher, but because they are far more likely to have had the vaccination. And that can easily make the difference between life and death.
If people want to wear masks go for it, but don’t mandate the masks and then go mask less at parties like politicians do

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It kind of shows the public the actual urgency of the matter.

Are people wearing the masks for points past vaccine effectiveness, or is there a real danger still around?
Yes, there is still danger.
Just ask Putin about Covid 19's resurgence.

Not that I know of.

Perfection is the enemy of useful.
So I don't expect it.
Not sure what you’re trying to communicate about Covid? In my opinion we already have a lot of options to deal with this, more options seem to be coming. Not sure why this is an issue or reason to argue about whether we wear masks or not. Wear one or don’t.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not sure what you’re trying to communicate about Covid? In my opinion we already have a lot of options to deal with this, more options seem to be coming. Not sure why this is an issue or reason to argue about whether we wear masks or not. Wear one or don’t.
Because vaccines are only in the 90% efficacy range, mask
wearing in close quarters is still useful to prevent infection.
This too is not 100% effective.
Tis better to avoid infection & breakthru infection than to rely
upon Covid 19 treatment....which is also not 100% effective.

Because vaccines are only in the 90% efficacy range, mask
wearing in close quarters is still useful to prevent infection.
This too is not 100% effective.
Tis better to avoid infection & breakthru infection than to rely
upon Covid 19 treatment....which is also not 100% effective.
IMO as to one having and recovering from Covid is to live free and healthy, researched a lot of the available information on masks, vaccines, treatments, immunity and making informed decisions for myself and family, I found I am ultimately responsible for the decisions I make and have to live with those decisions, so for me there is a balance considering whether or not to wear a mask and in what situation. The obsession with masks is over the top in my opinion especially when the mandate makers don’t follow their own mandates, forget that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
IMO as to one having and recovering from Covid is to live free and healthy, researched a lot of the available information on masks, vaccines, treatments, immunity and making informed decisions for myself and family, I found I am ultimately responsible for the decisions I make and have to live with those decisions, so for me there is a balance considering whether or not to wear a mask and in what situation. The obsession with masks is over the top in my opinion especially when the mandate makers don’t follow their own mandates, forget that.
"Obsession" is in the mind of the beholder.
Are you obsessed with driving sober?
Or with not eating spoiled food?
Some things just make sense.
But senseless people will endure criticism.