• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marjorie Taylor Greene hit with third fine for not wearing mask on House floor

"Obsession" is in the mind of the beholder.
Are you obsessed with driving sober?
Or with not eating spoiled food?
Some things just make sense.
But senseless people will endure criticism.
No and don’t need a mandate to eat Ice cream,
Steak, Salad or Fruit. Liver would have to be mandated.:)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"Obsession" is in the mind of the beholder.
Are you obsessed with driving sober?
Or with not eating spoiled food?
Some things just make sense.
But senseless people will endure criticism.
Hmm, you raise an interesting point. Can I drink and drive and use anti-mask type "logic" to get off.

Perhaps I will give that a shot. But not with my car. Does anyone have a car that I can use for some legal research?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Looks like MTG is up to $48,000 in fines so far.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene racks up $48,000 in fines for not wearing mask on House floor (yahoo.com)

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., has been fined at least $48,000 since May for not wearing a mask on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives.

The fine was outlined in a letter from the House sergeant at arms to Greene that was obtained by USA TODAY. The letter says the Republican lawmaker was warned in May about not wearing a mask, and she was asked to wear a face covering multiple times in May, July, August, September and October.

Greene has been fined 20 times for failing to wear a face covering, according to her office.

She was fined $500 for her first offense and $2,500 for each additional incident. The fines come from the lawmaker’s congressional salary, according to multiple reports.

The House sergeant at arms' letter was first reported by The Hill.

In a statement to USA TODAY, Greene said she would “continue my stand on the House floor against authoritarian Democrat mandates, because I don’t want the American people to stand alone.” She compared Democratic lawmakers to “tyrannical dictators with mandates and lockdowns” amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Last month, Greene tweeted she had racked up more than $25,000 in mask fines. She said at the time that she refused “to wear a mask in the chamber where over 80% of Congress is vaccinated and I’m NOT sick.”

The House Ethics Committee confirmed on Monday that Greene was disciplined four times in late September for not wearing a mask. The committee has confirmed three other occasions when Greene was fined over the mask rule.

NBC News reported that some of the dates in the sergeant at arms' letter do not align with information confirmed by the House Ethics Committee.

The Senate does not require masks for lawmakers.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone 2 years and older who is not fully vaccinated should wear a mask in indoor public places. People who are fully vaccinated should wear a mask indoors if they are in an area of substantial or high transmission, while immunocompromised people should continue to take precautions recommended for unvaccinated people.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I expect her to be hitting some crowdfunding site or merchandizing deal to get her supporters to pay for her actions at any point. Does she have a Fox News speaking gig yet?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Btw, she just announced that she has not been vaccinated (did she just violate her own “hippo rites”?)

So that makes her refusal to wear a mask extra fun.