• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man who donated his mother's body for Alzheimer's research discovers it was sold to the US Millitary

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
my approach :) Stop making weapons, do not buy the weapons that already exist. And if possible destroy the weapons that already exist (not by using them)
Yeah....a good formula for being conquered by a country with a different philosophy.
But some countries can afford this when more powerful countries will do it for them.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
my approach :) Stop making weapons, do not buy the weapons that already exist. And if possible destroy the weapons that already exist (not by using them)
This reminded me of the prophecy in Isaiah 2:1-4...
Worshippers of Yahweh (Jehovah) would do this, in the Last Days.
Part of this is posted on the United Nations building.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
A dead person who was more desperately needed for research in other areas. Uncle Sam is already very, very good at killing people. We can't cure Alzheimers yet.

The Art of War is an ancient Chinese text written by Sun Tsu. With the Prince, Machiavelli probably wouldn't disagree because it's an issue of conventional morality, states priorities, and people are pretty much powerless to do anything over it. It will answer some, but their anger isn't sufficient enough for the prince to concern himself with.

Just for the record, Machiavelli also wrote a book called The Art of War.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've no idea which was the highest & best use for her legacy.
Its not hard to figure out. We haven't cited Alzheimers, and not everyone dies of it meaning we don't ask over abundance of corpses to study it on.
And, of course, the bigger issue is that's not what the arrangement/agreement was

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Its not hard to figure out. We haven't cited Alzheimers, and not everyone dies of it meaning we don't ask over abundance of corpses to study it on.
And, of course, the bigger issue is that's not what the arrangement/agreement was
It would be hard for me to figure out.
I'd have to do some research...but I wouldn't blow up any corpses in the process.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
This is a fiction. LBJ allowed them to go back based on incorrect information regarding radiation. They did of their own accord.

Like the information about Iraqi WMDs, or the information about the Gulf of Tonkin ?

Either your intelligence services are repeatedly hopelessly incompetent, or they are reprehensible criminals. Which is it ?

One would have to be very gullible indeed to think that someone measured lethal radiation and somehow ‘got it wrong’ when the lives of a population were at stake.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It would be hard for me to figure out.
I'd have to do some research...but I wouldn't blow up any corpses in the process.
Uncle sam blowing the corpse up was blatantly a violation of an agreement and contract. There really isn't much to be considered. Research material was wasted and a breech of contract happened.