• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man who donated his mother's body for Alzheimer's research discovers it was sold to the US Millitary

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I know there is an Art of War by Sun Tzu, there is also a book of the same name by Machiavelli.

Whether or not the corpse is being ‘put to good use’, it is terrible public relations, which was my point.

The most salient point though, is that the corpse was donated by the son for research into Altzheimers. He was treated shockingly. Absolutely gross heartlessness. That is the issue.

The general should use one of his deceased family members for bomb tests and target practice.
The military showed an appalling lack of sensitivity. As human as a rabid dog.
Well now we know the effect of HE on Alzheimer's effected grey matter.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not big on respecting them either.
Nonetheless, I see their usefulness.
Of course the military often misbehaves & is misused by leaders.
It requires continuous wary watching & managing.

There is no need to do that.
It's just often an unfortunate consequence.
But that doesn't mean that we should abandon having a military.
Why?
Aggressive enemies won't take that pollyanna attitude.

Let's consider WW2 again....
Norway was neutral, & became occupied by Nazi Germany.
Responsibility to stop Hitler fell to countries willing to design,
build & use weapons. I prefer this to the Norwegian approach,
which would allow Hitler to impose his reign upon the world.
I was not alive under WW2 so I can not say anything about what was done right or wrong at that time. they took the decision they did.
If I had to speak german because that became the language of Norway, it would still only be a language. That said it does not mean I would agree to the terms of the ideology Hitler tried to force upon us at that time.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I was not alive under WW2 so I can not say anything about what was done right or wrong at that time. they took the decision they did.
If I had to speak german because that became the language of Norway, it would still only be a language. That said it does not mean I would agree to the terms of the ideology Hitler tried to force upon us at that time.

And we are so lucky to have people like George W Bush and Trump and Putin running the world. Yay freedom !

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Whether or not the corpse is being ‘put to good use’, it is terrible public relations, which was my point.
I can certainly agree with that.
But I doubt they intended that info to become advertised.
The masses are squeamish.
The most salient point though, is that the corpse was donated by the son for research into Altzheimers. He was treated shockingly. Absolutely gross heartlessness. That is the issue.
I don't know the terms of the agreement.
Perhaps neither did that donor.
Criminy, I've arranged to donate my own corpse, & I don't recall
placing any restrictions upon the type of research to be done.
As always....if there is an agreement, it should be honored.
The general should use one of his deceased family members for bomb tests and target practice.
The military showed an appalling lack of sensitivity. As human as a rabid dog.
Note that while I favor a strong defense, I am a felonious draft dodger.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

Interestingly, Hitler’s rise to power was assisted greatly by financial support from the Bush family !

So...if you were speaking German, you could thank the Bush dynasty. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Interestingly, Hitler’s rise to power was assisted greatly by financial support from the Bush family !

So...if you were speaking German, you could thank the Bush dynasty. :)
This is one of those claims which deserves a cogent argument in support.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not making you responsible.
But I thought it would be a personally meaningful example.
Could we agree that militarily defeating Hitler was better than submitting?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not making you responsible.
But I thought it would be a personally meaningful example.

Could we agree that militarily defeating Hitler was better than submitting?
It is always good when evil is defeated, but it is the way it is defeated that is a problem. war is not about government against government, war always harm those who are not a part of it (civilian people)
And military often is driven by egoistic political and military forces, but yes it has been like this most of human history

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Better to explode dead than live ones.
Such research is important.
Being grisly & offensive to delicate sensibilities makes it no less so.
A dead person who was more desperately needed for research in other areas. Uncle Sam is already very, very good at killing people. We can't cure Alzheimers yet.
Have you read The Prince and Art of War by Machiavelli ?
He would disagree with you, and go on to explain how mistreatment of the people makes them uncooperative and less productive.

General Curtis Goatheart doesn’t have the grey matter to figure that out.
The Art of War is an ancient Chinese text written by Sun Tsu. With the Prince, Machiavelli probably wouldn't disagree because it's an issue of conventional morality, states priorities, and people are pretty much powerless to do anything over it. It will answer some, but their anger isn't sufficient enough for the prince to concern himself with.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is always good when evil is defeated, but it is the way it is defeated that is a problem. war is not about government against government, war always harm those who are not a part of it (civilian people)
And military often is driven by egoistic political and military forces, but yes it has been like this most of human history
My approach....
Prepare for the possibility of war.
Prepare to avoid it.
We need to do a better job at both.