• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Man Unleashes Profanity-Filled Tirade Against Peaceful Satanists in MN Park"

MonkeyFire

What??? Most Satanists are atheists. The Satanic Temple is made up of politically active atheists who want to change the recent status quo of favoritism of Christianity over other religions.

Satan hates God because of his passive son. But, God knows they suffer at will of peace of mind (the power of the air). Dis-belief is the nature of the second beast (the lepoard).

Good-Ole-Rebel

Yeah, I took the bait for 28 years. There are questions that even believers have but I think fear keeps them from pursuing it. It took me a while to finally question and I was scared to death to follow it through.

I have a lot of questions also. And I haven't yet found answers. That doesn't cancel my faith. Nothing wrong with questions. But just because you don't yet have an answer doesn't mean there isn't one. All believers are still learning about the revelation from God, the Bible.

I don't know you. But from what you have wrote it appears you say you were a believer and now because you didn't have answers to your question you denied your faith.

Let me ask you this. Let's assume you are a believer. Do you think you know everything about God? Of course not. You just begin learning about God. Lets assume you are a believer and die and go to Heaven. Do you think you know everything about God? I leave that for you to answer.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

God isn't an author. God is Creator. People are authors. People authored the texts that are in the bible. We even have a couple names. God is not a puppet-master.

Far better to be honest about what the bible is, rather than mythologizing it. That way, it's easier to be honest and clear about what it says.

I am being honest. God is the Author of the Bible.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

No, you did not. Your errors were explained to you.

You used some verses that did not make the claims that you thought that they did.

I gave you the verses. You said they were out of context. But you wouldn't say how they were out of context. The verses proved you wrong.

If you don't want to know, don't ask.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I gave you the verses. You said they were out of context. But you wouldn't say how they were out of context. The verses proved you wrong.

If you don't want to know, don't ask.

Good-Ole-Rebel
I explained why they were not just out of context. Even out of context they did not support your claims.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I have a lot of questions also. And I haven't yet found answers. That doesn't cancel my faith. Nothing wrong with questions. But just because you don't yet have an answer doesn't mean there isn't one. All believers are still learning about the revelation from God, the Bible.

I don't know you. But from what you have wrote it appears you say you were a believer and now because you didn't have answers to your question you denied your faith.

Let me ask you this. Let's assume you are a believer. Do you think you know everything about God? Of course not. You just begin learning about God. Lets assume you are a believer and die and go to Heaven. Do you think you know everything about God? I leave that for you to answer.

Good-Ole-Rebel

There were many reasons for my departure. No evidence for any deities, much less Yahweh. The Bible was taken from previous myth, and has contradictions, outdated info, horrible violence and patriarchy. The religion doesn't make anyone act any better than anyone else and sometimes they act worse. I like Jesus as one of my role models though. I have heard it said that the Bible tells us all we need to know, so if that's it, I can't take it as "gospel" truth.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
You’re not fooling anyone.

I recommend a responsible bible course, taught by a mainstream university or seminary.

"Trust what other people tell you, don't believe in your own heart and mind." That's what you're saying.

As if another person can tell you what you believe. They can teach you new ideas, but ultimately, if you trust another person as absolute authority, it is no different from having your mind controlled. People don't need dogma, they need spirituality.

Some people believe the Bible to be the Word of God. Others believe it to be the inspired Word (meaning humans wrote it, but they did so as a result of encounters with God). This is what I believe, when you know God, you know what to write. It sometimes contradicts other stuff, because you're a different person and different situations, but God is the same.