• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Man Unleashes Profanity-Filled Tirade Against Peaceful Satanists in MN Park"

Good-Ole-Rebel

Greetings.
We go by what Jesus says, [he is the "high priest". That takes precedence over other interpretations of the Bible. What that means is, your interpretation of the Old Testament, religiously, should match what Jesus says. Many churches don't do this, and they take 'different interpretation', 》》then Jesus's religion, and they try to mix it like a salad. Instead of gping by the religious precepts that are from Jesus.

Is there interpretation? Yes, however, that is why we don't interpret the "basics".
Matthew 22:37
John 10:30
1 Corinthians 8:6
2 Corinthians 6:18

Yes, there are some basics that do not require 'interpretation'. They are plain. But even they need to be discussed at times as the basics may differ.

Can't hardly flak your statement that we go by what Jesus says. Of course I agree. But, you still have to pay attention as to who He was talking to. Not everything Jesus said is to you or me. And Jesus said the Old Testament is all about Him. And the whole New Testament is about Him. So all must be considered.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Yes, there are some basics that do not require 'interpretation'. They are plain. But even they need to be discussed at times as the basics may differ.

Can't hardly flak your statement that we go by what Jesus says. Of course I agree. But, you still have to pay attention as to who He was talking to. Not everything Jesus said is to you or me. And Jesus said the Old Testament is all about Him. And the whole New Testament is about Him. So all must be considered.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Yes, the Old Testament is concordance with Jesus religion. I agree. That is the guide for interpretation of the Old Testament. That concept is of course opposed by those of non Jesus religion, that is basically the "only argument", they need to present, as the Old Testament is a basis also for various things.

Many christians have a Old Testament interpretation that doesn't match the New Testament , or even their New Testament interpretation. This of course is why there has to be a high priest, Jesus, who tells the Believers what is true, in what manner, and how it is to be interpreted. This is outside 'random interpretation', and actually includes theology concepts and such, in order to delineate all of that. Thusly, the scripture may not be enough to guarantee the correct interpretation.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Yes, the Old Testament is concordance with Jesus religion. I agree. That is the guide for interpretation of the Old Testament. That concept is of course opposed by those of non Jesus religion, that is basically the "only argument", they need to present, as the Old Testament is a basis also for various things.

Many christians have a Old Testament interpretation that doesn't match the New Testament , or even their New Testament interpretation. This of course is why there has to be a high priest, Jesus, who tells the Believers what is true, in what manner, and how it is to be interpreted. This is outside 'random interpretation', and actually includes theology concepts and such, in order to delineate all of that. Thusly, the scripture may not be enough to guarantee the correct interpretation.

True. We should judge the OT by Jesus' values, not Jesus' values by the OT.

Good-Ole-Rebel

You know that you and I are not in agreement on the method of interpretation, no matter how you try and dress it up. All of Scripture is equally important in using it to interpret the Bible. The Scripture is always enough.

Good-Ole-Rebel