• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Man Unleashes Profanity-Filled Tirade Against Peaceful Satanists in MN Park"

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
You may think so, but ultimately Jesus Christ has the final say on who is a Christian.

Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ Matthew 7:22-23

So people are again guessing whether or not they will be going to heaven...

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The best a Satist can be is hate, or if not that suffering... the a cursed.

What??? Most Satanists are atheists. The Satanic Temple is made up of politically active atheists who want to change the recent status quo of favoritism of Christianity over other religions.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I already said, it's not up to me. I think it is up to Jesus, though.

But just out of curiosity, may I ask you something?

Say there is a man who has been a pastor at a church for thirty years and he presents himself as a godly, Christian to everyone over the years. Yet, come to find out behind closed doors he has been molesting children at every opportunity, threatening them if they tell, lying to parents in the congregation who trust him...is he a Christian?

He claimed to be a Christian, does the claim, the label "Christian" make him one or do his actions say otherwise?

The Bible is not clear on what makes one Christian or what saves one. It has morphed into "as long as you say the sinner's prayer sincerely, you're saved." So unbiblical.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Where I live, the narrow minded ones dominate the conversation. The Christ-like ones are too busy helping the poor and dispossessed to get involved in the argument.
Tom

Yep, which is probably the case in most places. The Christ-like ones don't need to trumpet that they are Christian and they are not morally outraged at most things.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yep, which is probably the case in most places. The Christ-like ones don't need to trumpet that they are Christian and they are not morally outraged at most things.
The most Christ-like ones are not much interested in discussing theology.

They're too busy living The Beatitudes.
Tom

shmogie

The Old Testament, my friend.
It was 4,000 years ago, for a certain people, in a certain place, at a certain time, to accomplish a certain goal. It was under the first covenant, the one with Israel and Israel alone.

Christians are not, nor we ever under the first covenant.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
It is not a mess or shoddy to the believer.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Yeah, I took the bait for 28 years. There are questions that even believers have but I think fear keeps them from pursuing it. It took me a while to finally question and I was scared to death to follow it through.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
It was 4,000 years ago, for a certain people, in a certain place, at a certain time, to accomplish a certain goal. It was under the first covenant, the one with Israel and Israel alone.

Christians are not, nor we ever under the first covenant.

But Yahweh doesn't change, right? Plus in Revelation blood will be up to horse bridles. So why not just use the NT? I have heard Christians say that Jesus agrees with all of the OT, so sounds relevant, right?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
God is the Author of the Bible. The writers were just that, the writers.

Good-Ole-Rebel
God isn't an author. God is Creator. People are authors. People authored the texts that are in the bible. We even have a couple names. God is not a puppet-master.

Far better to be honest about what the bible is, rather than mythologizing it. That way, it's easier to be honest and clear about what it says.