• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man is not an animal

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
But no bear, wolf, nor spider is using alphabet.

That you're aware of, or can learn. Doesn't mean it isn't there.

I talk to dog and cat. I'm sorry you can't.

IMG_20220320_101402.jpg

QuestioningMind

Animals do not have articulate speech and poets. Man is not an animal.

Yes, the animals can communicate. But they have no articulate speech. There is difference: articulate communication, and non-articulate one. Articulate one has alphabet. Do whales have letters in alphabet order?

Many humans do use alphabet. Some humans are sick or not developed so much, so they do not.
But no bear, wolf, nor spider is using alphabet.

You come up with some of the most bizarre definitions I've ever heard. According to this ridiculous theory a newborn baby is an animal, since they don't have articulate speech and use an alphabet. In fact any adult human who doesn't use articulate speech and is illiterate is still a mere animal in your eyes.

Your enormous ego forces you to come up with some truly inane theories in an attempt to make yourself feel superior. Unfortunately all you accomplish is to reveal how seriously insecure you are and that you're not superior in the least.

QuestioningMind

No. I repeat: "Many humans do use alphabet. Some humans are sick or not developed so much"

You can't have it both ways. IF you define an animal as something that does not use articulate language or an alphabet THEN human beings who don't use articulate language or the alphabet are animals, according to YOUR definition.

So by YOUR definition ALL human beings are born as animals and then SOME of them develop into entities that are somehow ABOVE animals. And of course, it also means that apes that have been taught the alphabet are no longer animals either... they've developed into entities that are ABOVE animals as well.

What a useless definition for animals you've come up with.

QuestioningMind

I am not defining. I am saying fact:

Only humans use alphabet.

Some humans are humans, but do not use alphabet (they are e.g. babies).

But no single bear has used alphabet. Hence, humans are not bears.

You're right, no bears have ever used an alphabet, hence humans are not bears. HOWEVER, there are plenty of apes who use ASL (a type of alphabet) hence according to YOU humans ARE apes. You sure took the long route to get there, but FINALLY you agree with the evolutionary claim that humans are apes. Congratulations!

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Many humans today don't have an alphabetic language.

Writing is a comparatively recent behavior among humans. Throughout most of the time our species has been around, we did not have writing.
I hate to be pedantic (okay, that's a lie) but the alphabet is a writing system, not a language of its own; in theory, you could in fact write any language using any possible script, you'd just have to make some adjustments (for example, the alphabet itself is the result of a series of significant adjustments made first by the Greeks, then the Romans, to the original Phoenicean script they used to write their languages).

Here is a fun exercise of a fellow trying to come up with a hanzi style ideogrammatic script for English, for example: Yingzi

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
It's a little more complicated then just having an alphabet, we create everything we need to make life easier for us, we are light years ahead of what any animal is capable of.
The computer you are using is proof of that.
But the real thing that sets us apart from animals is the spiritual component, almost all humans understand that they are spiritual beings.

QuestioningMind

I am not defining. I am saying fact:

Only humans use alphabet.

Some humans are humans, but do not use alphabet (they are e.g. babies).

But no single bear has used alphabet. Hence, humans are not bears.
And yes, you ARE defining... you're defining an animal as an entity that does not communicate articulately or use an alphabet... unlike anyone else on the planet. Of course, according to your ridiculous definition it means that plants and fungi are animals as well.

You really don't have a clue about scientific classifications in biology, do you?

questfortruth

And yes, you ARE defining...
No. I am saying facts, not defining.

HOWEVER, there are plenty of apes who use ASL (a type of alphabet)??
Why a type of alphabet, but not actual alphabet? Can you list right here the first 10 letters of monkeys alphabet? And what words are there in their language? How they sound?