• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Male Rape

Alceste

Vagabond
Was she charged?

No. He was in a real pickle. It's rap culture. You're supposed to be all about banging slutty hos. How is it going to look if a slutty ho tries to give him oral on stage and he gives her a shove and presses charges? He'd be called a f*g, basically, and his general manliness would be called into question.

Alceste

Vagabond
Maybe he was stunned and of course went on out of a sense of obligation to his fans???

Stranger things have happened after sexual assault.

It's part of showmanship. The proverbial elephant walking across the stage. The show must go on! I've had drunks fall right into my lap at shows without missing a beat.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
He must really like performing if he went own with the show.

Also see what you are doing? Stereotyping how you believe a victim of sexual assault "should" behave immediately after it happens.

You know people just trying to just "go on as usual" is the norm?

Goes back to my point..no one WANTS to be raped.They don't even want to think about it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
No. He was in a real pickle. It's rap culture. You're supposed to be all about banging slutty hos. How is it going to look if a slutty ho tries to give him oral on stage and he gives her a shove and presses charges? He'd be called a f*g, basically, and his general manliness would be called into question.

Hmm........

Alceste

Vagabond
Yeah. He probably would of felt like a prick if he stopped the show.

Come on, think it through a little. He was performing in front of 700 people. Do you want your junk exposed to 700 people out of the blue, regardless of whether or not somebody puts it in their mouth for a bit? The fact that you think it's fine if she was hot, but presumably not if she was ugly (or a man) tells me you're thinking of FANTASY RAPE, not the ACTUAL EXPERIENCE of having somebody rip off your pants and molest you in front of 700 people without your consent. It's not gonna matter what they look like. It simply isn't OK.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Come on, think it through a little. He was performing in front of 700 people. Do you want your junk exposed to 700 people out of the blue, regardless of whether or not somebody puts it in their mouth for a bit? The fact that you think it's fine if she was hot, but presumably not if she was ugly (or a man) tells me you're thinking of FANTASY RAPE, not the ACTUAL EXPERIENCE of having somebody rip off your pants and molest you in front of 700 people without your consent. It's not gonna matter what they look like. It simply isn't OK.

Right the "hot " part gets to me.Rape is "good" if the person who rapes you is good looking..its "bad rape" if they are "ugly".

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It's part of showmanship. The proverbial elephant walking across the stage. The show must go on! I've had drunks fall right into my lap at shows without missing a beat.

I have had men grab my tits and crotch and I continued on selling computers without missing a beat.

Alceste

Vagabond
Hmm........

Not only that, but the media coverage generally blamed him for the assault, saying he'd somehow made her do it, or let her do it, or something along those lines. One paper even said he was sticking his junk in the mouths of all the girls in the front row as part of the show.

IMO, he should have pressed charges, she should have been dragged off the stage by security and arrested, etc. but due to our delusions about sex and sexual assault, he's basically got to keep however he felt about the whole thing to himself to protect his image. The security guards were probably thinking "Lucky guy!"

Titanic

I really do not know what to say.

Karl R

Thats why I dont agree even with the Texas law mentioned here.(no kidding) I dont think I'm "Sexaully assaulting" my husband if I start to "do things to him" when hes asleep unless he wakes up and says "stop it" ..(and I don't mean if hes unconscious) ..the assumption is he wakes up and "agrees" ..if he doesn't the assumption is I stop.
It also is an "agreement" with us.He's up for it anytime ,anywhere unless of course he says no.Which has been 2 times in ....30 years.
Due to your agreement, you have his consent, so it's not rape.

Let's say that I wake up in the middle of the night, I feel in the mood, so I start to penetrate my wife. She wakes up after I've started and tells me to stop it, so I do.

The following week, I wake up in the middle of the night, I feel in the mood, so I start to penetrate my wife. She wakes up after I've started and tells me to stop it, so I do.

The following week, the pattern continues. And the week after that. And the week after that.

Would you say that I haven't committed sexual assault just because I stop every time she tells me to?

Texas law assumes that "asleep" implies a lack of consent. It does not make an exception for your spouse. I'm not sure it should.