• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Male Bias

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Tis better than lying awake with fantasies of me....or scratching bed bug bites.
Why would I need to fantasise about you, with Mrs Badger lying beside me?
19065_1072674000.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'll remember that 'cos it could save my life one day.
Could we have a pic to assist with said regurgle.... regogit..... sicking ourselves silly?
Certainly you've run across Scots before....rummaging thru your
trash late at nite...lying in the gutter in their own crapulence.
Use your imagination.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The Baha'i Faith ranks highest in the world consistently with women in the structure of the faith and in administrative positions than any other church or religion including the Unitarian Universalists..

Not high enough, methinks.
In a Bahai World women would be excluded from many positions and jobs, but at this time such policies seem to be submerged within the writings, only to surface as control is gained. True?

Here is just one such Bahai passage which excludes women from positions of authority when Spiritual Assemblies will become Houses of Justice in localities and countries.........

101. Kitab Aqdas
Question: Concerning the law on treasure trove.
Answer: Should a treasure be found, one-third thereof is the right of the discoverer, and the other two-thirds should be expended by the men of the House of Justice for the welfare of all people. This shall be done after the establishment of the House of Justice, and until that time it shall be committed to the keeping of trustworthy persons in each locality and territory. He, in truth, is the Ruler, the Ordainer, the Omniscient, the All-Informed.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Certainly you've run across Scots before....rummaging thru your
trash late at nite...lying in the gutter in their own crapulence.
Use your imagination.

You must have been thinking of the residents of Bayswater and Mayfair there.

Them Scots is very civilised, and since devious up-skirt photography is now a criminal offence there's no chance to throw a full-on sicky with any images of Scots.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Not high enough, methinks.
In a Bahai World women would be excluded from many positions and jobs, but at this time such policies seem to be submerged within the writings, only to surface as control is gained. True?

Here is just one such Bahai passage which excludes women from positions of authority when Spiritual Assemblies will become Houses of Justice in localities and countries.........

101. Kitab Aqdas
Question: Concerning the law on treasure trove.
Answer: Should a treasure be found, one-third thereof is the right of the discoverer, and the other two-thirds should be expended by the men of the House of Justice for the welfare of all people. This shall be done after the establishment of the House of Justice, and until that time it shall be committed to the keeping of trustworthy persons in each locality and territory. He, in truth, is the Ruler, the Ordainer, the Omniscient, the All-Informed.

Many positions?!?!?!

Only the Universal House of Justice as far as your reference is concerned. Where do you get 'many positions.'

None the less it remains a fact that women hold more positions in the Houses of Justice and Administrative positions than any other religion of the world including the UU.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Many positions?!?!?!

Only the Universal House of Justice as far as your reference is concerned. Where do you get 'many positions.'

None the less it remains a fact that women hold more positions in the Houses of Justice and Administrative positions than any other religion of the world including the UU.

Do you honestly think that the (World) Universal House of Justice is going to concern itself with a treasure trove found in a field in, say, Ireland?

The reference is to local and national houses of justice, I think. And it will be men who handle such funds.

Now, what is the Bahai Policy about what women should best devote their lives to?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Do you honestly think that the (World) Universal House of Justice is going to concern itself with a treasure trove found in a field in, say, Ireland?

The reference is to local and national houses of justice, I think. And it will be men who handle such funds.

Now, what is the Bahai Policy about what women should best devote their lives to?

Your dealing in hypothetcals. I deal in facts. You have not responded to the facts.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Your dealing in hypothetcals. I deal in facts. You have not responded to the facts.
So you say, but you failed to respond to my question, thus:-
I guess you didn't want to tell uis all about the above, because you insisted how much better Bahai is at emancipation than 'all the other religions in the World, as if you know them all........... do you?

So you pointed as far away from Bahai as possible, and so let me bring you back with some facts.

1. Please could you tell us the facts about how in a Bahai World women would inherit less than the men in their families?

2. Please could you tell us the facts about how in a Bahai World women cannot inherit property at all?

3. Please could you tell us the facts about how in a Bahai World women are given specific roles separate to men, and how these roles could inhibit their progress in other theatres of life?

4. Please could you tell us the facts about how in a Bahai World women would commit a criminal offence if they should marry bigamously, but men would not be?

5. Please could you tell us the facts about how in a Bahai World men are considered to be the Heads of their families?

6. Please could you tell us the facts about how in a Bahai World Men have the financial responsibility, thus the authority?

7. Please could you tell us the facts about how in a Bahai World Bride grooms will pay in gold and other dowries for their brides? How will Bahai women fel about being purchased one family to another?

8. Please could you tell us the facts about how at the present time, is it true that when couples stay at the Bahai World Centre that Fathers carry out the duties and Mothers are expected to remain with their children?

There are more questions seeking facts, but I'd be immensely impressed if I received straight answers with true facts about the above.

Thanking you in anticipation of some facts.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
This male bias seems to be distributed through our society and I am not sure if it is from God, or just the chemical Testosterone? I once has a man gently scold me for checking my oil in a service station, "No, no Sister, what is in here is not for woman... ".
Probably testosterone and the sheer size and strength difference have roles to play, but it seems to me that as modern civilized humans, we should be more concerned for justice, fairness, equality, and etc. Male mistreatment of women has no place in our societies.

But apparently a large minority of the population (especially Christians and other religious people) disagree. So this predicament will likely not change much. At least women can vote now (why did it take so long?)