• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making phony babies just makes the world more horrible.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Promote not reproducing by any method.
Would you support requiring sterilization to qualify for government benefits to support your child?
How about requiring sterilization to qualify if the government is already supporting the children you have, and you get pregnant against?
Tom

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Would you support requiring sterilization to qualify for government benefits to support your child?
How about requiring sterilization to qualify if the government is already supporting the children you have, and you get pregnant against?
Tom

I think we should try to develop reversible vasectomies (or some other reversible sterilization).

Then, we sterilize all babies at birth.

Later, when they decide they want children, give a free reversal. Give a free re-sterilization later if requested.

Suddenly, the number of unwanted pregnancies drops to almost zero (and is limited to those who already have children and haven't had a re-sterilization). And issues of government support like above become mostly moot.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Tom
You've missed my meaning about "any method", which was
about methods of reproduction....not methods of promotion.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think we should try to develop reversible vasectomies (or some other reversible sterilization).

When all this becomes feasible, proven, technology the moral equations will change. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm talking about now.
Tom

Jonathan Bailey

@Jonathan Bailey

Here is a conundrum for you.
A married couple could not have children, the husband was infertile. They looked at IVF, impossible, his spermatozoa were essentially nonexistent. They considered adoption but both really wanted a child with at least some of the parents DNA. They considered IVF with an anonymous surrogate male donor, it just seemed too impersonal. The conclusion they came to is take a surrogate father but conceive the natural way.

Where do you stand on a child conceived this way

No child should be conceived in this case. The unselfish thing to do is adopt. Wanting a child with some of the parents' DNA is selfish still.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
It is so beautiful when a man and woman become one flesh to bring a new beautiful life into this world. It is the most beautiful thing God or nature ever created. It is so beautiful that a human baby arises from a euphoric orgasm. It is so divine that an angel of a little baby come from a lovely warm vagina visited by a handsome penis. There is nothing beautiful about fertility clinics, cloning, Dixie cups or glass test tubes.

It is so beautiful that animals bring new life into the world by becoming one flesh as a stallion and a mare and a dog and a b_tch.

It is so beautiful that when it is against the will of God or nature for a man and woman to become one flesh to bring a new life into the world that a responsible married couple with means take a child in need into the home to provide for him or her and give him or her love, discipline and proper guidance.

Adoption is charitable and even a Christian thing to do. It is a selfless service to humanity.
Oh, please. Most of us are here just because our parents decided to **** without using birth control. It ain't miraculous or necessarily loving or beautiful. A penis ejaculated in or near a vagina. So what.

"Handsome penis". o_O

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member

Later, when they decide they want children, give a free reversal. Give a free re-sterilization later if requested.

Suddenly, the number of unwanted pregnancies drops to almost zero (and is limited to those who already have children and haven't had a re-sterilization). And issues of government support like above become mostly moot.
You never want to give the government such control. That's a dystopian nightmare. Leave the bodies of children alone.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No child should be conceived in this case. The unselfish thing to do is adopt. Wanting a child with some of the parents' DNA is selfish still.

How selfish is it to deny a parent the joy of knowing the child is truly theirs? How selfish is it for you to deny them their freedom of emotion and freedom of choice?

I am guessing you dont have children of your own, am i right?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How selfish is it to deny a parent the joy of knowing the child is truly theirs? How selfish is it for you to deny them their freedom of emotion and freedom of choice?

I am guessing you dont have children of your own, am i right?
But, but what if the unnatural processes cause the baby to be born with a mustache? Or even worse, a beard!!:eek:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But, but what if the unnatural processes cause the baby to be born with a mustache? Or even worse, a beard!!:eek:

I can live with that (assuming a male ;-). It took me 20 years to gey hubby to grow a full set of face fungus

There are actually quite a lot of new born children with facial hair, and shoulders and back. More common in prem births but still common in full term. It usually gets rubbed off in a few days.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Passing out morals with one hand and taking from others
with the other.
Exactly that. According to Jesus, the poor lady gave more than everybody else when she gave her money to charity. Jesus basically made his disciples take a vow of poverty and them still to keep giving to the poor. But to preach "godly morals and society" and whine about facial hair and confused gender roles and then claim you can't give to charity because you need it?
That's about as Christian as it gets.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
In the event, I will wager you live in material splendor
compared to millions in the third world.
I'm glad I didn't have to point out the fact that he is rich compared to most people on the planet.

You microchinkettes rock!
Tom