• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making phony babies just makes the world more horrible.

Jonathan Bailey

Living things should only be made as nature or God intended.

The Catholic church frowns upon artificial insemination, test-tube babies, cloning and other unnatural means of manufacturing "life" and so do I. I would even avoid buying a "dog" fabricated by artificial insemination as well.

If a woman can't get pregnant by a man in the natural way, then the married couple should adopt a nature-made child or more instead of cooking up some monster in the womb with science-fiction-like technology .

Stop being selfish: adopt. Mother Nature doesn't want you to reproduce for a reason if you are not fertile.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Catholic Church would do well to mind its own business.
Others should be free to do things which harm only the
religious sensibilities of busy bodies.
I'll wager that if the Pope needed open heart surgery, he'd
all of a sudden be in favor of extreme "unnatural" medical
intervention, his being a Frankenstein's "monster" notwithstanding.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Shame on the OP for daring to call a child a "monster." That baby has done nothing wrong, and certainly does not deserve to be thought of as a "cooked up monster" or "science fiction creature." The child is still a human being regardless of your opinions and thoughts of artificial insemination.

Iymus

The Catholic church frowns upon artificial insemination, test-tube babies, cloning and other unnatural means of manufacturing "life" and so do I. I would even avoid buying a "dog" fabricated by artificial insemination as well.

If a woman can't get pregnant by a man in the natural way, then the married couple should adopt a nature-made child or more instead of cooking up some monster in the womb with science-fiction-like technology .

Stop being selfish: adopt. Mother Nature doesn't want you to reproduce for a reason if you are not fertile.

It may not be soo simple or black and white in regards to artificial insemination.

Possible problem I see with artificial insemination however is that certain people will find a way to push the envelope into other methods that seem problematic leading to a human 2.0 so to speak.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Galateasdream

Well, I look forward to post-human generically modified beings being born from artifical wombs ...

But I also dislike the destruction of human embryos.

So long as we can have one without the other I'm all for it.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

The Roman Church needs to leave the ancient world and face the 21st century. There are moral and ethical issues that need to be taken into consideration in the contemporary word, but living in the ancient past does not address them.

Artificial insemination is natural insemination

Jonathan Bailey

They're still made using egg and sperm. There's little unnatural about that.
The Dixie cup, silly. Exposure to light. Who knows what DNA corruption occurs when sperms and eggs are handled unnaturally? What if the so-called "baby" is "conceived" without a soul in this unnatural fashion?

Don't fool around with the devil's craft.

Jonathan Bailey

The Roman Church needs to leave the ancient world and face the 21st century. There are moral and ethical issues that need to be taken into consideration in the contemporary word, but living in the ancient past does not address them.

Artificial insemination is natural insemination
That's a lie. I don't believe in it. There should be a law against it.
Stop being so God-awful selfish and adopt if you can't do it the way nature and God intended.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

What about Parthenogenesis?

Parthenogenesis and Human Assisted Reproduction

And if you really want to just stick with the religious route on it.....

Didn't God, you know, artificially inseminate Mary?

epronovost

Stop being so God-awful selfish and adopt if you can't do it the way nature and God intended.

Nature and your deity, if it exist and has such power, certainly "intended" us to be extremely smart; so smart that we would be able to use our brilliance to mold the world to our needs. Science and technology are part of nature just as ourselves.

PS: Nature cannot "intend" anything. It has no consciousness and no agency.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The burden of proof would be upon you. How do you think that light would affect DNA? Seriously, take a science class or two before trying to make something illegal based upon your own ignorance. That is far from moral behavior on your part.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It may not be soo simple or black and white in regards to artificial insemination.

Possible problem I see with artificial insemination however is that certain people will find a way to push the envelope into other methods that seem problematic leading to a human 2.0 so to speak.

Assuming you mean potential risks with genetic engineering, sure, caution and limits (at least for now) are warranted. But the OP was not about potential side effects of genetic engineering.

Jonathan Bailey

What about Parthenogenesis?

Parthenogenesis and Human Assisted Reproduction

And if you really want to just stick with the religious route on it.....

Didn't God, you know, artificially inseminate Mary?

If the bible is true then anything done by God is natural. Michelangelo has God wearing clothes on the Sistine Chapel ceiling. I wonder if God would wear clothes if he were real. Adam and Eve certainly didn't use any Dixie cup or test tube to bring Cain and Abel along.

Jonathan Bailey

The burden of proof would be upon you. How do you think that light would affect DNA? Seriously, take a science class or two before trying to make something illegal based upon your own ignorance. That is far from moral behavior on your part.

I don't know for a fact but why even take a chance that it might?