• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mafia Game Thread: The Heir Of Don Comet

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I won't have nightfall till one is lynched, otherwise it is an unfair advantage for the MAFIA. Yet, due to the EBS's announcement and a question posed:

IT WILL NOW TAKE ONLY TWO ACCUSATIONS TO PUT SOMEBODY ON TRIAL! I WILL GIVE THE TRIAL 3 DAYS OR SO, SINCE THAT WILL END THE HOLIDAYS: IT WILL BE A MAJORITY RULE ON THE TRIAL... EVEN IF ONLY TWO VOTE!

One accusation of Don P by Comacaze
One accusation of Rojse by Trouble
One accusation of Darkness by Lumi
One accusation of Circle by Jonsul
One accusation of Lumi by 9-10ths

(I put this off for a long time now due to the season, and the 60+ inches of snow we've had here)

Last edited:

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Well, actually, reading more into it, Luminous' actions have put him into suspicion. NOTE: I'm not voting for him (yet), just wishing for a discussion. Now why would the doctor out themselves as the doctor? Granted, the Bodyguard can protect them and such, but now, whoever is the Bodyguard has no choice but to protect the person who outed themselves as the doctor.

Now suppose Luminous is Mafia. If this were the case, claiming to be the doctor would supposedly throw off suspicion. Now the Bodyguard has little choice but to protect the person who openly claims to be the doctor, so no actual villager would be protected. Also, note one of his earlier posts:
Luminous said:
P.I. : Private Message me so i can heal you. (Or, not since killing you right when night comes (after the lynch) would probably be random. BUT IT IS POSSIBLE!)
If the PI actually did so, they would be the first one dead, leaving us with no way to tell who truly is Mafia. They would already have 2 non-mafia out of the way before the lynching. And if we eliminate Luminous as a possible suspect, then we have less chance of actually lynching Mafia. I would also assume that he would try to throw suspicion off of others who ARE Mafia.
Luminous said:
ROJSE! hasn't even come back to check what role he has gotten so...

i THOUGHT: "if we make a mistake at all we have lost!".
wHY ARE YOU ACCUSING rOJSE?

If Rojse is innocent and he is lynched we are all doomed.
Now I can't be sure, but it just makes me wonder.

Sorry if you guys have already thought of this, I'm new to this game and just realized it, lol.

And it's possible that I'm overthinking, haha.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
picture.php

Can you guys make that out?

Luminous

non-existential luminary
*9-10ths_Penguin* Citizen
you called yourself a "citizen" and you were one of the first three to chat; so if Comet's pattern is correct one of the first three is Mafia.
I accuse 9-10ths_Penguin

currently:
One accusation of Don P by Comacaze
One accusation of Rojse by Trouble
One accusation of 9-10ths by Luminous
One accusation of Circle by Jonsul
One accusation of Lumi by 9-10ths

Last edited:

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Luminous is somewhat suspicious. Like many have already stated, he gives us no proof that he is the Doctor. And he is mighty eager to accuse everyone under the sun. I motion that Luminous be brought to trial.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Luminous is now on trial with two accusations.

GUILTY:
9-10ths
Darkness

NOT GUILTY:
Trouble

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger

GUILTY:
9-10ths
Darkness

NOT GUILTY:
Trouble
Circle

Circle_One

Well... Lumi's on restricted status for a week and so won't be able to post. Should we then all vote him guilty in order to move the game along, or should we wait until he returns?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
If you vote lumi guilty, you are likely voting for the game to end... if Luminous is the doctor(and no one else came forward to refute that he is...), we lose...

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If you vote lumi guilty, you are likely voting for the game to end... if Luminous is the doctor(and no one else came forward to refute that he is...), we lose...
But the same could be said for anyone. There are ten people, four of whom are mafia. If we hang a citizen today, then we'll be down to five citizens to four mafia. The only chance the town has then is that the mafia pick someone who's protected by the doctor or the bodyguard, otherwise we'd end up half-and-half mafia and citizens.

I guess we have to decide whether Luminous is telling the truth or whether he's lying as part of some ruse. I just don't see why the real doctor would paint a target on his back by outing himself. I know it's not much to go on, but I think it's more than we've got for anyone else.

Circle_One

But the same could be said for anyone. There are ten people, four of whom are mafia. If we hang a citizen today, then we'll be down to five citizens to four mafia. The only chance the town has then is that the mafia pick someone who's protected by the doctor or the bodyguard, otherwise we'd end up half-and-half mafia and citizens.

I guess we have to decide whether Luminous is telling the truth or whether he's lying as part of some ruse. I just don't see why the real doctor would paint a target on his back by outing himself. I know it's not much to go on, but I think it's more than we've got for anyone else.

Because maybe he's hoping that by doing so, the bodyguard will protect him, and then he'll have an alliance to work with. People have done it in other games.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Because maybe he's hoping that by doing so, the bodyguard will protect him, and then he'll have an alliance to work with. People have done it in other games.
Or he could be mafia, trying to get the bodyguard to protect him instead of a citizen. That's my big worry.

Circle_One

Or he could be mafia, trying to get the bodyguard to protect him instead of a citizen. That's my big worry.

Absolutely that could be the case. And with no one else chiming in and saying they're the doctor, we don't really have anything to go by. C'est une probleme.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger

GUILTY:
9-10ths
Darkness

NOT GUILTY:
Trouble
Circle
Mister Emu