• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

love your neighbour

leibowde84

Veteran Member
because people shun it? I think people have the problem not religion. people try to degrade religion all the time.
No. I'm saying that something cannot be undeniable when it can be reasonably and logically denied as being true.

syo

No. I'm saying that something cannot be undeniable when it can be reasonably and logically denied as being true.
religion is the oneway street to happiness. you can deny religion but if you deny religion, you deny happiness.

syo

You're not making any sense. If it isn't your belief, why would you claim: 'we shun religion, that is why we suffer...'?
religion is an option. we either accept it or deny it. we don't make up religion, religion is an objective truth given to us by god.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I showed him defeat.
Others can handle the love side of his self improvement.
Just letting it be known that Revoltingest JUST DROPPED THE SICKEST ONE-LINER OF ALL TIME

Also gonna quote a Jedi proverb here: "Only the reconciled enemy ís truly vanquished." Now excuse me while I attempt to compose myself...
giphy.gif

QuestioningMind

what? not objective truth from god?

You apparently can't seem to make up your mind on the matter. One minute you're stating: "''love your neighbour'' isn't my particular belief. it is ordered by religion." And in the next claiming that: "religion is an objective truth given to us by god."

Which is it? Is it an objective truth given by god or is it not your particular belief? If it's not your particular belief, why the heck would you say that it's an objective truth given by god?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It is. But the tricky part comes later when Jesus tell us through parable who are neighbor is.
True, and it's unfortunate that all too many ignore the fact that his use of "neighbor" obviously includes those who we might not even like or may even consider to be an enemy-- part of the "narrow gate" that's not that easy to get through.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
True, and it's unfortunate that all too many ignore the fact that his use of "neighbor" obviously includes those who we might not even like or may even consider to be an enemy-- part of the "narrow gate" that's not that easy to get through.
It is also more than a little shameful how some of our early rabbis chose to interpret ger as proselyte.