• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

love your neighbour

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Does this mean that you see humanity as improving over time? So many believers tell me about ongoing the decay and decadence in everything from our lives to our genomes. They see everything as getting worse in anticipation of famines, earthquakes, wars, and rumors of wars, and seem to welcome it.
We gradually improve in various aspects of life, yes. I like to think we're improving more when it comes to ethics, certainly. I don't see it in terms of some myth of progress, though. It's more recognizing something that was always there but was overshadowed and its view was distorted. I think humans are mostly good, but fragile. We can do great things, even in our fragility.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Because creation and the eternal is much bigger then our petty differences. Tribalism blinds us from seeing ourselves in "the other".
This seems to be an opinion based on a given that is not universally accepted as true rather than a reason tribalism should be silly in this day and age.

syo

What a bizarre claim. You start off saying that we should all treat one another as brothers and sisters, then end up by blaming everyone who doesn't follow your particular beliefs.
''love your neighbour'' isn't my particular belief. it is ordered by religion.

syo

That wasn't what I asked. I asked if government is a religion, according to your definition of the term religion?
goverment imitates religion but it's not religion at all. religions are undeniable truth, while goverments change their values.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
goverment imitates religion but it's not religion at all. religions are undeniable truth, while goverments change their values.
Religion couldn't be undeniable truth, though. There are countless deniers of every single religion. They aren't "undeniable truth" by any stretch of the imagination.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
''love your neighbour'' isn't my particular belief. it is ordered by religion.
Maybe yours. Not in mine. Love can't be ordered. People are encouraged to care about all beings.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
why tyrannical? I find it honest.
There is nothing good or moral about ordering people to love others. Love is either free and spontaneous that emerges from within or its not love.