• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Losing Our Religion - UK continues to non-belief

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
So great news on no religion? Wow ok and what is that supposed to mean? UK still practices throwing acid on innocent Muslims but yeah being irreligious makes you more ethical there.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Does that mean that they don't believe in some kind of higher power, i.e. God? Don't you think its kind of funny that they don't believe in a religion but they believe in a king and you became a king because you believed it is in God's plans, divine right.

We have a queen lol she's the head of the church of england but she's more our guidon.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Does that mean that they don't believe in some kind of higher power, i.e. God? Don't you think its kind of funny that they don't believe in a religion but they believe in a king and you became a king because you believed it is in God's plans, divine right.
We don't believe in a King!!! We are lumbered with a monarchy. Although it is turning into a type of theme park and fodder for the tabloid papers.
The Queen is head of the establishment church. The less power the church has the sooner we'll get rid of the monarchy too.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Is the UK becoming a better place with better human beings due to the decline in religion? Because if it isn't, I don't see why this statistic should make anyone happy.
Human beings are certainly no worse for being non-religious. The same article states that 70+% of the young generation are non-religious.
The future is bright, based on facts and science not myths and faith.

corynski

Reality First!
Premium Member
Is the UK becoming a better place with better human beings due to the decline in religion? Because if it isn't, I don't see why this statistic should make anyone happy.
I think of it as a vote for reason as opposed to superstition. Will England be a better country? Hopefully, if the people are more reasonable. Religion certainly doesn't seem to have any good effects upon America, we've been terrorizing the world for over a hundred years. Might not be a bad idea to see it all go up in smoke, who knows...... that is, if the global warming doesn't make us extinct by 2025

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The official genealogy of Queen Elizabeth says that she's descended from Wodin. Apparently, believing in the literal truth of the monarch's basis of authority hasn't been a thing for a long, long time.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I would say that yes, it is probably the case that the UK and the world as a whole are both better off for this decline. As is religion itself.

Numbers are not everything, and there is a place for considering the reasons for adherence before feeling happy for the adherence itself.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
We have a queen lol she's the head of the church of england but she's more our guidon.

The lion and the unicorn frolic in lanes
When the sense of belonging wanes
. . . and disdain and indifference reigns.
And the sense of meaning fades.
Then mediocrity reigns
, , , and no one gets wet.

. . . and the guidon carries the guidon, and so on . . .

Last edited:

DavidFirth

The British are not a united people anymore. Scotland looks to eventually secede while the Welsh are considering it. It's only a matter of time before N. Ireland starts to consider it also.

So much for atheism and the Union Jack.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The British are not a united people anymore. Scotland looks to eventually secede while the Welsh are considering it. It's only a matter of time before N. Ireland starts to consider it also.

So much for atheism and the Union Jack.
Whereas the religious areas of the world are all united....I think not.