• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Khadijah Ansari

Hi everyone!

I have been looking for sacred texts and other information for a number of faiths and was wondering if anyone around here can help me out?

I'm looking for information and the sacred texts for...

Sikhism
Hinduism
Buddhism
Zoroastrianism
Germanic / celtic paganism
Roman paganism
Greek Paganism
Slavic Paganism
Egyptian Paganism
and The left handed path.

I'm sure i'll find some stuff if I keep looking through the site but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what I could get in one location for future reference. If some of this stuff is already available and I have managed to miss it please let me know or post the article.

Thanks everyone!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hi everyone!

I have been looking for sacred texts and other information for a number of faiths and was wondering if anyone around here can help me out?

Sikhism
Hinduism
Buddhism
Zoroastrianism
Roman paganism
Greek Paganism
Slavic Paganism
Egyptian Paganism

I'm sure i'll find some stuff if I keep looking through the site but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what I could get in one location for future reference. If some of this stuff is already available and I have managed to miss it please let me know or post the article.

Thanks everyone!
In my country we have these wonderful things called Public Libraries. All you need is a card and then you are free to borrow a pile of books for a month at a time (two weeks on super popular books).

Khadijah Ansari

In my country we have these wonderful things called Public Libraries. All you need is a card and then you are free to borrow a pile of books for a month at a time (two weeks on super popular books).
Because every library has books on every subject I listed :D

Khadijah Ansari

Usually they do here. If a local branch does not have something they can order it in from the larger urban branches. Where are you living?
They have some stuff but I am having a hard time finding certain scriptures. I like in a decent sized city but it seems like there are only a few texts related to zoroastrianism and paganism.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
They have some stuff but I am having a hard time finding certain scriptures. I like in a decent sized city but it seems like there are only a few texts related to zoroastrianism and paganism.

Interlibrary loan. It's amazing, it's awesome, it is your best friend.

I'd also bear in mind that the concept of "sacred texts" might not really apply to some of the things on your list - or at least they apply in a very different sense than some other religious traditions. For Pagan religions in particular, there are not really "sacred texts" per se. What you will want to look for is typically marked as "mythology" or "folklore" in libraries and will be in different section. Smatterings of material will also be found where history and anthropology works are housed. It's kind of a mess, honestly.

For an internet resource, use this - Internet Sacred Text Archive Home

Keep in mind that the resources there are available because they're beyond copyright, so it contains a number of dated translations. In many cases you'd be better off using a public library (or even better, a university library) for a resource.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Hi everyone!

Sikhism
Hinduism
Buddhism
Zoroastrianism
Roman paganism
Greek Paganism
Slavic Paganism
Egyptian Paganism

Thanks everyone!
Hi Khadijah,
Sikh Sikhism Religion of the Sikh People
Hindu Srimad Bhagavad-Gita
Buddhism “the eightfold path” couldn’t find this one online but you could try downloading oceans which has a searchable online library of some world religions and should include Buddhism Baha'i Education
Zoroastrian AVESTA -- Zoroastrian Archives
For LHP and the various paganisms i’ll Leave to the experts.

Kind regards :)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Hi everyone!

Sikhism
Hinduism
Buddhism
Zoroastrianism
Roman paganism
Greek Paganism
Slavic Paganism
Egyptian Paganism

Thanks everyone!
Welcome to RF, my cousin.