• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life On Other Planets?

Super Universe

Defender of God
I'm sorry, i can't hear you over the tremendous farting noises coming from my computer.

You enjoy being disgusting, don't you?

You put up a wall to protect yourself from all the disappointing things that can happen in relationships, you close yourself off and feel safe and comfortable but it's time to deal with your past, deal with your life, and stop with the immaturity.

mr.guy

crapsack
You enjoy being disgusting, don't you?

You put up a wall to protect yourself from all the disappointing things that can happen in relationships, you close yourself off and feel safe and comfortable but it's time to deal with your past, deal with your life, and stop with the immaturity.
Hmm...nah.

rajakrsna

I'm sorry, i can't hear you over the tremendous farting noises coming from my computer.

Do you know that fart is the result of gas being evacuated from the intestinal tract after the food we ate have been digested & the rest eaten by micro-organisms that lived inside the tract? That the funny aroma of fart is due to chemicals Indole & skatole?:D

cardero

Citizen Mod
W00t writes: The world's media wouldn't be silenced if they had such a good story. No Government could keep it under wraps for long!

And they haven’t. There have been many shows throughout the years that have presented this information in a revealing, speculative light (Sightings, Encounters, Unsolved Mysteries, assorted documentaries on the History and Discovery Channel).

The news media would need the proof and evidence before they could ever make such a claim to their audiences and the government at this moment would never openly admit their involvement of the phenomenon for several reasons.

National Security. There still seems to be an underlying Cold War mentality in the back of government minds and if they did possess alien technology, they may still be trying to figure out how this technology works before anyone else knows about it. Other foreign governments might be participating in the same race with whatever evidence and resources they have.

Faith in the government. If it was ever exposed that the UFO phenomenon is a threat to this country and that the government could not protect it’s citizens from this threat (for example, the frequent reports of UFOs out-maneuvering jets, the fly-bys of sensitive installations, strange craft buzzing nuclear power plants, disabling our missile silos or the on-going UAD phenomenon and reported alien abductions) then the government loses credibility, support and faith from it’s citizens.

The government is in it too deeply. Many UFO researchers can only speculate what relationship the government has to this phenomenon, what knowledge the government posseses, what it is trying to keep secret, the measures it has enacted to keep this information from the public, and the cost and source of what money has been funded for such operations. The time to have come out with the truth (if they possessed it) would have been in the beginning and anything that they could tell us now would not be as crushing as the fact that they have lied to us all these years.

There is a part of me that doesn’t blame the government for reacting this way but there is another part of me that is going to have to be sympathetic towards them when and if any truth of their involvement is revealed. All I do know is that this will have an intense impact on our cultural, scientific, religious, social and economic perspective and that no particular branch of government will be able to handle the back draft.

rojse

RF Addict
How far would you go to get the one thing that would bring eternal salvation to your kind?

Please explain to me how inter-species sexual experiences brings religious salvation.

My statement did not contradict. What I said was intelligent aliens who had never heard of religion wouldn't be all that intelligent, which is my opinion.

Then I went on to explain how they are so incredibly smart that they have proven God's existence. Religion is not God, in fact, it barely has anything to do with Him at all.

I don't know how to respond to this. I don't understand why a species that is supposedly intelligent enough to have proven God's existence needs to obtain salvation through anal probing, and why it has managed to devise inter-solar system spacecraft, but has not found out a way to get what they want with anal probing. I don't understand why, if they are so intelligent, they need to perform what would is considered a sexual act, and have not devised something that works just as well, considering how often religion is against homosexuality. Even if these aliens need to anal probe people, I don't know why, with all of their supposed intellectual brilliance, they have not worked out a plan to kidnap a few people, and create a breeding colony, or clone them, for their anal probing purposes.

Apart from that, religion has everything to do with God. It is the way people use to try and commune with God, and churches and the like are just a fancy way of having a group of people try to get at him at the same time, through the help of a guide.

Francine

Faith in the government. If it was ever exposed that the UFO phenomenon is a threat to this country and that the government could not protect it’s citizens from this threat (for example, the frequent reports of UFOs out-maneuvering jets, the fly-bys of sensitive installations, strange craft buzzing nuclear power plants, disabling our missile silos or the on-going UAD phenomenon and reported alien abductions) then the government loses credibility, support and faith from it’s citizens.

Gosh, no credibility, that would be terrible. Uh, we are talking about the same government that did nothing while New Orleans was flooded so the black voters would be cleaned out of there, right? The same government that lied about WMDs so we could invade Iraq, that fired US Attorneys for purely political reasons, that "lost" 5 million emails, that spies on American phone calls without a warrant, that spends $12 billion dollars a month (borrowed from our grandchildren) on the Occupation but lets a bridge on the Interstate collapse from disrepair?

cardero

Citizen Mod
Gosh, no credibility, that would be terrible. Uh, we are talking about the same government that did nothing while New Orleans was flooded so the black voters would be cleaned out of there, right? The same government that lied about WMDs so we could invade Iraq, that fired US Attorneys for purely political reasons, that "lost" 5 million emails, that spies on American phone calls without a warrant, that spends $12 billion dollars a month (borrowed from our grandchildren) on the Occupation but lets a bridge on the Interstate collapse from disrepair?
It's surprising I know but the millions of people that still line up to the polls every year insists that faith and hope in the government still remain. Jimmy Carter, as president, once proclaimed to get to the bottom of the UFO phenomenon and make it's results public. I wonder what aspects made him change his mind.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Please explain to me how inter-species sexual experiences brings religious salvation.

I don't know how to respond to this. I don't understand why a species that is supposedly intelligent enough to have proven God's existence needs to obtain salvation through anal probing, and why it has managed to devise inter-solar system spacecraft, but has not found out a way to get what they want with anal probing. I don't understand why, if they are so intelligent, they need to perform what would is considered a sexual act, and have not devised something that works just as well, considering how often religion is against homosexuality. Even if these aliens need to anal probe people, I don't know why, with all of their supposed intellectual brilliance, they have not worked out a plan to kidnap a few people, and create a breeding colony, or clone them, for their anal probing purposes.

Apart from that, religion has everything to do with God. It is the way people use to try and commune with God, and churches and the like are just a fancy way of having a group of people try to get at him at the same time, through the help of a guide.

Maybe they just like sticking things up peoples butts :shrug:

Popeyesays

Finding other life would only affirm my beliefs, although personally I think the "intelligent" life may be quite a rare commodity in our galaxy, if not the universe. The reason I say this is that we have found no evidence of alien civilizations, even though the universe is billions of years old, and many alien civilizations could have evolved in that time period. One would think that at least one would have left evidence of itself somewhere along the line, but who knows, only time will tell.

Over the distances and millenia involved how could we possibly perceive this evidence?

Regards, Scott

Super Universe

Defender of God

You're really stuck on this alien sexual thing, aren't you? Humans are intelligent yet they still perform sexual acts with animals.

Why don't aliens just kidnap people and form a breeding colony? What better breeding colony could they have than the earth itself? They don't have to take a few and go away because there's nothing we can do to stop them as it is.

You don't understand why they come here and do the things they do? They come here because the human body is a soul carrier and their bodies are not. They know God exists. They know there is a heaven and they know they are simply biological robots with no hope of ever getting there.

You might ask yourself this, if God is for religion how come every single prophet in history was someone who was not a priest or rabbi or leading member of a religion? Every single one...

Popeyesays

"You might ask yourself this, if God is for religion how come every single prophet in history was someone who was not a priest or rabbi or leading member of a religion? Every single one..."

Interesting point but it doews not require "aliens". The clergy of one religion has nothing to gain and everything to lose by supporting a new religion in its infancy. The only reason any would do so is becaquse they are truly convinced of the qauthority of the new religion and by accepting it they give up any status, etc. they might have held due to their position in the clergy.

Regards,

Scott

Super Universe

Defender of God
"You might ask yourself this, if God is for religion how come every single prophet in history was someone who was not a priest or rabbi or leading member of a religion? Every single one..."

Interesting point but it doews not require "aliens". The clergy of one religion has nothing to gain and everything to lose by supporting a new religion in its infancy. The only reason any would do so is becaquse they are truly convinced of the qauthority of the new religion and by accepting it they give up any status, etc. they might have held due to their position in the clergy.

Regards,

Scott

No, that point does not require aliens. We had two discussions going on at the same time, this was meant to address his idea that religion represents God. It doesn't.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
There is nothing in the Bible to suggest that there isn't intelligent life on other planets.

How would it effect your faith if you discovered that not only are there intelligent aliens out there, but they have never heard of the concept of religion, and have discovered scientifically how the universe was formed?

Nope. It wouldn't affect my beliefs. LDS scriptures don't only say life on other planets is possible but that life on other planets is a reality.

Popeyesays

That's what the ongoing scanning of the sky for intelligent signals program is all about, with many amateurs involved.

SETI is largely conerned with amateurs today because the pros have pretty well given it up. There are a great many radio frequencies to search and a vast amount of sky.

Suyppose the last intelligent signals reached us on September `5th, 1870 CE. Nobody was listening.

Or suppose those signals don't reach us for 10,000 years and we have no interest in radio bands anymore.

It's certainly worth the effort to loisten, but it's a damn long shot listening will pay off.

Regards,
Scott

Super Universe

Defender of God
SETI is largely conerned with amateurs today because the pros have pretty well given it up. There are a great many radio frequencies to search and a vast amount of sky.

Suyppose the last intelligent signals reached us on September `5th, 1870 CE. Nobody was listening.

Or suppose those signals don't reach us for 10,000 years and we have no interest in radio bands anymore.

It's certainly worth the effort to loisten, but it's a damn long shot listening will pay off.

Regards,
Scott

There's never going to be any intelligent signals because the energy required to send a signal from one system to another is equal to the energy output of the sun.

logician

An advanced civilization may well figure out how to send out high energy signals that could be detected many light years away, I don't think that can be ruled out.

Francine

An advanced civilization may well figure out how to send out high energy signals that could be detected many light years away, I don't think that can be ruled out.

The smart ones will lay low, and practice radio silence, lest they advertise their existence to enemies.