• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life beyond Earth has finally been found; or so it seems

Is there possibly life on Saturn's moon Cassini-?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

james dixon

Premium Member

There is a moon circling Saturn that has a warm core, covered in ice and spewing geysers. With a green hew around the geyser points.

Explanation: This cylindrical projection global map is one of six new color maps of Saturn's midsized icy moons, constructed using 10 years of image data from the Cassini spacecraft. Discovered by Cassini (the astronomer) in 1684, Dione is about 1,120 kilometers across. Based on data extending from infrared to ultraviolet, the full resolution of this latest space-age map is 250 meters per pixel. The remarkable brightness difference between the tidally locked moon's lighter leading hemisphere (right) and darker trailing hemisphere clearly stands out. Like other Saturn moons orbiting within the broad E-ring, Dione's leading hemisphere is kept shiny as it picks up a coating of the faint ring's icy material. The E-ring material is constantly replenished by geysers on moon Enceladus' south pole. Lighter, younger surface fractures also appear to cross the dark, cratered trailing hemisphere.

Saturn's moon Cassini

https://tinyurl.com/yc3pyhlw

https://tinyurl.com/y7ag455x

Is this life or not-?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It's where the green man on the moon went to when they saw man coming.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
how does color = life? I didn't go hunt the NASA images up, but are these true color?

The intensity of the sunlight at Saturn is a tiny fraction of what it is at Earth, so any photosynthetic life would probably not be green, more likely close to black to our eyes...

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Technically all celestial bodies of rock with water (H2O), including our moon if it were given an atmosphere, are likely candidates for carbon-based life. And that’s assuming all life requires our same building blocks.

Jumi

Possible, but I doubt that this is it. Colors don't mean much by themselves. I'm sure if life had been found conclusively there, we would be watching a big announcement.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

There is a moon circling Saturn that has a warm core, covered in ice and spewing geysers. With a green hew around the geyser points.

Explanation: This cylindrical projection global map is one of six new color maps of Saturn's midsized icy moons, constructed using 10 years of image data from the Cassini spacecraft. Discovered by Cassini (the astronomer) in 1684, Dione is about 1,120 kilometers across. Based on data extending from infrared to ultraviolet, the full resolution of this latest space-age map is 250 meters per pixel. The remarkable brightness difference between the tidally locked moon's lighter leading hemisphere (right) and darker trailing hemisphere clearly stands out. Like other Saturn moons orbiting within the broad E-ring, Dione's leading hemisphere is kept shiny as it picks up a coating of the faint ring's icy material. The E-ring material is constantly replenished by geysers on moon Enceladus' south pole. Lighter, younger surface fractures also appear to cross the dark, cratered trailing hemisphere.

Saturn's moon Cassini

https://tinyurl.com/yc3pyhlw

https://tinyurl.com/y7ag455x

Is this life or not-?

Life might exist on Dione or a couple of other places, but this is not yet a discovery of such.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no life in Europe. Everyone there is dead inside.
Since @Terese wished me to respond I will give my secret.

Yes, we are. It's what you always you always feared Tumah:

I'm a vampire.

So it's not that we're dead inside, per se, we're undead.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Life might exist on Dione or a couple of other places, but this is not yet a discovery of such.

The possibility is subterranean or subsurface life associated with bodies of water, and ground water, heated by the interior heat of the moons.

Last edited: