• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leviticus 23 Holy days

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Google can take one to many calendars, karaite ortodox JewISH, Mesianics etc. etc.(some come out at different dates)

As long as one has the will to try and move closer to our Creator and His instructions, one can never be wrong.

He looks at the Heart. Not so?

;)

Ok, Ok, He looks at works as well.:)
And now I have a very good reason and inspiration to learn how to figure this out on my own... Can't trust "The Google".

roberto

And now I have a very good reason and inspiration to learn how to figure this out on my own... Can't trust "The Google".

I always say to my friends here in the Nations that our Father gave Israel a torch the night they moved out of Egypt so that they do/did not stumble over the stones.

This should be the test for any Calendar one follows: >

"...If you don't choose the correct day for the 1st day of a new Hebrew month, then the middle of the month is wrong! Since the "month", as described by the moon is either 29 or 30 days (it averages 29.53 days), then the middle of the month is either the 14th or the 15th day of the month - it can't be any other day. That means that a full or nearly full moon, must rise at the sunset of the 14th! It also means that the moon will be seen to pass through its full phase from the 14th to the 15th or the 15th to the 16th! It also means that if the moon rises at sunset on the 14th and the moon is already past full, then you know you got the wrong day for the beginning of the month! It also means that if the moon rises well after the sunset, and your calendar says it is only the 14th, then you got the wrong day for the start of the month!..."

So the night you start Pesach look up at the Moon.;)

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
.If you don't choose the correct day for the 1st day of a new Hebrew month
So, I know this method would be error prone... but if one can trust that the omer is counted correctly, could that be used to derive the correct 1st day of the month. If everyone counts the omer, then it would be, maybe, harder for errors to creep in. And since this is a crowd sourced solution, it's kind of cool in principle?

Although that doesn't solve the problem if one is in the wilderness, and it's cloudy or whatever, I'm just curious about your feed back on this? The omer? can it be trusted for calendar calculations as an authoritative starting point?

roberto

.................... but if one can trust that the omer is counted correctly, could that be used to derive the correct 1st day of the month. If everyone counts the omer, then it would be, maybe, harder for errors to creep in.

The start of the counting of the omer is dependent on correctly determining the start of Pesach, not the other way around. You are reasoning like the Karites now in which they reason to discover first the Barley, then determining the start of Pesach.

Exo 23:2 Do not follow the crowd when it does what is wrong; and don't allow the popular view to sway you into offering testimony for any cause if the effect will be to pervert justice.

Last edited:

roberto

Talmud - Mas. Avodah Zarah 3a

The nations will then plead. ‘Offer us the Torah anew and we shall obey it.’ But the Holy One,
blessed be He, will say to them, ‘You foolish ones among peoples, he who took trouble [to prepare]
on the eve of the Sabbath can eat on the Sabbath, but he who has not troubled on the eve of the
Sabbath, what shall he eat on the Sabbath? Nevertheless, I have an easy command which is called
Sukkah; go and carry it out.

:(

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Talmud - Mas. Avodah Zarah 3a

The nations will then plead. ‘Offer us the Torah anew and we shall obey it.’ But the Holy One,
blessed be He, will say to them, ‘You foolish ones among peoples, he who took trouble [to prepare]
on the eve of the Sabbath can eat on the Sabbath, but he who has not troubled on the eve of the
Sabbath, what shall he eat on the Sabbath? Nevertheless, I have an easy command which is called
Sukkah; go and carry it out.

:(
That's an odd quote; building a sukkah is not super easy... I wonder if the quote actually means a literal sukkah? Hmmmm... I'm reading Avodah Zarah 3 right now to see if there are clues to help solve this mystery: "What does the Talmud mean when it speaks about The Nations building a sukkah?"

rosends

That's an odd quote; building a sukkah is not super easy... I wonder if the quote actually means a literal sukkah? Hmmmm... I'm reading Avodah Zarah 3 right now to see if there are clues to help solve this mystery: "What does the Talmud mean when it speaks about The Nations building a sukkah?"
If you continue to read, you will see the results of God's offer.

roberto

The "fake Jews"?

Nope go read ephesians 2 :

Eph 2:11 Therefore remember that once you, the Gentiles in the flesh.................
Eph 2:12 that you were at that time separate from Messiah, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel
Eph 2:13 But now in Messiah Yeshua you who once were far off are made near...(Hosea)
Eph 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones, and of the household of God

What dear Terry Sampson is meant by fellow citizens? If you become a citizen of a country like Portugal for instance, what will people call you ? a German or South African ?

Same as with the country of Israel.

Xtians confounded by the Book they profess to know?:(

Terry Sampson, can you explain what is meant over here:

Mat 15:24 He said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Isra'el."

That the Messiah was not sent to the Christians or Jews?

So why then do Christians want to proselytize Jews to jesus?:(

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
If you continue to read, you will see the results of God's offer.
Yup... I'm still reading... and trying to figure out if there's a way to explain it...

The first thing that people reading this will need to know is... What is a sukkah?

So I dug up a picture of my first sukkah :) it was about 8 years ago.

upload_2019-12-2_2-56-19.png

If you look closely... you can see my neighbor's sukkah on the other side of the fence.

Funny story... I had to use their sukkah that year... due to high winds. Apparently I have a very strong table in there... the Sukkah tho needed a bit of a re-design.

upload_2019-12-2_2-59-36.png

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@rosends,

Part of my explanation ( if I choose to offer it ) would include Lev 23:42... and I think you know me well enough by now to know that I'm examining each and every word of that verse. In your opinion, do you think I could get spun off course if i look too closely at the words and start "wondering" things about what it "might" be saying?

roberto

@rosends,

Part of my explanation ( if I choose to offer it ) would include Lev 23:42... and I think you know me well enough by now to know that I'm examining each and every word of that verse. In your opinion, do you think I could get spun off course if i look too closely at the words and start "wondering" things about what it "might" be saying?

Lev 23:42 You are to live in sukkot for seven days; every citizen of Isra'el is to live in a sukkah,......

We do.;)

roberto

".......In your opinion, do you think I could get spun off course if i look too closely at the words and start "wondering" things about what it "might" be saying?......."

:)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
".......In your opinion, do you think I could get spun off course if i look too closely at the words and start "wondering" things about what it "might" be saying?......."

:)
Hey, It's important. I don't want to waste time chasing my own tail...

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Lev 23:42 You are to live in sukkot for seven days; every citizen of Isra'el is to live in a sukkah,......

We do.;)
'Yisra'el' not 'Isra'el' :) See what I mean... in my mind. Isra'el is totally different than Yisra'el. Techically, the word in the verse is not Israel, it's Yisrael... That's the type of nut-baggery that can happen in my brain if I get hung up staring at the words too closely.

rosends

@rosends,

There is a long tradition of looking at every word and considering its implications as the choice of no word is random.