• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left Wing Conspiracy Theories Debunked

Daemon Sophic

We are all familiar with the myriad of fantasy-land conspiracy theories that have arisen from right wing media including
- Global warming is a lie....or....It’s all natural, and we humans can’t and shouldn’t do anything about it.
- Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction
- President Obama is a Muslim mole and a terrorist
- The Democratic Party are Satan worshiping pedophiles who sell children as sexual slaves.
- John Kerry did not act heroically during the Vietnam war and the Swift Boaters are correct.
- The November 2020 election was rigged.
- and on
- and on
- :rolleyes::confused::facepalm:

So. Let’s put that hogwash aside for a minute, and consider what their apologists always say. Namely, “The lefties do it too.”

OKay! Please list them.

What debunked conspiracy theories have been instigated by Democrats/Left wingers in US politics over the last 4 decades.
Please remember, they have to, like the right-wing nutbags above, have been proven false.

Thank you.

epronovost

GMO's are bad for health
Anti-Vaxxer (now they have support from te far-right too, but it started in the "granola" circle)
Anti nuclear activism often goes into conspiracy theory ground
PETA (enough said)
Veganism sometimes devolve into an almost cultish belief
Lysenkoism (though this fell out of fashion even in the Soviet Union in the 80's)
parapsychology, Atlantis, crystal magic
Times of Burning pseudo-history
Sacred Feminine and Holy Grail conspiracy theories
Some fringe elements of the fat acceptance movement

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've known some Lefties who are big into secret societies, UFO/aliens, and even have heard of some Lefties who believe the general ideas of the devil worshiping pedophile ring running the government.

PureX

Veteran Member
Some lefties also, as I recall, embraced 9/11 Trutherism (the belief that 9/11 was an inside job by the US govt).
Yes, the only leftist conspiracy that I've actually heard friends or acquaintances mention is the 9/11 thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
GMO's are bad for health
Anti-Vaxxer (now they have support from te far-right too, but it started in the "granola" circle)
Anti nuclear activism often goes into conspiracy theory ground
PETA (enough said)
Veganism sometimes devolve into an almost cultish belief
Lysenkoism (though this fell out of fashion even in the Soviet Union in the 80's)
parapsychology, Atlantis, crystal magic
Times of Burning pseudo-history
Sacred Feminine and Holy Grail conspiracy theories
Some fringe elements of the fat acceptance movement
Additional....
- The MIC (Military Industrial Complex) controls all politicians, so democracy is dead.
- Libertarians seek to eliminate not only all regulation, but government itself.
- 9/11 truthers.
- Trump was a Russian secret agent.
- Alien technology used by the military.
- Faked Moon landings.
- Big Oil preventing electric cars & water burning cars & 100mpg carburetors.
(Carburetors are long gone in the days of fuel injection, so that one's obsolete.)

BTW, the Kerry v Swift Boaters isn't a conspiracy theory.
It's a claim that a single individual wasn't the hero he claimed to be.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Additional....
- The MIC (Military Industrial Complex) controls all politicians, so democracy is dead.
- Libertarians seek to eliminate not only all regulation, but government itself.
- 9/11 truthers.
- Faked Moon landings.
- Big Oil preventing electric cars & water burning cars & 100mpg carburetors.
(Carburetors are long gone in the days of fuel injection, so that one's obsolete.)

Wait, the fake Moon landing is a left-wing conspiracy theory?

epronovost

I'm just thinking of conspiracies I've heard from the left.
This is not to say that only the left believes them.

We are trying to think of conspiracy theories that are mostly carried by the Left. I don't think that there is a conspiracy theory that is strictly believed only by one group. There is always some crosspolination. The Big Oil and Trump is a Russian asset are good examples, but I don't think fake moonlandings and alien tech in the army (or supersoldier programs) are.

PureX

Veteran Member
Additional....
This is true, though naively stated, here.
Also partially true. It depends on which one's you encounter.
- 9/11 truthers.
This does seem to be a mostly "leftist" theory.
Just gibberish made up for "clicks" on line. No one's actual theory.
- Faked Moon landings.
These people aren't left or right. They're just nuts,
- Big Oil preventing electric cars & water burning cars & 100mpg carburetors. (Carburetors are long gone in the days of fuel injection, so that one's obsolete.)
Again, this is true, though wrongly stated, here, to make it look silly. What they buy up and shelve is any technological innovation that, if developed successfully, could pose a serious alternative to fossil fuel.
A false claim made by a guy with a long history of being paid to tell such lies. He was just another cog the Carl Rove Slander Machine method for winning elections.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Yes, the only leftist conspiracy that I've actually heard friends or acquaintances mention is the 9/11 thing.
Or anything that can be pinned to a Republican Administration. When it's not "the government" but "the Bush administration", it's left.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is true, though naively stated, here.
Also partially true. It depends on which one's you encounter.
This does seem to be a mostly "leftist" theory.
Just gibberish made up for "clicks" on line. No one's actual theory.
These people aren't left or right. They're just nuts,
Again, this is true, though wrongly stated, here, to make it look silly. What they buy up and shelve is any technological innovation that, if developed successfully, could pose a serious alternative to fossil fuel.
A false claim made by a guy with a long history of being paid to tell such lies. He was just another cog the Carl Rove Slander Machine method for winning elections.
So you believe several, eh.

exchemist

Veteran Member
We are all familiar with the myriad of fantasy-land conspiracy theories that have arisen from right wing media including
- Global warming is a lie....or....It’s all natural, and we humans can’t and shouldn’t do anything about it.
- Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction
- President Obama is a Muslim mole and a terrorist
- The Democratic Party are Satan worshiping pedophiles who sell children as sexual slaves.
- John Kerry did not act heroically during the Vietnam war and the Swift Boaters are correct.
- The November 2020 election was rigged.
- and on
- and on
- :rolleyes::confused::facepalm:

So. Let’s put that hogwash aside for a minute, and consider what their apologists always say. Namely, “The lefties do it too.”

OKay! Please list them.

What debunked conspiracy theories have been instigated by Democrats/Left wingers in US politics over the last 4 decades.
Please remember, they have to, like the right-wing nutbags above, have been proven false.

Thank you.
Bilderberg Group conspiracy? BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Bilderberg: The ultimate conspiracy theory

Also, just about anything involving the CIA.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Seems to me a larger portion of folks on the left recognize a conspiracy theory on their side of the aisle than the portion of folks on the right who recognize a conspiracy theory on their side of the aisle. That's just an impression built up over the years, of course, but I'd be quite curious to learn of anyone has researched it.

Other than that, I think a number of the 'conspiracy theories' already listed in this thread might be hard to prove they meet the criteria for being a genuine conspiracy. Namely, where's the conspiracy? Nutty ideas, for sure. But conspiracies? Some of the 'example's tossed out seem questionable.

One possible difference between the sides, perhaps conspiracy theories on the right are better funded by political interests groups than those on the left, or at least backed by more powerful right wing politicians.

Here's my entry for non-conspiracy conspiracy theories on the left: The nutty left-wing idea that Starbucks has decent coffee. It's only decent if mixed with something.

Daemon Sophic

First and foremost I should point out that everything listed so far are really extremist ideas common to both the left and the right. Extremes with “deep state” nonsense.
I will admit that generally the ideas about the CIA do come from the left. However, gun nuts and survival apocalypse preppers (almost invariably right-wingers) also have these fantasy stories about secret spy and secret super-soldier groups within the government. :rolleyes:

But all of this is beside the point. As I stated in the OP, I’m asking for debunked conpiracy theories instigated by Democrats/Left wingers in US politics over the last 4 decades.
PETA, and veganism, and stories about burning witches in Canadian history are not recent US political conspiracy stories. :shrug:

Now then. Right wing media would have us believe that “lefty moon-bats are conspiracy nuts, because they believe such nonsense as”....
- there is systemic racism in the US.
or...
- global warming.
In the minds of the righties, such beliefs are conspiracy theories that the lefties created and have been duped by. Yet both of these examples at least, have abundant evidence, and have never been debunked. :flushed: :shrug:

Please do keep trying. I am curious if there is something that I believe in politically, that might just be rubbish. o_O