• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm with Shivafan, I don't notice the ads much at all. Most, if not all of mine, are local things planted by the cookie monsters. Travel sites, a curling event, Indian clothing, and stuff like that. The browsing history stuff they make must be spot on.

MD

qualiaphile
The ads are annoying...but it's RF!

KT if you leave who will put the rest of us irrational theists in check? The Christian Creationists, the Muslim Literalists and even the Zoroastrian Dualists will run amok. There will be chaos.

What's our next best choice...Revoltingtest?! -_-

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
We show three advertisements. That is it. You can't go on to any major website and see less than that. On top of that the ads are the last thing that loads on the page so it should not be causing any slow down at all.

I've noticed, while using my Android phone, that yes the ads load last, and no, the page doesn't load slower, but what REALLY is beginning to bug me is that when I've already scrolled halfway down the page, an ad finishes loading and it jumps me right back to the top of the page again. So I begin scrolling down, only to get bumped all the way to the top again.

So, while the page itself isn't any slower (it may in fact be faster), my use of it is significantly slowed down because I have to wait for everything to finish loading.

I'm not knocking the ads themselves, I can ignore them, but it is frustrating how they affect my experience.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I'm almost kind of used to it by now.. Lol

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I've noticed, while using my Android phone, that yes the ads load last, and no, the page doesn't load slower, but what REALLY is beginning to bug me is that when I've already scrolled halfway down the page, an ad finishes loading and it jumps me right back to the top of the page again. So I begin scrolling down, only to get bumped all the way to the top again.

So, while the page itself isn't any slower (it may in fact be faster), my use of it is significantly slowed down because I have to wait for everything to finish loading.

I'm not knocking the ads themselves, I can ignore them, but it is frustrating how they affect my experience.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I'm almost kind of used to it by now.. Lol
upgrade to a premium account !!

Knight of Albion

It costs money to keep a forum up and running, so it's not unreasonable for the administrators of an internet forum to source paid advertising to help meet outgoings.

I can think of several popular internet forums that had to close because of the owners being unable to meet costs.

It may not be perfect for everyone, but the forum is still going and you can still use the forum for free.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Too many ads making site way too slow for me to use. Each page takes a few seconds to load. And not paying a subscription fee to use an internet forum out of principle. Besides, many of the regular posters seem to have dropped off of RF for the most part. The new "features" are fine, but I'm here for interaction and discussion, not smilies and alerts. It's been fun - see you around.
Script blockers are great. Even without a paid subscription I don't see any adds here unless I allow permission from whatever source. A mostly addles internet is great, though it can be a pain having to figure out what you need to allow to get certain websites to work.

We show three advertisements. That is it. You can't go on to any major website and see less than that. On top of that the ads are the last thing that loads on the page so it should not be causing any slow down at all.
When I was messing with the permissions here so I could watch Youtube videos that people post, I don't remember what it was that I allowed but it opened a flood gate of a lot more than three advertisers.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Too many ads making site way too slow for me to use. Each page takes a few seconds to load. And not paying a subscription fee to use an internet forum out of principle. Besides, many of the regular posters seem to have dropped off of RF for the most part. The new "features" are fine, but I'm here for interaction and discussion, not smilies and alerts. It's been fun - see you around.
I am curious there is no ads in my site .

can any one post an image of these Ads , just to check ?

Image from Up of page :
11707615_10205881675875162_7965532374774988691_n.jpg

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ads crash my browser time to time and I've lagged as well resulting in double posting by mistake. Irritating as hell, but the deal breaker comes with invasive pop ups.