• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Too many ads making site way too slow for me to use. Each page takes a few seconds to load. And not paying a subscription fee to use an internet forum out of principle. Besides, many of the regular posters seem to have dropped off of RF for the most part. The new "features" are fine, but I'm here for interaction and discussion, not smilies and alerts. It's been fun - see you around.
Best wishes. I enjoy your postings. I'll admit the ads really slow and lag down my puter as well as some other issues I've experienced since the changes. Look foreward if you post again if only occasional if you want to make any cameo appearances. I hope ads don't intensify like adding popups. That turns a forum into a real cesspool imo.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For those that said things were simple before and worked fine, this was simply not the case from someone's perspective that runs the forum. There were serious security issues with the old software and there were serious design flaws in how the site works for people who use mobile devices, which now accounts for almost half of our traffic.
Making it better means making changes.
Can't please everyone.

Kilgore, perhaps when you return, we might perform a boko-maru, eh?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
If you're sure that you're leaving for good, one way to help insure it is to change your password to something random that you can't remember and then log out. It's worked for me before.
No, that won't work here. The best way is for him to pass on the account to someone else to post in his place.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I've noticed that when I get into these sites with active advertising that it slows down my computer, especially when it runs a scan to throw stuff out. When I'm spending most of my time at sites that don't use these, my computer is quicker overall. As some know, I've not been happy with some of the changes because what we had before worked fine and was simple, and I've been contemplating leaving, but I've decided to hang in here at least a bit longer to see what happens.

Overall, I'm not at all impressed, and if these changes were made just so we can see this constant barrage of motion advertisements, then it was a terrible decision.

not to mention the content of some of these ads are fairly inappropriate for a religious forum.

xkatz

Dang. I seriously hope it's not for good KT. I really enjoy your cynicism.

But I understand your feelings about the changes. I hope you seriously consider returning eventually.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Too many ads making site way too slow for me to use. Each page takes a few seconds to load. And not paying a subscription fee to use an internet forum out of principle. Besides, many of the regular posters seem to have dropped off of RF for the most part. The new "features" are fine, but I'm here for interaction and discussion, not smilies and alerts. It's been fun - see you around.

We are men of the cloth.
You will return!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Firefox + noscript addon = almost perfect control. No scripts run without your OK. Let some run but not others.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I hope you'll change your mind, you're one of my favorite posters. Besides, it smells too clean around here. Don't be a lout, bring back the Trout!

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I am getting used to the new format now. And am just starting to go along with it, no biggie, seems ok now.
As for premium members - well there is this forum, another Hindu forum, and then a couple of other forums non-reigious in nature, and I am amazed in the hard work of these forum owners, going out of the way to run forum software and taking a lot of their time, the admins, and you know "time is money" and they even spend their own bucks - so if you like the forum I think it is a great opportunity to pitch in with some money to help them and help the forum effort and those who work so hard at it. Sure, not everyone can send a few bucks in here and there, but I also like to pitch in with any small amount and it really is a small amount each month.

The Ads? Hmmmm.... to tell the truth, I get so engaged in the posts I don't even notice them.

You know you like the "fun", you should swing on by again. This place is a BLAST!

Oh no! Th battery on this wireless keyboard is going dead on me, and I don't have any batteries of that size here at home! I have to hit the same keys multiple times! I am about to be without any A, B, C!