• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawlessness

InChrist

Free4ever
Worldwide? You posted a story out of Los Angeles.
True, so far I have only focused on and started with incidents in CA, but this type of thing is happening across the country. And you know the old saying, “As California goes, so goes the country “. As well, I think various kinds of crimes are increasing on a global scale. I’ll try adding further examples as I come across them and find the time.

InChrist

Free4ever
That's been said for centuries and yet we're still here.
Yes, so the end has not arrived yet, but does that mean it will never come?

...knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world thatthen existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day isas a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:3-9

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yes, so the end has not arrived yet, but does that mean it will never come?
At the rate we are destroying this planet with our selfishness and ignorance, I don't doubt that we will.

Jesus' Kingdom is already here and has been for almost 2000 years now, thus how long Earth lasts should in reality be quite irrelevant for us.

InChrist

Free4ever
At the rate we are destroying this planet with our selfishness and ignorance, I don't doubt that we will.

Jesus' Kingdom is already here and has been for almost 2000 years now, thus how long Earth lasts should in reality be quite irrelevant for us.
Obviously we have different perspectives concerning Jesus’ kingdom. While I believe His kingdom has been and is present within the hearts of believers since for approximately 2000 years, I also believe the scriptures confirm the literal reign of Jesus Christ for 1000 years upon the earth, from Jerusalem once He returns. I believe He will need to return soon because I agree with you that humanity is destroying the planet due to selfishness, greed, and a woeful lack of good stewardship of God’s creation.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Obviously we have different perspectives concerning Jesus’ kingdom.
But Jesus said his Kingdom was at hand with his coming. Thus, there's his earthly Kingdom that's also extended to his heavenly Kingdom in what's also called "the communion of saints" as found in the Apostle's Creed that includes both. This actually is quite logical if one thinks about it.

I also believe the scriptures confirm the literal reign of Jesus Christ for 1000 years upon the earth, from Jerusalem once He returns
The 2nd century Church did not think that should be taken literally but figuratively as they concluded that there wasn't any other source that justified a literal interpretation. Therefore, the 1000 years should be taken metaphysically as a reference to Jesus' eternal reign since the number 1000 was the highest number in ancient Hebrew at that time, thus any higher number had to be sequenced with additions.

For example, 144,000 is 12 [X] 12's [X] 1000, which is considered to be symbolic of great numbers too high to count, thus the Church would dramatically expand over the ages, and we know that this obviously came true.