• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawlessness

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the only thing that’s increasing is the speed of disseminating information and news about crime.

I think I have to rethink and correct myself. According to the Hindu cycles of time the four yugas (ages of the world) start with a golden age and decline in righteousness and increase in lawlessness. We’re in the final yuga of this current cycle. This is why, which I ashamedly missed, Sri Krishna says “When there’s a decline in righteousness and an increase in unrighteousness I manifest from age to age to restore order”. But I do believe the rapid dissemination of information and news contributes to the increase in lawlessness.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think I have to rethink and correct myself. According to the Hindu cycles of time the four yugas (ages of the world) start with a golden age and decline in righteousness and increase in lawlessness. We’re in the final yuga of this current cycle. This is why, which I ashamedly missed, Sri Krishna says “When there’s a decline in righteousness and an increase in unrighteousness I manifest from age to age to restore order”. But I do believe the rapid dissemination of information and news contributes to the increase in lawlessness.
Why do you believe this?

Could it be the reporting of lawlessness of certain people might inspire others to mimic their behavior? Like trump followers being inspired by trump's behavior might make them do things they wouldn't otherwise?

Wandering Monk

Pick a metric you think demonstrates a decline in 'righteousness' (after first defining what righteousness means.)

InChrist

Free4ever
Of course, you begin with the assumption that God actually exists and that your Bible is actually his words to humanity.
Yes, you are correct. That the Creator God exists and the biblical scriptures are His revealed words to humanity is my foundational belief and starting point.

InChrist

Free4ever
So. Crime ebbs and rises. What, are you looking for trouble?

Why not just follow republicans and their bad ethics? These people are typically Christian. What does that tell us?
It tells me there are very few ethical politicians: Republicans or Democrats. It tells me that professing to be Christian is meaningless and nothing less than hypocrisy and blaspheming Christ, if one is deliberately involved in unethical activity. It tells me that crime and lawlessness is rampant among all levels of society and worldwide, as the scriptures indicate it will be at the end of the age.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
It tells me there are very few ethical politicians: Republicans or Democrats. It tells me that professing to be Christian is meaningless and nothing less than hypocrisy and blaspheming Christ, if one is deliberately involved in unethical activity. It tells me that crime and lawlessness is rampant among all levels of society and worldwide, as the scriptures indicate it will be at the end of the age.
Apparently all of history has been "at the end of the age". Sounds like we need less divisive dogmas. Jesus never asked for people to form a religion around him.

InChrist

Free4ever
Apparently all of history has been "at the end of the age". Sounds like we need less divisive dogmas. Jesus never asked for people to form a religion around him.

True, He didn’t. Jesus asked that people trust Him for forgiveness and eternal life.
According to the scriptures, since the time of Christ onward we’ve been in the last days, yet certain indicators show the end of the age is near.

Wandering Monk

upload_2021-11-23_9-51-32.png

Wandering Monk

It appears, as the Bible indicates (Matthew 24:12) lawlessness is growing in the last days...

“On average, thieves are stealing more than 100 million dollars worth of merchandise from our retailers every single day. Just think about that. I have written extensively about the shoplifting epidemic that is plaguing this country, but even I didn’t know that things had gotten that bad. Sadly, much of the thievery is being committed by highly organized gangs of looters. “

In Some Parts Of America, Looting Has Become A Way Of Life | ZeroHedge
upload_2021-11-23_10-3-3.png

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Worldwide? You posted a story out of Los Angeles.