• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lady Gaga does it again with over-the-top "Telephone" video

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I don't much like this song, although admittedly, I've been listening to Paparazzi alot lately. I really like that song.

I think she's pretty - when she's brunette. And I'd love to have a waist that tiny.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I don't much like this song, although admittedly, I've been listening to Paparazzi alot lately. I really like that song.

I think she's pretty - when she's brunette. And I'd love to have a waist that tiny.

I actually thought her Paparazzi video was as controversial as this one was, but it didn't get the kind of press. *oh forgive the pun!* LOL

Smokeless Indica

<3 Damian Edward Nixon <3
I actually thought her Paparazzi video was as controversial as this one was, but it didn't get the kind of press. *oh forgive the pun!* LOL

I did not care for Paparazzi at all it made me uncomfortable. I was just plane weirded out by Telephone to notice anything controversial. I didn't notice it until I watched it after seeing this thread.

Raithie

atheist
Hahaha... look at her new video for Alejandro - much more "over the top" . And much more confusing :areyoucra

FluentYank3825

Ironic Idealist
I have yet to watch it (because I'm at work :D), but I've heard plenty about it.

IMO, she's just going for shock value which is nothing new. Remember when Marylin Manson was in Laday Gaga's shoes? Ah, those were the days. Now you barely here anything about him.

The music industry is always in need of a "shock rocker" and Lady Gaga seems like she's up to bat. :angel2:

Yeah, except that Marilyn Manson was never selected as one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential people in history. Don't get me started on that.

FluentYank3825

Ironic Idealist
If you ask me Michael Jackson faked his death so he could be Lady GaGa full time.

Oh, man. I hope not! MJ's a pop culture legend, with actual skills. His videos were over-the-top but still had a high quality I found enjoyable. Lady Gaga, well, let's just say I won't even come within a mile of her.

blackout

Violet.
Oh, man. I hope not! MJ's a pop culture legend, with actual skills. His videos were over-the-top but still had a high quality I found enjoyable. Lady Gaga, well, let's just say I won't even come within a mile of her.

It's hard to understand... or assess... a person from over a mile away.

PS.... Lady Gaga does have "actual skills".
(maybe start this thread from the beginning,
and watch the youTubes from less than a mile away) ;)

at least... I think the links are in this thread....
was there another one?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I have to admit I'm starting to like Lady G. :D Because you simply can't get away from her, I've kind of grown to like her music. She's got a great voice and musicality. I can see the appeal in her music.

However, I still can't stomach her videos. Ugh. She's really unappealing to me visually. I don't find her body, face or mannerisms appealing in any way whatsoever.

I am really enjoying listening to Paparazzi right now like Dawny. The dance version is cool too!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I totally understand. It took me a little bit before I saw anything in her. When "Just Dance" was released, I rolled my eyes and groaned. Ugh...I hated that song. LOL

Then "Poker Face" came out, and I found myself humming along to it. My daughter became an instant fan.

But it was her performances on YouTube that made me an unashamed fan girl after "Poker Face" came out. I then anticipated what she came up with next.

After "Bad Romance", I was hooked. And then this video came out that won over my respect for her as a fearless artist.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
That remix is pure awesomeness! I hope she releases an album with her original pop sounding music, acoustic, and remix versions of her songs. I'd buy it in a second. I love the versatility of her art.

Sententia

Kinda busy
06.30.2010-18.43.26.png

eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
06.30.2010-18.45.39.png

Eyedeology

Adament Illusion
I haven't read the previous pages so sorry if this has already been discussed...but her Alejandro music video is super ballsy.

It's like a fetish sex video o.o