• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Koran:...Jesus is the Son...

Apple Pie

The Truth said:
[16]Move not thy tongue concerning the (Qur-an) to make haste therewith.

[17] It is for Us to collect it and to promulgate it:

[18] But when We have promulgated it, follow thou its recital (as promulgated): (Surah 75)

Here two words can't be the same so جمعه means collect and وقرآنه means to promulgate it and spread it.

The ayahs that you quoted are laced with masculine pronouns, such as "bihi" & "hu".

Can you tell me who this is referring to...?

Also, these ayahs would seem to demonstrate that the Koran is a "collection" of the previous scriptures....just as the classic definition implies...

Thanks..

Nehustan

Apple Pie said:
Hi Nehustan,

Thanks for your comments...

Who ever stated that the Koran was plagiarized, except yourself...?

The authors who penned it, quite clearly state that they merely copied and collected the previous Jewish and Christian scriptures. They give ample and full credit to the Holy Bible...

Thanks...

Apple Pie said:
Hi Truth,

Originally meaning the Collection; “I collected together the thing” or “I read, or recited, the book or scripture”; and then conventionally applied to signify the Book of God that was revealed to Mohammad; it also signifies the revelation, meaning that which is termed the mighty, or imitable which is read, or recited, and written in books or volumes. A name for the Book of God, like the book of the Law revealed to Moses and the Gospel.

قُرْآنَis so called because it has collected the histories of the prophets, and commands and prohibitions, and promises and threats, and the verses or signs, and the chapters

It comes from the root “qara’a”, which has the primary signification he collected together the thing; put it, or drew it, together; part to part, or portion to portion. He read, or recited, the scripture chanting; he read or recited anything in any manner, without, or from, or in a book.

You did.

Apple Pie said:
because it has collected the histories of the prophets, and commands and prohibitions, and promises and threats, and the verses or signs, and the chapters

The implication here is quite plain, and as Muslims we do not believe in the conspiracy to which you allude.

We believe a being who identified himself as 'Gabriel' revealed the Quran to Muhammad in stages after their first meeting upon him in the cave upon the Mountain of Light (Jabal-al-noor). As to who Gabriel is and where he came from, that is best known to Gabriel and of course Allah. I hope that should Gabriel visit you he bring a close friend, a fellow from within the company of Angels.

Brothers (and Sisters) I suggest that as with money, we do not extend good energy after bad. Nor should we continue to waste our time. Let us take Shura.

Apple Pie

Nehustan said:
You did.

The implication here is quite plain, and as Muslims we do not believe in the conspiracy to which you allude.

There is no conspiracy in the Koran.

Do you follow the Koran....or do you follow Islam....?

We believe a being who identified himself as 'Gabriel' revealed the Quran to Muhammad in stages after their first meeting upon him in the cave upon the Mountain of Light (Jabal-al-noor). As to who Gabriel is and where he came from, that is best known to Gabriel and of course Allah. I hope that should Gabriel visit you he bring a close friend, a fellow from within the company of Angels.

Could you please reference a Koranic ayah that supports your position...?

Thanks...

Nehustan

You've had your fun and we have been more than accommodating of you. This however has now ended, why? Because I say so. This section of the forum is not for debate, and in regard to the Forum rules, and as I said, we have been accommodating. I will now thank you to desist from posting within our section of the Forum, and if you continue will (for the very first time I might add) contact the Moderators, and get them to tell you. My rationale in this demand is that you are not here to learn, but to try and either annoy us and to offend, OR mislead people about Islam. In any of those scenarios, your attempts are not welcome. As stated this part of the Forum is for fellowship and/or learning, I think I speak broadly when I say we desire no fellowship with you, nor are you interested in learning about Islam, rather to rub our faces in what effectively constitutes an insult to our last prophet.

Apple Pie

Nehustan said:
You've had your fun and we have been more than accommodating of you. This however has now ended, why? Because I say so. This section of the forum is not for debate, and in regard to the Forum rules, and as I said, we have been accommodating. I will now thank you to desist from posting within our section of the Forum, and if you continue will (for the very first time I might add) contact the Moderators, and get them to tell you. My rationale in this demand is that you are not here to learn, but to try and either annoy us and to offend, OR mislead people about Islam. In any of those scenarios, your attempts are not welcome. As stated this part of the Forum is for fellowship and/or learning, I think I speak broadly when I say we desire no fellowship with you, nor are you interested in learning about Islam, rather to rub our faces in what effectively constitutes an insult to our last prophet.

You sound upset...

Why are you so upset...?

Nehustan

Thanks for the concern, but I already have a therapist, and you are perfectly aware of what you have been attempting to do in this thread. I'm actually not that upset, if this was real debate however I probably wouldn't be so pleasant. Now if you want discuss Islam you may go into the general debate section of the Forum, and if you want to take up a position as a therapist there is a suitable part of the Forum called 'health & healing'

Now this thread has come to and end, and this now stands as your second warning.

Apple Pie

The Truth said:
Allah is describing in this verse that Jesus and the angels "nearest to him"(المقربون) would not refuse to worship Allah as brother Nehustan described in his posts.

Where is اللَّهُ mentioned in 4.172…?

Quote:

Fact of the matter is….there is no classic Arabic word “Trinity”.

The word is THREE….not Trinity…

Firstly, the english copy of the Quran is not equal to the pure original arabic one but it just translate it and describe because it's the work of human beings but not the excact word of God.

Secondly, arabs used to just refer to things not to mention it directly as long as they are talking about it as in that verse because if you kept repeating so that would prove your arabic is weak or that you are not sure of what your are talking about so you are keeping repeating what you mean.

The verse is clear and in arabic there is no such a thing called trinity the way you want it and it's obvious because it's a different language and the verse is so clear and i have no idea what's your point in here.

"
يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لا تَغْلُوافِيدِينِكُمْوَلا تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ إِلا الْحَقَّ إِنَّمَا الْمَسِيحُعِيسَىابْنُمَرْيَمَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَكَلِمَتُهُ أَلْقَاهَا إِلَى مَرْيَمَوَرُوحٌمِنْهُفَآمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِوَلا تَقُولُوا ثَلاثَةٌانْتَهُوا خَيْرًا لَكُمْ إِنَّمَا اللَّهُإِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌسُبْحَانَهُ أَنْيَكُونَ لَهُ وَلَدٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِيالْأَرْضِ وَكَفَىبِاللَّهِ وكيلاً"
It's so clear, don't say three but Allah is one.

I appreciate that you are acknowledging the fact that the word “Trinity” does not exist in classic Arabic.

The reasoning for not stating “three” is because “allah” is not three - even though three separate attributes have just been listed in the very same ayah.

This is the concept of the Biblical Trinity.

One God…..a uniplural God.

This same exact concept has been copied into 4.171…

Allah decribed for us who was Jesus in many places in the Quran to show people who have doubt the same as you the clear signs of Allah and i hope that Allah will guide you to see his clear signs.

First of all he said:

The similitude of 'Isa before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him "Be": and he was. (3:59)

Not quite.

Observe…

3.59 Certainly Jesus' similitude present with allah; as/like Adam, He created him out of dust then said to him: "Be thou." so (he) is.

The message behind the rendering:

• Two comparisons are made “mathalu” & “kamathali”
• The first (former) comparison is between Jesus and “allah”
• Jesus is shown to be co-equal “mathalu” with “allah”
• Jesus is shown to have always existed “inna” with “inda” “allah”
• Jesus was not created
• The second (latter) comparison is redundant to the former
• The second comparison describes the creation “khalaqahu” of Adam
• It is referring to man…not to Jesus
• It is singular
• It refers to the act of measuring; or determining the measure, proportion, or the like, of a thing; and the making a thing by measure, or according to the measure of another thing; or proportioning a thing to another thing
• The originating or producing a thing after a pattern or model which one has devised, not after the similitude of anything pre-existing.
• As meaning the bringing into existence from a state of no-existence. As an act of God, signifies the creating out of nothing
• We are told that Adam was created, i.e. he had a beginning (out of nothing), in the likeness of his creator
• Adam is made from dust ““turabin”
• The creation of man in this ayah is rooted in sura 86…which shares the same root as “turabin”
• The Word of “allah” brings forth Adam
• The Word i.e. Jesus is co-equal with “allah”
• Man is created through Jesus
• Jesus is God

Thus…it becomes quite clear that the second comparison of this ayah is simply re-enforcing the Biblical stance that Jesus (the Word) is what brought Adam into existence out of nothing.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
**MOD POST**
This thread has turned into a debate and is being moved to the debate forums.

Nehustan

Thank you Sunstone, and with that I take my leave. Now you may twist Arabic to your heart's content.

Apple Pie

Nehustan said:
Thank you Sunstone, and with that I take my leave. Now you may twist Arabic to your heart's content.

You know where to find us if your should change your mind...

Take care...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Apple Pie said:
The authors who penned it, quite clearly state that they merely copied and collected the previous Jewish and Christian scriptures. They give ample and full credit to the Holy Bible...

Thanks...

You have the right to believe in what you want to believe. I just will remind you that the pervious scriptures have been altered that's why you find many contradictions and mistakes within it. For Quran, i challenge you to bring one fault or one contradiction if as you claim it was the work of human beings but not the word of God which was revealed to prophet Mohammed because the work of human beings how much they try, it remain imperfect.

Do they not consider the Qur-an (with care)? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy. (Surah 4:82)

Apple Pie said:
The ayahs that you quoted are laced with masculine pronouns, such as "bihi" & "hu".
Apple Pie said:
Can you tell me who this is referring to...?

Also, these ayahs would seem to demonstrate that the Koran is a "collection" of the previous scriptures....just as the classic definition implies...

Thanks..

[17] It is for Us to collect it and to promulgate it: (Surah 75)
Prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" when he was recieving the revelation from Allah by the angel Gabriel he was directly reciting it word after word but God then told him in verse 16 not to be in a hurry in reciting it because he doesn't have to be worry that he might forget some words because God will save this Quran and because the revelation was along through 23 years, God said in verse 17 It is for Us to collect it verse by verse and Surah by Surah and also Allah is in charge of spreading the recitation and spreading of his words.

إنا علينا جمعه وقرآنه

It's impossible that the word جمعه is equal to قرآنه as you know but you can't admit it but it's obvious.

جمعه means to collect it as i said before from the word جمع .. يجمع .. جمعاً ... فهو مجموع
قرآنه means to recite, read and inform from the word قرأ .. يقرأ .. قرآناً .. فهو مقروء

How can two equal words come together dear Apple, explain for me?

If the word collect جمعه is equal to promulgate قرآنه so as long as it's the same the verse can be “according to you”: I will collect it and collect it !!! lol

Are you serious?

Let's see your difintion:

Apple Pie said:
“alqur-ana” definition:

Apple Pie said:
“I read, or recited, the book or scripture”

You ignored the fact that Quran is the recitable book and you brought your collection theory even thought you mentioned in your post that "alqura-an" comes from the word "I read, or recited".

Where on earth did you find out that "qara'a" means collect???

"qara'a" means to read and recite.

The words underline are clearly your own theory but the rest is true, which is:

Apple Pie said:
He read, or recited,[/quote]

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Apple Pie said:
Where is اللَّهُ mentioned in 4.172…?

Nehustan said:
You are without doubt the strangest chap I have ever come across...
Nehustan said:
لَّن يَسْتَنكِفَ الْمَسِيحُ أَن يَكُونَ عَبْداً لِّلّهِ وَلاَالْمَلآئِكَةُ الْمُقَرَّبُونَ وَمَن يَسْتَنكِفْ عَنْ عِبَادَتِهِ وَيَسْتَكْبِرْفَسَيَحْشُرُهُمْ إِلَيهِ جَمِيعًا
Nehustan said:
Here (highlighted in Green) is the contruct 'Lilillah' which means​

"To Allah"​

لِّلّهِ

the whole contruct is 'Li +Allah' but due to the vowels it becomes 'Lilillah'​

ألمدرسة

'The School'​

becomes​

للمدرسة

'To the School'​

I guess you are sleepy a little bit that's why you forgot that you already said you saw the word "Allah" in the verse.

Apple Pie said:
Greetings Nehustan,

Thanks for your reply…

I agree that لله means “to allah”….or “belonging to allah”.

You still asking where is it? You are so weird dude.

Apple Pie said:
I appreciate that you are acknowledging the fact that the word “Trinity” does not exist in classic Arabic.
Apple Pie said:
The reasoning for not stating “three” is because “allah” is not three - even though three separate attributes have just been listed in the very same ayah.

This is the concept of the Biblical Trinity.​

One God…..a uniplural God.​

Excuse me? God already said don't say 3 but Allah is 1. Even a child will answer you about what the Quran says about the trinity. It's a false concept have been forced to christianity.

Apple Pie said:
Observe…

Apple Pie said:
3.59 Certainly Jesus' similitude present with allah; as/like Adam, He created him out of dust then said to him: "Be thou." so (he) is.

This is the real translation ...

The similitude of 'Isa before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him "Be": and he was. (3:59)

Wait a second, starting from this point on, if you kept bringing up your own fake fabricated translation of Quran so the whole discussion will be boring. You gonna bring a translation of the Quran from your mind and i gonna bring the real translation bla bla.

If you kept doing this again so i can't go on with your posts anymore.

It's up to you now.

Apple Pie

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/images/professional/misc/quotes/quot-top-left.gif

The Truth said:
You have the right to believe in what you want to believe.

Look for yourself what the Koran states…

وَالْكِتَابِ الْمُبِينِ

Waalkitabi almubeeni

43.2 And The Book, the clear/evident.

What is clear and evident…?

The Book.

What is “The Book”…..?

Reviewing the classic definition…

الْكِتَابِ = “alkitabi”

“alkitabi” definition:

Lane references sura 2:2 in his definition:

ذَلِكَ الْكِتَبُ لَا رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِلْمُتَّقِينَ

Thalika alkitabu la rayba feehi hudan lilmuttaqeena

That The Book no doubt/suspicion in it, (it is) guidance to the fearing and obeying. (2:2)

“That is the book, or scripture”; as though combining in itself the excellences of all other books or scriptures; or meaning that is preeminently the book, or scripture. The Pentateuch or Mosaic Law; and the Gospel, or Book of the Gospels; the Scriptures of the Jews and Christians. Divine prescript, appointment, or ordinance; judgment, or sentence; fatal decree or predestination.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, p. 74; volume seven, p. 2590

“The Book” is the Holy Bible.

Period.

The Holy Bible is proclaimed as being clear & evident.

So much so, that look what happens...

إِنَّا جَعَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لَّعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ
Inna jaAAalnahu qur-anan AAarabiyyan laAAallakum taAAqiloona

43.3 Certainly we have made it an Arabic Koran, maybe/perhaps you reason/comprehend.

What is the Koran…..?

قُرْآنَ is so called because it has collected the histories of the prophets, and commands and prohibitions, and promises and threats, and the verses or signs, and the chapters.

Look at what has occurred.

1) The Holy Bible “alkitabi” (OT & NT – written in Hebrew and Greek), is proclaimed as clear and evident
2) The Holy Bible is made into “jaAAalnahu” an Arabic “collection” or Koran

Thus…

It is obviously stated in the Koran itself, that the Holy Bible was converted into Arabic by its authors.

Understand this…

If the Koran was originally in Arabic, then there would have been absolutely no need for the disclaimer of converting it into Arabic….as stated in 43.3.

This statement is absolutely foundational to the correct understanding of the contents of Islam’s book of faith.

Hence, since we now know that the authors who penned the Koranic text (as we know it to be today) translated the prior Biblical scriptures into Arabic – what exactly would you expect to find within its suras….?

Apple Pie

The Truth said:
I just will remind you that the pervious scriptures have been altered that's why you find many contradictions and mistakes within it. For Quran, i challenge you to bring one fault or one contradiction if as you claim it was the work of human beings but not the word of God which was revealed to prophet Mohammed because the work of human beings how much they try, it remain imperfect.

Do they not consider the Qur-an (with care)? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy. (Surah 4:82)

This is Islam 101…
The Koran never once states that the written word of God (i.e. The Holy Bible) to be in error in any manner whatsoever.
This is purely to be found in Islam, only.
Please show us specifically where the Koran tells us that it was revealed to Mohommed…?
Thanks…

Apple Pie

The Truth said:

[17] It is for Us to collect it and to promulgate it: (Surah 75)
Prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" when he was recieving the revelation from Allah by the angel Gabriel he was directly reciting it word after word but God then told him in verse 16 not to be in a hurry in reciting it because he doesn't have to be worry that he might forget some words because God will save this Quran and because the revelation was along through 23 years, God said in verse 17 It is for Us to collect it verse by verse and Surah by Surah and also Allah is in charge of spreading the recitation and spreading of his words.

إنا علينا جمعه وقرآنه

It's impossible that the word جمعه is equal to قرآنه as you know but you can't admit it but it's obvious.

جمعه means to collect it as i said before from the word جمع .. يجمع .. جمعاً ... فهو مجموع
قرآنه means to recite, read and inform from the word قرأ .. يقرأ .. قرآناً .. فهو مقروء

How can two equal words come together dear Apple, explain for me?

If the word collect جمعه is equal to promulgate قرآنه so as long as it's the same the verse can be “according to you”: I will collect it and collect it !!! lol

Are you serious?

A couple of things…
Why do you insist on stating that these ayahs are referring to Islam’s “prophet” when his name is not even mentioned in these ayahs – nor anywhere in the entire sura!
Secondly, where is Gabriel mentioned anywhere in this entire sura…?
Thirdly, do you have any references whatsoever to back up your understanding of the Arabic in question…?

Thanks…

Apple Pie

Let's see your difintion:

[/size]

You ignored the fact that Quran is the recitable book and you brought your collection theory even thought you mentioned in your post that "alqura-an" comes from the word "I read, or recited".

Where on earth did you find out that "qara'a" means collect???

"qara'a" means to read and recite.

The words underline are clearly your own theory but the rest is true, which is:
Apple Pie said:
He read, or recited,[/quote]

Our definitions come from the world’s leading Lexicologists..
How about yours..?

Thanks…

Apple Pie said:
Greetings Ali Ansari...

Thanks for adding your comments.

As you can see for yourself; the Koran amply demonstrates its Biblical origins.

If you feel that you can contribute some knowledge to the better understanding of this material, then please join us...

Do I believe that the koran is the word of God? No, I do not.

The Word of God was written in Biblical Hebrew & Greek.

The Koran, as stated by its authors, merely is a collection of re-translated Biblical material that has been re-arranged in order to make it rhyme.

One does not do this to the Original Word of God.

God's true Word is contained in the Holy Bible.

The intent of this post is to demonstrate just how the Koran copied the Holy Bible....and how that material has been almost completely lost in the islamic interpretation...

Thanks...

you are saying that Muhammad copied the Quran from the bible.

Some Pagans accused the Prophet of learning the Qur’an from a Roman Blacksmith, who was a Christian staying at the outskirts of Makkah. The Prophet very often used to go and watch him do his work. A revelation of the Qur’an was sufficient to dismiss this charge - the Qur’an says in Surah An-Nahl chapter 16 verse 103:

"We know indeed that they say, ‘It is a man that teaches him,’ The tongue of him they wickedly point to is notably foreign, while this is Arabic, pure and clear."
[Al-Qur’an 16:103]

How could a person whose mother tongue was foreign and could hardly speak little but of poor broken Arabic be the source of the Qur’an which is pure, eloquent, fine Arabic? To believe that the blacksmith taught the Prophet the Qur’an is some what similar to believing that a Chinese immigrant to England, who did not know proper English, taught Shakespeare.

It is true that the Prophet did have religious discussions with the Jews and Christians but they took place in Madinah more than 13 years after the revelation of the Qur’an had started. The allegation that these Jews and Christians were the source is perverse, since in these discussions Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was performing the roles of a teacher and of a preacher while inviting them to embrace Islam and pointing out that they had deviated from their true teachings of Monotheism. Several of these Jews and Christians later embraced Islam.

All historical records available show that Muhummad (pbuh) had made only three trips outside Makkah before his Prophethood:
At the age of 9 he accompanied his mother to Madinah.

Between the age of 9 and 12, he accompanied his uncle Abu-Talib on a business trip to Syria. At the age of 25 he led Khadija’s Caravan to Syria.

It is highly imaginary to assume that the Qur’an resulted from the occasional chats and meetings with the Christians or Jews from any of the above three trips.

The day-to-day life of the Prophet was an open book for all to see. In fact a revelation came asking people to give the Prophet (pbuh) privacy in his own home. If the Prophet had been meeting people who told him what to say as a revelation from God, this would not have been hidden for very long.

The extremely prominent Quraish nobles who followed the Prophet and accepted Islam were wise and intelligent men who would have easily noticed anything suspicious about the way in which the Prophet brought the revelations to them - more so since the Prophetic mission lasted 23 years.

It is inconceivable that any human author of the Qur’an would have accepted a situation in which he received no credit whatsoever for originating the Qur’an.
Thus, historically and logically it cannot be established that there was a human source for the Qur’an.

The theory that Muhummad (pbuh) authored the Qur’an or copied from other sources can be disproved by the single historical fact that he was illiterate.

Allah testifies Himself in the Qur’an
In Surah Al-Ankabut chapter no.29 verse 48

"And thou was not (able) to recite a Book before this (Book came), nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: in that case, indeed, would the talkers of vanities have doubted."
[Al-Qur’an 29:48]

Allah (swt) knew that many would doubt the authenticity of the Qur’an and would ascribe it to Prophet Muhummad (pbuh). Therefore Allah in His Divine Wisdom chose the last and final Messenger to be an ‘Ummi’, i.e. unlettered, so that the talkers of vanity would not then have the slightest justification to doubt the Prophet. The accusation of his enemies that he had copied the Qur’an from other sources and rehashed it all in a beautiful language might have carried some weight, but even this flimsy pretence has been deprived to the unbeliever and the cynic.

The Arabic version of the Bible was not present at the time of Prophet Muhummad (pbuh). The earliest Arabic version of the Old Testament is that of R. Saadias Gaon of 900 C.E. - more than 250 years after the death of our beloved Prophet. The oldest Arabic version of the new Testament was published by Erpenius in 1616 C.E. - about a thousand years after the demise of our Prophet.

It is true that there are some similar parallels between the Qur’an and the Bible but this is not sufficient to accuse Muhummad (pbuh) of compiling or copying from the Bible. The same logic would then also be applicable to teachings of Christianity and Judaism and thus one could wrongly claim that Jesus (pbuh) was not a genuine Prophet (God forbid) and that he simply copied from the Old Testament.

Apple Pie

Ali Ansari said:
you are saying that Muhammad copied the Quran from the bible.

No.

Muhammad never once states in the Koran that he wrote its content –nor dictated its content to anyone else to write.

Thus, there is no evidence that he had anything at all to do with the collecting and writing of the text.

The authors who did finally pen the text, state merely that they copied and translated the Biblical scriptures into Arabic.

The theory that Muhummad (pbuh) authored the Qur’an or copied from other sources can be disproved by the single historical fact that he was illiterate.

This, then, is further proof that he never wrote the Koran in the first place.

It is true that there are some similar parallels between the Qur’an and the Bible but this is not sufficient to accuse Muhummad (pbuh) of compiling or copying from the Bible. The same logic would then also be applicable to teachings of Christianity and Judaism and thus one could wrongly claim that Jesus (pbuh) was not a genuine Prophet (God forbid) and that he simply copied from the Old Testament.
“Some similar parallels”…?

99% of the Koran is copied from the holy Bible.

>50% from the Book of Revelation alone.

It does not take a “prophet” to translate Biblical Hebrew and Greek into Arabic.

Thanks…

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Apple Pie said:
Our definitions come from the world’s leading Lexicologists..
How about yours..?

Thanks…

My definition(s) come from ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ko·ran or Qur·’an (kə-răn', -rän', kô-, kō-)
pron.gif

n.
The sacred text of Islam, considered by Muslims to contain the revelations of God to Muhammad. Also called Alcoran.

[Arabic (al-)qur’ān, (the) reading, recitation, Koran, from qara’a, to read, recite.]

Dictionary definition of Koran
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2004, 2000 by
Houghton Mifflin Company.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qur'an or Koran (kōrăn', –rän') [Arab.,=reading, recitation], the sacred book of Islam. Revealed by God to the Prophet Muhammad in separate revelations over the major portion of the Prophet's life at Mecca and at Medina.

Encyclopedia information about Koran
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition

Bibliography
See A. J. Arberry, The Qur'an Interpreted (2 vol., repr. 1969); I. Toshihiko, God and Man in the Koran (1964); R. Bell, Introduction to the Koran (2d ed. 1970); K. Cragg, The Event of the Koran (1971).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The noun Koran has one meaning:
Meaning #1: sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Mohammed during his life at Mecca and Medina; divided into 114 chapters
Synonyms: Quran, Book

WordNet information about Koran
WordNet 1.7.1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Qur'ān (Arabic: قرآن "recitation"), also transliterated as Quran, Koran, and less commonly as Alcoran.

Wikipedia information about Koran
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Qur'an".

The Qur'an (Arabic القرآن al-qurʼān, literally "the recitation"; also called Al-Qurʼān al-Karīm or "The Noble Qur'an"; also transliterated Quran, Koran, and less commonly Alcoran) is the holy book of Islam.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definition:

1. [noun] the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
    Synonyms: Koran, Quran, al-Qur'an, Book

Where is your collection defintion now buddy?????? :ignore: