• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knowing for sure

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Thanks for not being scared to ask JacobEzera.

The more we know about others, the more we also know about ourselves.

arthra

Baha'i
How did you become convince you were practicing the right religion?

Do you ever experience deep questioning? I ask because I am having trouble lately. I am starting to doubt christianity as a whole, and think I may have rushed into converting. I am not sure though

Jacob:

Well "rushing into converting" can be an issue..because you could just as well "rush" into leaving too...

For me it was just that everything was "right" that is, it met and exceeded my highest goals and aspirations

and was also confirmed by relationships I had with other people...

over time, this was further strengthened later in life in my marriage, raising my children, choice of career and so on.

But I would just encourage you to know that spiritually there is a oneness of all religions.. They all come from the same source.

I noticed you have a picture of Saint Francis ...there's a reason he was considered saintly. :D

GabrielWithoutWings

How did you become convince you were practicing the right religion?

Do you ever experience deep questioning? I ask because I am having trouble lately. I am starting to doubt christianity as a whole, and think I may have rushed into converting. I am not sure though

Are you having doubts about a specific Church teaching or just belief in general?

If the latter, you may just be experiencing a valley (as opposed to a crest) and may just need some time to step back and recharge your batteries.

Since you're Catholic, praying the best prayer in the entirety of the Bible (in my opinion) probably wouldn't hurt:

"Lord, I believe; help my unbelief."

ratikala

Istha gosthi
yes, prehaps reading all this stuff , is likely to cause doubt ,

but when doubt becomes unbearable some thing wonderfull happens ...

surrender ! I give up ! dear god I can bear this doubt no longer !

oh god give me faith ....

Thank you , now I am happy ,

I can read about the faith of others without becoming dissturbed ,
I can read about the faith of others and say ....jai

:namaste namaskars

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Are you having doubts about a specific Church teaching or just belief in general?

If the latter, you may just be experiencing a valley (as opposed to a crest) and may just need some time to step back and recharge your batteries.

Since you're Catholic, praying the best prayer in the entirety of the Bible (in my opinion) probably wouldn't hurt:

"Lord, I believe; help my unbelief."
It was just belief in general. Well, not in God, but in the path. I was thinking of reverting to a religion I used to practice.

But it actually past away when I prayered for help. So as you said, I have fully recharged my batteries :)

Thank you for the prayer and I will remember it.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
I actually did say something extremely close to this, and it helped.

dear jacobezra

this is purely a personal reflection ,

religion is merely a path , god is the destination .
it is natural to encounter doubt along the path ,
but fix your mind on that destination and you will surely acheive the goal :)

this universal principle applies to any path ,
for there are many paths , but ultimately only one goal

we could waste much valuable time switching from one path to another ,
only to realise that all paths are but tools ,
it is for us to use them skillfuly .

stay surrendered , ....stay happy ....:D

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***Mod post***

This thread has been moved to the Comparative Religion forum due to inappropriate posts for the DIR.

Please put in mind where you're posting in the future.​