• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knowing Brahman, Knowing God, Knowing I

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Are knowing Brahman and God a matter of self-awareness?

Luke 11:52

John 4:21-22

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Even better...matter calling self awareness Brahman or God

Awareness per se doesn’t name anything.
That is the brain function called consciousness.
So... matter calls self awareness Brahman or God.
(Not that there’s anything wrong with that :alien:)

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Brahman is not a God. It is the stuff that constitutes all things in the universe.

Yeah. And Brahma makes **** happen, Vishnu takes care of business and Shiva functions like an asynchronous tree-walking garbage collector (it’s a thing, trust me).

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't see what the Bible verses have to do with the subject.

One always has self awareness -- to varying degrees.
A god may be realized/created in more than one state, but at maximum awareness one has transcended any gods and Reality/The universe becomes Self and nothing but Self.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah. And Brahma makes **** happen, Vishnu takes care of business and Shiva functions like an asynchronous tree-walking garbage collector (it’s a thing, trust me).
More like Brahma creates illusion, Vishnu maintains it, and Shiva dissolves it.
Once dissolved, all that's left is Brahman.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Brahma creates illusion....Brahma makes **** happen
Vishnu maintains it....Vishnu takes care of business
Shiva dissolves it....Shiva functions like an asynchronous tree-walking garbage collector

Yep. Checks out.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
:) That is not my view. Advaita is different.

There is none other than Brahman in the universe; neither Brahma, nor Vishnu, nor Shiva too.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't see what the Bible verses have to do with the subject.

One always has self awareness -- to varying degrees.
A god may be realized/created in more than one state, but at maximum awareness one has transcended any gods and Reality/The universe becomes Self and nothing but Self.
when there is awareness only of exterior things, whose minding the house? or what is minding the house? the lights are on but nobody is home?

(22) Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to his disciples, "These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom."
They said to him, "Shall we then, as children, enter the kingdom?"
Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom."

what then is the kingdom of brahman if not I AM?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
what then is the kingdom of brahman if not I AM?
You cannot apply Abrahamic logic (whatever it is) to Eastern / Hindu view.
If Brahman alone exists, then whom will it rule over? None ruled, no ruler.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You cannot apply Abrahamic logic (whatever it is) to Eastern / Hindu view.
If Brahman alone exists, then whom will it rule over? No ruled, no ruler.
who said i couldn't? brahman? or abraham? you?

i will rule, the kingdom I AM

titters ;):rolleyes:o_O