• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Killing innocent people is a crime in Islam.

Astounded

Well, considering that Egypt is currently in crisis, anyone who's offended by anything is likely going to be someone's target.

Now, suppose the same inscription were to appear in a Coptic Church in America, what do you suppose would happen?

Probably nothing.

Nice tap dance. Nothing would happen because they are not in power. I asked about Egypt or if you want any other Muslim dominated country, I don't care.. Libya, Iraq, Iran, Turkey..take your pick. Is not Islam peaceful and tolerate everywhere or are there 'exceptions' to the toleration???

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Nice tap dance. Nothing would happen because they are not in power. I asked about Egypt or if you want any other Muslim dominated country, I don't care.. Libya, Iraq, Iran, Turkey..take your pick. Is not Islam peaceful and tolerate everywhere or are there 'exceptions' to the toleration???

"Islam" is neither peaceful nor destructive, any more than any other religious or non-religious philosophy.

The behavior I see in these places is exactly the type of behavior seen by people during the various crises that Europe has faced over the years, from the centuries following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire to the Protestant Reformation.

When people start killing other people en masse, there's something far deeper and more primal going on than something as sophisticated as religion.

Astounded

Tragedy, for sure.

Like I said, exactly what I'd expect to happen in a country in crisis.

But..but.. does not the Holy Quran provide all the necessary positive guidance for their personal live/actions or do they forget it when they walk out the door?? Or maybe, just maybe..it is allowed by the Quran and that's why they do it??? Geez, my mommy and daddy taught me the difference between right and wrong before i went to kindergarten. Obviously when they're shouting "God is Great" and pulling stunts like that, there's something amiss.

BTW, when are you going to stop making excuses for actions that are reprehensible??

If the US was in crisis, would you do what they do?? Hopefully, your mom and dad taught you that such actions are wrong, no matter which 'book' you ascribe to.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
But..but..

But but but but but but... but nothing.

If the US ended up in crisis, I'd get the bleep out of here faster than I already intend to.

I can't speak for the rest of people, though; I've started to lose faith in the American people. Mob riots happen here all the time, and the ones who carry out and support such riots are the exact type of people who would carry out the exact same behaviors observed in the Middle East.

The Qur'an doesn't allow it any more than the US Declaration of Independence, when it declares that it's the duty of the people to rise up against a corrupted government, would approve of such riots... no, I take that back. The Founding Fathers actually did engage in similar activities as was made available to them by the day's technology. Point is, anything can be twisted to be approving of mass killing.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Ah, did you not state that you would allow churches in Saudi Arabia above and that there is nothing in the Quran forbidding the building of churches? The majority does not allow churches in Saudi Arabla or there would be churches in Saudi Arabia. You are the minority that follow the Quran. The rest????

No,you're absolutely wrong.

We are the majority but Saudi Arabia is an independent state and we can't force her to accept building a church,its like saying the majority of christians in Europe has to force USA to accept building a mosque in NY.

Astounded

If the US ended up in crisis, I'd get the bleep out of here faster than I already intend to.

I can't speak for the rest of people, though; I've started to lose faith in the American people. Mob riots happen here all the time, and the ones who carry out and support such riots are the exact type of people who would carry out the exact same behaviors observed in the Middle East.

The Qur'an doesn't allow it any more than the US Declaration of Independence, when it declares that it's the duty of the people to rise up against a corrupted government, would approve of such riots... no, I take that back. The Founding Fathers actually did engage in similar activities as was made available to them by the day's technology. Point is, anything can be twisted to be approving of mass killing.

Right over your head....the people in mob riots here aren't running around yelling God is Great while rioting and using it as an excuse for such actions.

Maybe after you get the bleep out of the US, you might see the tie in between the religion and the actions....

Astounded

No,you're absolutely wrong.

We are the majority but Saudi Arabia is an independent state and we can't force her to accept building a church,its like saying the majority of christians in Europe has to force USA to accept building a mosque in NY.

Ah BS...the Ummah is ONE, is it not???? You mean to say that if all the Muslim organizations in all the countries around the world thought like you and supported building a church in Saudi Arabia, it couldn't be done??

The fact is, it would never even be proposed. Face it.

BTW what happens to a Christian that misses the Christian By Pass and ends up in Mecca???

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why muslims saved many jews during the Holocaust ? because those jews were innocent souls which need help.

Muslim Heroes Saved Jewish Lives During Holocaust

Today’s news is filled with stories of conflict, many of them focused on Israel and its Jewish and Muslim population. Within the history of the Holocaust, there are many under-reported stories of Muslims who bravely saved Jewish lives and it is important to tell these stories. According to the American scholar Arnold Reisman, Turkey actually did more to save Jewish lives during the Holocaust than the United States and the United Kingdom. In sum, Turkey saved around 15,000 Turkish Jews who were living in France, 20,000 Eastern European Jews, and an additional 190 prominent Jewish scholars who found safe haven in Turkey. Turkish Counsels in Greece and France fought hard to save Jewish lives at enormous risk. For instance, on the island of Rhodes, Turkish Consul Selahattin Ülkümen pressured the Nazis into sparing the 50 Jews of Rhodes who possessed Turkish citizenship. Later on, he was imprisoned by the Nazis after his consulate was bombed and his pregnant wife was murdered by the Nazis.

Interestingly, Turkey was not the only Muslim country whose diplomats actively worked to save Jewish lives during the Holocaust at enormous risk. Abdol-Hossein Sardari, who was in charge of the Iranian mission in Paris, saved 2,000 Iranian Jews that were living in France during the Nazis occupation, despite the fact that it put his career and life on the line; he continued to fight to save Jewish lives even after Iran was overrun by Allied Forces and he was ordered home by his superiors. He used his own personal inheritance money to finance the rescue of Iranian Jews after he was stripped of his diplomatic immunity and pay. Unfortunately, Abdol-Hossein Sardari never received any recognition during his lifetime and died in exile in London in 1981, after his Ambassador’s pension and Iranian properties were lost during the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

Reference : Muslim Heroes Saved Jewish Lives During Holocaust

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Ah BS...the Ummah is ONE, is it not???? You mean to say that if all the Muslim organizations in all the countries around the world thought like you and supported building a church in Saudi Arabia, it couldn't be done??

BTW what happens to a Christian that misses the Christian By Pass and ends up in Mecca???

The Ummah is one. :facepalm:
That was during the Islamic Empire,wake up,we are in the 21th century.

Astounded

Why muslims saved many jews during the Holocaust ? because those jews were innocent souls which need help.

Muslim Heroes Saved Jewish Lives During Holocaust

Today’s news is filled with stories of conflict, many of them focused on Israel and its Jewish and Muslim population. Within the history of the Holocaust, there are many under-reported stories of Muslims who bravely saved Jewish lives and it is important to tell these stories. According to the American scholar Arnold Reisman, Turkey actually did more to save Jewish lives during the Holocaust than the United States and the United Kingdom. In sum, Turkey saved around 15,000 Turkish Jews who were living in France, 20,000 Eastern European Jews, and an additional 190 prominent Jewish scholars who found safe haven in Turkey. Turkish Counsels in Greece and France fought hard to save Jewish lives at enormous risk. For instance, on the island of Rhodes, Turkish Consul Selahattin Ülkümen pressured the Nazis into sparing the 50 Jews of Rhodes who possessed Turkish citizenship. Later on, he was imprisoned by the Nazis after his consulate was bombed and his pregnant wife was murdered by the Nazis.

Interestingly, Turkey was not the only Muslim country whose diplomats actively worked to save Jewish lives during the Holocaust at enormous risk. Abdol-Hossein Sardari, who was in charge of the Iranian mission in Paris, saved 2,000 Iranian Jews that were living in France during the Nazis occupation, despite the fact that it put his career and life on the line; he continued to fight to save Jewish lives even after Iran was overrun by Allied Forces and he was ordered home by his superiors. He used his own personal inheritance money to finance the rescue of Iranian Jews after he was stripped of his diplomatic immunity and pay. Unfortunately, Abdol-Hossein Sardari never received any recognition during his lifetime and died in exile in London in 1981, after his Ambassador’s pension and Iranian properties were lost during the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

Reference : Muslim Heroes Saved Jewish Lives During Holocaust

And now you blow them up, if you get a chance. What happened between then and now??

And I could post similar info on other religions that saved Jews during WWII.

BTW, Turkey was a secular country back then and prided itself on it..sadly today they are moving away from it and embracing Islam as the rule of the land...

BTW, here's one of your boys in action...the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem..click on the link

The Mufti & the Fuehrer | Jewish Virtual Library

Astounded

The Ummah is one. :facepalm:
That was during the Islamic Empire,wake up,we are in the 21th century.

Wow..are you sure you're Muslim???

Ummah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

General usage
The word 'Ummah ' refers to "the people" in Arabic, more specifically to Muslim people with a common ideology and culture. "Ummah" is also used by Allah in the Quran referring to Muslims. It is more commonly used in Islamic countries. Muslim Ummah absolutely refers to the unity of muslims all over the world. It is a communal word which divides people into two classes: one of them is muslim and the other is non muslim. Non-Muslims are viewed as brothers and sisters in terms of all being children of Adam. The Muslim Ummah is responsible for upholding the religion and therefore benefiting the community regardless whether the community is Muslim or non-Muslim.

Astounded

BTW, care to tell us which, if any, Muslim country is on your short list when you get the bleep out of the US???

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Right over your head....the people in mob riots here aren't running around yelling God is Great while rioting and using it as an excuse for such actions.

Maybe after you get the bleep out of the US, you might see the tie in between the religion and the actions....

Unlikely, because while it would be naive to say that religion plays absolutely no role whatsoever when it is a factor, it is equally naive to say that the lack of a specific religion would mean all violence would end.

Do you blame Catholicism and English Protestantism for the actions of Irish terrorists?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
BTW, care to tell us which, if any, Muslim country is on your short list when you get the bleep out of the US???

Ack, screw Lynx...

What makes you think I'd want to go to any Muslim country? Even if there wasn't currently a major crisis going on in the Middle-East fast building up to what will amount to a World War, they're far too hot for my tastes.

Just like if we were living a hundred years ago, I'd want to stay as far away from Europe as possible, and if we were living during the European Dark Ages, I'd give a lot to live in an Islamic country during the Islamic Golden Age, just like many Viking explorers did.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Wow..are you sure you're Muslim???

Ummah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

General usage
The word 'Ummah ' refers to "the people" in Arabic, more specifically to Muslim people with a common ideology and culture. "Ummah" is also used by Allah in the Quran referring to Muslims. It is more commonly used in Islamic countries. Muslim Ummah absolutely refers to the unity of muslims all over the world. It is a communal word which divides people into two classes: one of them is muslim and the other is non muslim. Non-Muslims are viewed as brothers and sisters in terms of all being children of Adam. The Muslim Ummah is responsible for upholding the religion and therefore benefiting the community regardless whether the community is Muslim or non-Muslim.

So let me teach you how muslims become one Ummah.
According to the prophet prophecy it'll started from Syria and all arabic leaders will fall one after one.

[youtube]hu5py5rUCQk[/youtube]
Hadith: Return of the Khilafah - YouTube

Last edited:

Aamer

Truth Seeker

Ummah is One? Hahaha. Either you're highly ignorant, highly misinformed or have been smoking something funny. "The Ummah is One" sounds nice but it's not reality. The Ummah has been divided since Aisha (the Prophets wife) and Ali (his nephew) went to war against each other soon after Prophet Muhammad's death. This created the Sunni-Shia split and the Ummah hasn't been one since. Now there are MANY divisions. Sunnis and Shias still don't like each other. Most Muslims don't agree with Saudi Arabia and Wahhabi Islam (which is where all the extremism comes from). Then there are Quranist Muslims such as myself who are considered apostates by many other members of the "Ummah". Let's not forget Sufi Muslims and several offshoot sects such as Ahmadi, Deobandi, Ismaili, Mahdavi, Khariji, Ibadi, Submitters, Barelvi, Zaydi, etc. And you say the UMMAH IS ONE??? Obviously you need to go educate yourself before you start acting like an expert on the history and beliefs of Islam.

Astounded

Unlikely, because while it would be naive to say that religion plays absolutely no role whatsoever when it is a factor, it is equally naive to say that the lack of a specific religion would mean all violence would end.

Do you blame Catholicism and English Protestantism for the actions of Irish terrorists?

The difference is there is nothing in their' books' that can be interpreted/twisted to allow the murder of innocents as in verse 33,etc. They would know what they did was wrong in their respective religions and I don't think they were shouting God is Great in the performance of their 'deeds.' I would imagine that the Irish terrorists knew in their minds that what they were doing would not be condoned by God but they did it anyway. But I'm not Irish so.... The Muslims terrorists thnk that their actions exemplify that God is Great...no matter who dies or is hurt

Riverwolf

Premium Member
The difference is there is nothing in their' books' that can be interpreted/twisted to allow the murder of innocents as in verse 33,etc. They would know what they did was wrong in their respective religions and I don't think they were shouting God is Great in the performance of their 'deeds.' I would imagine that the Irish terrorists knew in their minds that what they were doing would not be condoned by God but they did it anyway. But I'm not Irish so.... The Muslims terrorists thnk that their actions exemplify that God is Great...no matter who dies or is hurt

So do Irish terrorists, as a matter of fact. "The True Irishman speaks Gaelic, plays Gaelic Games, and is Catholic." That was a major factor of Irish National Identity. FTR, I am of Irish decent.

BTW, they just shout "God is Great" for the same psychological reasons that kids recently kept shouting about how they used to be such and such until they took an arrow to the knee.