• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Killing innocent people is a crime in Islam.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Killing any soul in Islam is a crime,and God made it clear for us to understand.

One verse in the quran says.

أَتَأْمُرُونَ النَّاسَ بِالْبِرِّ وَتَنْسَوْنَ أَنْفُسَكُمْ وَأَنْتُمْ تَتْلُونَ الْكِتَابَ أَفَلَا تَعْقِلُونَ
What! do you enjoin men to be good and neglect your own souls while you read the Book; have you then no sense? (2:44)

So how to ask people to be good while you yourself are doing evil.

The next verse says

مِنْ أَجْلِ ذَٰلِكَ كَتَبْنَا عَلَىٰ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ أَنَّهُ مَنْ قَتَلَ نَفْسًا بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِي الْأَرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعًا وَمَنْ أَحْيَاهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعًا وَلَقَدْ جَاءَتْهُمْ رُسُلُنَا بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ ثُمَّ إِنَّ كَثِيرًا مِنْهُمْ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ فِي الْأَرْضِ لَمُسْرِفُونَ

Therefore We prescribed for the Children of Israel that whoso slays a soul not to retaliate for a soul slain, nor for corruption done in the land, shall be as if he had slain mankind altogether; and whoso gives life to a soul, shall be as if he ha given life to mankind altogether. Our Messengers have already come to them with the clear signs; then many of them thereafter commit excesses in the earth. (5:32)

The verse says that it was said for the children of Israel as not to slay a soul,so it isn't a matter of a believer soul or a disbeliever soul,but any soul,so killing a human being is an evil act and a crime regardless of religion.

Then the verse is saying that god will find it great for those who help the mankind to survive,so it isn't talking about the believers but the human mankind as a whole.

So anyone who kill innocent people in the name of Islam is a murderer and not a real muslim.

Muhammed PBUH was fighting warriors holding swords and for defence and never attacked people in their homes or those walking in peace.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Muhammed PBUH was fighting warriors holding swords and for defence and never attacked people in their homes or those walking in peace.
This is all very true, FearGod, however the sticky part is how "innocent" is rendered. That, unfortunately, is a rather grey area.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'm aware of that. ^_^

Now if only we can get that across to the rest of America...

Though I'm pretty sure I read a verse at one point that defined exactly who was not okay to kill even in war.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Killing any soul in Islam is a crime,and God made it clear for us to understand.

One verse in the quran says.

أَتَأْمُرُونَ النَّاسَ بِالْبِرِّ وَتَنْسَوْنَ أَنْفُسَكُمْ وَأَنْتُمْ تَتْلُونَ الْكِتَابَ أَفَلَا تَعْقِلُونَ
What! do you enjoin men to be good and neglect your own souls while you read the Book; have you then no sense? (2:44)

So how to ask people to be good while you yourself are doing evil.

The next verse says

مِنْ أَجْلِ ذَٰلِكَ كَتَبْنَا عَلَىٰ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ أَنَّهُ مَنْ قَتَلَ نَفْسًا بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِي الْأَرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعًا وَمَنْ أَحْيَاهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعًا وَلَقَدْ جَاءَتْهُمْ رُسُلُنَا بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ ثُمَّ إِنَّ كَثِيرًا مِنْهُمْ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ فِي الْأَرْضِ لَمُسْرِفُونَ

Therefore We prescribed for the Children of Israel that whoso slays a soul not to retaliate for a soul slain, nor for corruption done in the land, shall be as if he had slain mankind altogether; and whoso gives life to a soul, shall be as if he ha given life to mankind altogether. Our Messengers have already come to them with the clear signs; then many of them thereafter commit excesses in the earth. (5:32)

The verse says that it was said for the children of Israel as not to slay a soul,so it isn't a matter of a believer soul or a disbeliever soul,but any soul,so killing a human being is an evil act and a crime regardless of religion.

Then the verse is saying that god will find it great for those who help the mankind to survive,so it isn't talking about the believers but the human mankind as a whole.

So anyone who kill innocent people in the name of Islam is a murderer and not a real muslim.

Now all you needs do is present the verse(s) where the Koran defines "innocent"...
Just saying.

Union jack

Killing any soul in Islam is a crime,and God made it clear for us to understand... Our Messengers have already come to them with the clear signs; then many of them thereafter commit excesses in the earth. (5:32)

That "the last state of that man is worse than the first" (Mathew 12:45)
we could argue an over-ride of free-will had possibly occurred.

Aquitaine

What about those who leave Islam? There seems to be a lot of support for the death penalty of apostates, and even Homosexuals amongst Muslims worldwide.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What about those who leave Islam? There seems to be a lot of support for the death penalty of apostates, and even Homosexuals amongst Muslims worldwide.

Apostates was invented by men and not ordered by God.
Death For Apostasy Is Un-Islamic and NOT in the Qur'an!

Regarding homosexuals,there is no mention for them in the quran except that God himself is the one to punish them and that was clear by the story of LOT's people and how God punished them and also the prophet PBUH warned us about the punishment of sex in public

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Never does sexual perversion become widespread and publicly [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]known in certain people without them being overtaken by plague and disease that never happened to their ancestors who came before them.”(Reported by Ibn Majah.) He (peace be upon him) also said:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Whenever adultery becomes a widespread phenomena among certain people, death will spread among them.”(Reported by Malik.)[/FONT]

dust1n

Zindīq
I would certainly hope so FearGod, but I wouldn't be innocent, I would be guilty of blasphemy, would I not, FG?

sunni56

There is actually a sin that is worse than killing in Islam and that is treachery. To declare loyalty to a State or sign a binding contract or a pledge of allegiance, and then to act opposite to it by killing the subjects of the State is blatant treachery, something which is not permitted under any circumstances, including if your own life is at risk. Treachery is worse than killing.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I would certainly hope so FearGod, but I wouldn't be innocent, I would be guilty of blasphemy, would I not, FG?

Religion isn't forced and God never asked for killing a disbeliever just because he doesn't want to be a submitter to God.

Actually it make no sense to enforce ones belief,it should be by heart and not by knife.

So all people are innocents whether a believer or disbeliever since they don't do any harm to their society.

dust1n

Zindīq
Religion isn't forced and God never asked for killing a disbeliever just because he doesn't want to be a submitter to God.

Actually it make no sense to enforce ones belief,it should be by heart and not by knife.

So all people are innocents whether a believer or disbeliever since they don't do any harm to their society.

Thanks, a beautiful response! I agree with you %100.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Innocents are those who aren't criminals.
If that is the definition you wish to go with then you will need to define "criminal" as well.

Are there any verses in the Koran that define "innocent"?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If that is the definition you wish to go with then you will need to define "criminal" as well.

Are there any verses in the Koran that define "innocent"?

Yes,one verse is enough to understand who is criminal and who is to be punished.

O ye who believe! Retaliation is prescribed for you in the matter of the murdered; the freeman for the freeman, and the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. And for him who is forgiven somewhat by his (injured) brother, prosecution according to usage and payment unto him in kindness. This is an alleviation and a mercy from your Lord. He who transgresseth after this will have a painful doom. (2:178)

The verse says that the criminal should only be punished and not to punish the others whom are of course innocents from his act.

For example if one killed my brother then in Islam it isn't allowed that i have to kill his brother too as a retaliation but only the killer should be brought to justice as his brother is innocent of his act.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
so boston bombers will have no access to houris in heavan ?

According to Islam they are murderers.

Islam doesn't distinguish punishment according to ones religion,all are punished according to their deeds and not according to their beliefs.

So their act of killing innocent people is a crime.

gnostic

The Lost One
A few questions:

Who is at fault for killing innocent people (X)? The people (A), who fired a missile at the enemy (B), and killing the innocents (X)? Or the enemy (B), who used those innocent people (X) as "human shield", who are killed by people (A)?