• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ken Ham is ripping of Kentucky again:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I think they have a cafe.
Cafes are nice. Still, a buffet, you can really load up. It fits the crowd that Ken is catering to. Strange he doesn't have one on the ark. I mean, all those animals available, should be lots of entrees to choose from if there was a buffet. They could call it the Captain's Mess, Ark Buffet. That would be a great name. I should send him and his marketing guys an email about it.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Where they serve etoufee.
Would they be able to serve etoufee and keep the atmosphere authentic? I mean, they did not take shellfish on the ark. Then there is the unclean things laws that weren't revealed or in effect yet, but still somehow known and followed. Besides, all the seafood got wiped out.

There is always chicken, since seafood is out.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
"Should be worth"?
That's not how real estate appraisals work.
It's about analyzing what they "are worth".

How would you like to pay income tax based
upon what the IRS thinks you should be earning?
See the problem?

But no one has a duty to pay tax based upon an illegally high assessment.
In this case, there's disagreement about value.
Looks like it'll be settled in court.
(Here, tax tribunals precede court.)
Tribunal. That sounds friendly. I would derive a great deal of comfort going before a tribunal for anything.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
"Should be worth"?
That's not how real estate appraisals work.
It's about analyzing what they "are worth".

How would you like to pay income tax based
upon what the IRS thinks you should be earning?
See the problem?

But no one has a duty to pay tax based upon an illegally high assessment.
In this case, there's disagreement about value.
Looks like it'll be settled in court.
(Here, tax tribunals precede court.)
Child support is often based on what the court thinks you should be making. At least in the cases where the person paying support loses a job and cannot find one that pays the same. It is that person's burden to show that they have not found a position with equivalent pay and even then the support obligation may not change.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Multiple taxation is normal.
What really should be watched is what incentives taxation poses.

We used to have something here called the Single Business Tax.
It was based upon fed tax, but payroll costs were added back
to income. This incentivized getting rid of employees because
the expenses weren't deductable. Bad move in a state with
employment problems, eh.
I know it is normal, I have just never understood how it was legal. I have had some smart people try to explain it to me. I probably should find a bookie and have him or her explain it. They might be able to make some sense of it.

Our leaders come up with such grand and productive schemes that are the benefit of all.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'd say the factor is one million, since it's priceless to see atheists get upset by it. Go Kentucky!

Why would people lying for Jesus make you happy? That really should make you sad. Plus Ham is a first rate conman. That he has taken in so many of your faith should make you angrier at him than atheists are.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Would they be able to serve etoufee and keep the atmosphere authentic? I mean, they did not take shellfish on the ark. Then there is the unclean things laws that weren't revealed or in effect yet, but still somehow known and followed. Besides, all the seafood got wiped out.

There is always chicken, since seafood is out.
One could make a nice gumbo with chicken. Of course the Andouille sausage might be a problem.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Child support is often based on what the court thinks you should be making. At least in the cases where the person paying support loses a job and cannot find one that pays the same. It is that person's burden to show that they have not found a position with equivalent pay and even then the support obligation may not change.
I can just see the court telling a building owner....
"You should've paid twice as much for that building.
So your assessment will be based upon that."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know it is normal, I have just never understood how it was legal. I have had some smart people try to explain it to me. I probably should find a bookie and have him or her explain it. They might be able to make some sense of it.

Our leaders come up with such grand and productive schemes that are the benefit of all.
It's legal because it isn't illegal.
I paid tax on the income I used for paying Social Security tax,
& then I pay tax on the benefits I receive. Double taxation is
very common.
Another nasty tax is capital gains.
Suppose....
You buy a property for $1 in 1970.
Inflation runs 7% per year.
You sell it for $2 in 1980.
You're taxed for $1 profit.

But the $2 you got in 1980 are the exact same
value as that $1 in 1970. You pay tax on currency
devaluation, ie, rise in nominal value because it
takes more dollars to to compensate for lost value
of the dollar.

lostwanderingsoul

So, everyone is upset because he want to pay less tax. Don't we all feel the same way? How how about churches themselves? I think they pay no tax. Why not try to change that?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Why would people lying for Jesus make you happy? That really should make you sad. Plus Ham is a first rate conman. That he has taken in so many of your faith should make you angrier at him than atheists are.

The lying is representing a story about perceived value, which is different than actual value, as used in tax reporting.

Why does lying about Christians make YOU happy? I rarely ask you a question anymore, because instead of straight answers, you spout ad hom attacks, you know, like you're doing now against Ken Ham. YOU READ HIS MIND AND KNOW he's not an honest Creationist, he MUST be a liar.

That's closer to SLANDER than and ad hom to me and I'm unsure how you avoid an RF ban, you could bring down legal implications if Mr. Ham read the things you make up about his character--I won't tell him, but you should definitely lighten up on your lies.