• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keep fingers crossed, another whack at Obamacare

esmith

Veteran Member
Even though Obamacare does not affect me directly I'm all for modifying or replacing it (no not single payer). However, to get it to get through Congress I suspect it will have to be a Republican only vote and have you ever tried herding cats.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't understand why people are at all confident that TrumpCare will be an improvement.
Tom
I'm just happy people won't be forced to purchase insurance they don't need or want.

Aside from that, Obamacare just simply isn't working except for a minority of people.

The middle class majority are getting horribly burned by the program's extravagant "back door" costs aka, deductibles and miscellaneous fees and clearly it's going to get worse.

It's just got to go whether it's now, or later down the road.

I would suspect there'll be a hands across the table effort put together something that is hopefully far more equitable and fair for everyone, not just a demographic group of people benefiting at the expense of others.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Once Obamacare is killed,...
And how many innocent Americans will have to die prematurely with even more suffering before one realizes that the ACA can be and should be improved without throwing the baby out with the bathwater? If the Pubs are so sure they can do better, then why are they rushing this through w/o waiting to get the CBO and other independent analysis?

Twilight Hue

And how many innocent Americans will have to die prematurely with even more suffering before one realizes that the ACA can be and should be improved without throwing the baby out with the bathwater? If the Pubs are so sure they can do better, then why are they rushing this through w/o waiting to get the CBO and other independent analysis?
like I mentioned before many times.

It's not that hard, we had a working system before. People survived then, and people will survive now. Critical Care already is right in this country. Nobody's going to be refused life and death treatment.

metis

It's not that hard, we had a working system before.
Not true, as American health outcomes according to the W.H.O. rank around 40th worldwide, and the Kaiser and Harvard studies put the number of Americans who died prematurely prior to the ACA at between 40,000 and 45,000 each year. And this doesn't include many others who suffered but didn't die.

Critical Care already is right in this country. Nobody's going to be refused life and death treatment.
False as I mentioned in my last post, and one of those who died prematurely was my brother-in-law who had a heart condition and was in a job transition minus having health insurance coverage.

esmith

Veteran Member
I don't understand why people are at all confident that TrumpCare will be an improvement.
Tom

Not true, as American health outcomes according to the W.H.O. rank around 40th worldwide, and the Kaiser and Harvard studies put the number of Americans who died prematurely prior to the ACA at between 40,000 and 45,000 each year. And this doesn't include many others who suffered but didn't die.

Why don't we just wait and see what is put forward before jumping on the "It's Bad Wagon"?
Or is it possible that those that have an issue with President Trump no matter if he puts something forward that is good for the Country they refuse to accept it?

Oh, also didn't know you'll were Conservatives?

Last edited:

esmith

Veteran Member
taking away health care is not "good for the country""!!
Which crystal ball or gypsy fortune teller are you using nowadays.
Or is it you are just making the typical anti-Trump rant?
You do realize that this is a Conservative section don't you?

metis

Obamacare is now set to destroy itself in 2018.

Enjoy paying the higher premiums everybody.

Obamacare Premiums Set to Skyrocket in 2018
Maybe you can explain to us what the Republicans have done to ameliorate this situation? And then maybe you can explain how removing millions of Americans from their insurance is going to help them and the rest of us out?

News Flash! The Obama administration is no longer running the country.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
942140.jpg

esmith

Veteran Member
Maybe you can explain to us what the Republicans have done to ameliorate this situation? And then maybe you can explain how removing millions of Americans from their insurance is going to help them and the rest of us out?

News Flash! The Obama administration is no longer running the country.
Didn't know you were a conservative:D

Twilight Hue

Sometimes I don't know why we keep fighting Obamacare. It's clearly going to implode under its own weight eventually.

The way it looks 2018 is going to be that year when people will finally open their eyes once they see the new mandated bills coming in and the sticker shock that follows from the skyrocketed premiums. Of course the high-deductible costs nobody mentions about will further that, of which will pretty much put the program in its grave.

esmith

Veteran Member
Now you sound like a feminista.
I don't have to respond in the thread with anything substantive. I will just complain about you posting in it.
Tom
And I didn't post with anything substantive, just wondering if @metis was a conservative since this is a "Restricted Political Area":D