• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kanye West Is Officially Running For President

Rational Agnostic

Kanye West is running for president (and it's not a joke, it has been reported on by every major news station already). The crazy thing is, this country is in such a weird place right now, with two horrible choices for president, that he actually has a chance (though obviously very small) of winning, especially with the endorsement of Elon Musk. Isn't 2020 fun?

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1279575273365594112

PureX

Veteran Member
Kanye West is running for president (and it's not a joke, it has been reported on by every major news station already). The crazy thing is, this country is in such a weird place right now, with two horrible choices for president, that he actually has a chance (though obviously very small) of winning, especially with the endorsement of Elon Musk. Isn't 2020 fun?

There are some very good and logical reasons to vote for Kanye West in spite of the fact that he is a very poor (in my opinion) candidate. Which is why, I suspect, Elon Musk endorses doing so. Ultimately, however, it's not going to be who we vote for as president that matters so much as who we vote for in the Congress and the Senate. This is where the real damage is being done, and where we desperately need to reject the status quo.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Reducing Biden v Trump to "two horrible choices for president" promotes little more than a vile and ignorant false equivalency. And no, witnessing such irresponsibility is not at all fun.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I can see Biden as the quarterback,
you want to bet on who's the coach ?
And a really good lawyer as the V.P. !

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Kanye missed the deadline in the majority of states, so he would have to have a **** ton of write-ins, and I don't see that happening. This is a vanity project more than a serious attempt.

Rational Agnostic

Kanye missed the deadline in the majority of states, so he would have to have a **** ton of write-ins, and I don't see that happening. This is a vanity project more than a serious attempt.

I read that he missed the deadline in only six states. Where did you read that it was a majority? In any case, it's obviously extremely unlikely that he wins, but if there were a year that he could win, this would be it IMO

Rational Agnostic

There are some very good and logical reasons to vote for Kanye West in spite of the fact that he is a very poor (in my opinion) candidate. Which is why, I suspect, Elon Musk endorses doing so. Ultimately, however, it's not going to be who we vote for as president that matters so much as who we vote for in the Congress and the Senate. This is where the real damage is being done, and where we desperately need to reject the status quo.

Giving Kanye the authority to start a nuclear war? Sorry, I don't see that as "logical." The guy's behavior is completely uninhibited, spontaneous, and out of control. He behaves like he is severely intoxicated all of the time. Dennis Rodman would probably be a safer choice. :D

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I read that he missed the deadline in only six states. Where did you read that it was a majority? In any case, it's obviously extremely unlikely that he wins, but if there were a year that he could win, this would be it IMO
Sorry, to clarify, he's missed the deadline for the primaries in the majority of states, and six states to register as an independent, as well as states with the largest EC votes. https://nypost.com/2020/07/04/kanye-west-tweets-hes-running-for-president/

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

We've seen how disastrous it is voting for someone running on their celebrity status. Twice. Crack and Covid. It is their legacy.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Are we sure Kanye is not being paid by Trump or a Trump supporter to try to pull people away from Biden? :rolleyes::eek:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Which in my mind means starting with Mitch McConnell. Voting him out would be great, other suggestions are not really defensible or polite.

Terry Sampson

Twitter don't lie.
Screenshot_2020-07-0.png

I think that's pretty good evidence that the world is officially in its last phase, ... better known as The End Times!!!

Buckle your seatbealts and put on your helmets. We're in for a wild ride before we crash.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Reducing Biden v Trump to "two horrible choices for president" promotes little more than a vile and ignorant false equivalency. And no, witnessing such irresponsibility is not at all fun.
You’re right. Biden alone is a terrible choice.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Not really looking for a debate, just curious what you think the 'good and logical reasons' are, given the American electoral system.

PureX

Veteran Member
Giving Kanye the authority to start a nuclear war?
Presidents don't have the authority to start wars. They have to get the legislature to do that. And anyway, Kanye couldn't possibly be any more dangerous as a president than the one we have, now.
Sorry, I don't see that as "logical." The guy's behavior is completely uninhibited, spontaneous, and out of control. He behaves like he is severely intoxicated all of the time. Dennis Rodman would probably be a safer choice. :D
Being a black man, the republicans in the House and Senate would reject ANY proposal he dared to make. He would be as impotent as Obama. Even more-so, in fact, since the democrats would hate him as well, and do likewise.